Ever since the introduction of EasyAntiCheats, I have been wondering about why it's disabled to change the affinity and priority now.

But I would assume this is a security measure of some kind (since you can allow EAC to run on just 1 core, which seems odd but doesn't affect the game process I guess).

However I found a way to still allow High priority to the APB Process (for affinity I use Process Lasso). I first contacted Matt asking if it was allowed to post or not and he gave me the permission to post it after some testing. Basically what we gonna do is add a registry key to the registry of Windows to tell Windows we always want this application High priority from the get-go.

My first impressions felt like the mouse input latency (mouse to screen reaction) felt a bit smoother compared to before. But that could been placebo effect, most of my testers also claimed the same thing.

Disclaimer:

Now I am not gonna say it's gonna give you +30000% boost in FPS or frame time consistency because it's not going to. But it might help with several systems running a lot of processes or just tell the OS to give resources to this application first.

I made this into a simple reg file to add it to your registry. (remove the keys to revert the changes)

VirusTotal.com:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/841ae6c2fef5fd40a32ebca3d472558f9d3f90ad43ee54788ff257087e897527/detection

Download reg file:

https://mega.nz/#!c5ARTYQZ!KEek0mbEkahcFR29zgHy_z7-IE0mz1kfY-VY3Zlu3ws

The source code in case you want to do this manually: (keep in mind the forums make . e x e "program", so it should be \APB . e x e)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\APBprogram\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

Let me know how it works out!

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

No thank you. 🙂  but im curious to know more on stability. I have seen some cases where changing app priority can cause crashes... 

Edited by fragmeister

I've been using this for some time now, no crashes due to it and on my system (with a lot of processes running) a noticeable improvement

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

No thanks.

Thanks for your critical feedback.

🤢

1 hour ago, fragmeister said:

No thank you. 🙂  but im curious to know more on stability. I have seen some cases where changing app priority can cause crashes... 

0 crashs ever happened to me related when using this. Sure using high -could- do funky stuff if the application already has properly designed that it uses a higher priority. But so far I haven't noticed it giving issues, nor the testers. You can always give it a try and remove it if undesired.

• Like 1

I've been one of the people testing for a little while and no problems this far. Seems to improve performance but I can't swear on it.

30 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

Thanks, I'll try it out. question, how would you go about reverting this if you don't want to use it anymore?

All you have to do is delete this 'key' called 'apb . e x e':

S6LDxgg.png

• Like 1

I'm on Windows 10 and this doesn't seem to work for me. APB stays on Normal Priority and as for Affinity its set to use all 8 of my cores.

13 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

I'm on Windows 10 and this doesn't seem to work for me. APB stays on Normal Priority and as for Affinity its set to use all 8 of my cores.

I'm on win10 as well, worked without issues. Care to screenshot the registry on the location Kyouki posted earlier? 

This wouldn't affect Affinity, we use a different program to set that.

That would be 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\APBprogram\PerfOptions

Edited by Kevkof

43 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

Did you use the manual method or did you use the file I've created?

Could you please provide a screenshot of the location as shown on my screenshot to remove it?

The forums do rename . e x e to 'program' which makes it difficult to understand for people to do it manually.

As Kev nicely posted below, this doesn't affect affinity.

42 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

I'm on win10 as well, worked without issues. Care to screenshot the registry on the location Kyouki posted earlier? 

This wouldn't affect Affinity, we use a different program to set that.

That would be 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\APBprogram\PerfOptions

Take note of the 'APBprogram' which should be 'APB. e x e' without the spaces of course.

1 minute ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

JfeD4uQ.pngGr7jqUH.png

Probably a silly question, did you reboot your APB client after applying the change? It seems to be correct.

and as for process lasso what core would we want apb running on 0-7?

3 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Probably a silly question, did you reboot your APB client after applying the change? It seems to be correct.

i did a full reboot of my pc after i applyed the registry edit, so yeah. 

3 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

and as for process lasso what core would we want apb running on 0-7?

i did a full reboot of my pc after i applyed the registry edit, so yeah. 

I did notice it interfering with Process Lasso, did you change it there? That one basically is not allowed to change priority anymore. Let the reg file do the priority.

For affinity I would suggest them not to run on core0 and the first thread (SMT/hyperthreading) since 85% runs on there.

Which build of Windows 10 do you run? 1909? ( start -> run -> 'winver' )

I did not use Process Lasso to change anything (yet) I only used your registy file. As for setting Affinity, so just disable it from running on core 0 and allow it on 1-7? im not understanding your directions sorry.

VXcDk09.png

3 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

I did not use Process Lasso to change anything (yet) I only used your registy file. As for setting Affinity, so just disable it from running on core 0 and allow it on 1-7? im not understanding your directions sorry.

VXcDk09.png

For APB. e x e I would just set it from 2-7. Don't worry about the other information 🙂

I'll have to dig into why it wouldn't work for you.

• Like 1

well i definitely noticed less stuttering when i properly set the affinity to cores 2-7. 

any news for my problem setting the priority?

3 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

well i definitely noticed less stuttering when i properly set the affinity to cores 2-7. 

any news for my problem setting the priority?

Yeah that is because Core0 and Core1 are mostly hammered by other applications taking the same place.

I haven't found as to why it doesn't work for you,  would you be able to tell which Windows 10 build you're on? Maybe different build needs a different path.

Thanks man. For me it's only few more FPS improvement but that means a lot when you get such drops as mine.

19 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Yeah that is because Core0 and Core1 are mostly hammered by other applications taking the same place.

I haven't found as to why it doesn't work for you,  would you be able to tell which Windows 10 build you're on? Maybe different build needs a different path.

VXcDk09.png this is my OS version