DoesntExistAnyMore

No threats district

11 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

As i said before , i dont wanna get good , id like to play as a silver , and we have threats in this game to separate  each type of player , why so hard for you to understand ? 

why dont you go play vs golds only  ? why do u kill silvers and bronzes  ? i always  see you playing in bronze district when you are a gold player  ,  did you learn from your mistakes and got good and started playing in silver district against your  threat x) ?

If you don't want to get good, be prepared to lose. You can't suck and win, that defeats the whole purpose of winning and losing. It can happen in this game because it's badly balanced in many ways but it doesn't mean we should strive to keep it.

3 hours ago, Uke said:

If you don't want to get good, be prepared to lose. You can't suck and win, that defeats the whole purpose of winning and losing. It can happen in this game because it's badly balanced in many ways but it doesn't mean we should strive to keep it.

^

I don't understand why my last post was disliked to all hell, so I think people missed the point - either that or they just don't want APB to let people play with each other. Basically the matchmaking is the true problem with the game. Not the threat. We wouldn't need the threat if it wasn't for bad matchmaking. I don't see whats so bad about what I said since literally every other LIVING game has decent matchmaking opposed to segregating you from the same world as other players. I know APB has some Matchmaking, but it's not at its full potential. 😐 But I am sure there will be dislikes on this post too since maybe that's not what people want, I guess they just want to stomp on bronzes all the time lol

14 hours ago, Uke said:

I can stay as a silver player skills and meet silvers if we have fair matchmaking .. simple ! .. Pro golds try so hard they play like machines ... if its fun for them this way it doesnt mean its fun for everyone .. 

The forums obviuosly is full of golds .. if there were silvers here or bronzes they basically have the same opinion as me ..

I still dont get it .. why golds enjoy killing lower skilled players instead of showing their real skills vs golds like them ? .. and then complsin about us not liking to be farmed only the whole time 

No fun for anyone who play the game and cant spawn cuz enemy camping with rpg or a sniper .. or someone driving around to find u as soon as u spawn .. and its not like 1 mission like this .. noo imagine that every day and all night .. thats a reason for us to quit the game .. 

I would like to play vs silvers - low golds .. thats my level .. i dont want to fight bronze nor high gold .. thats it ..

P.s. my topic was about asking if we are getting threat districts back or not ..thats it ! 

Edited by KawaiiAlice
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

I don't understand why my last post was disliked to all hell, so I think people missed the point - either that or they just don't want APB to let people play with each other. Basically the matchmaking is the true problem with the game. Not the threat. We wouldn't need the threat if it wasn't for bad matchmaking. I don't see whats so bad about what I said since literally every other LIVING game has decent matchmaking opposed to segregating you from the same world as other players. I know APB has some Matchmaking, but it's not at its full potential. 😐 But I am sure there will be dislikes on this post too since maybe that's not what people want, I guess they just want to stomp on bronzes all the time lol

matchmaking theoretically works fine, it’s the limited amount of people it has to choose from that results in problems

this is why no segregation is a problem - because we still have the same limited pool of potential players but now there’s even more variation in threat levels

for a simplified example: if you have 10 golds in a district (segregation) it’s far more likely that you will get a balanced match than if you have 3 golds, 4 silvers, and 3 bronzes (no segregation)

this is not an issue for most other games because most other games don’t limit matchmaking to players currently in a specific instance/district/lobby, which is what apb is moving towards with the eventual addition of phasing 

but until phasing happens no segregation will continue to be a mess

20 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

see you playing in bronze district when you are a gold player 

I don't even play in bronze lmfao

9 hours ago, Aizzor said:

>Playing multiplayer

>I dont want to get good

silver mentality dawg

Merged.

4 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

I can stay as a silver player skills and meet silvers if we have fair matchmaking .. simple ! .. Pro golds try so hard they play like machines ... if its fun for them this way it doesnt mean its fun for everyone .. 

sorry but, like i said multiple times before, get better.

11 minutes ago, Hansner said:

I don't even play in bronze lmfao

You Really gonna lie about it  lel ?!

you are always in bronze district and your name is known there 

got nothing more to say to you , ~ Blocked

4 minutes ago, KawaiiAlice said:

Lmao but it is true tho

7 minutes ago, KawaiiAlice said:

you are always in bronze district and your name is known there 

got nothing more to say to you , ~ Blocked

Unfortunately as much as I dislike the Frenchy you're talking to, he's been gold since the beginning of time.

3 minutes ago, Cuve said:

Unfortunately as much as I dislike the Frenchy you're talking to, he's been gold since the beginning of time.

true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansner said:

Lmao but it is true tho

I've seen you few times in bronze district though

1 hour ago, Cuve said:

He plays in bronze district , Everyone knows him there , If u don't play in bronze district how can you tell ? ,I played against / With him many times .

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

matchmaking theoretically works fine, it’s the limited amount of people it has to choose from that results in problems

this is why no segregation is a problem - because we still have the same limited pool of potential players but now there’s even more variation in threat levels

for a simplified example: if you have 10 golds in a district (segregation) it’s far more likely that you will get a balanced match than if you have 3 golds, 4 silvers, and 3 bronzes (no segregation)

this is not an issue for most other games because most other games don’t limit matchmaking to players currently in a specific instance/district/lobby, which is what apb is moving towards with the eventual addition of phasing 

but until phasing happens no segregation will continue to be a mess

Theoretically? Maybe. I am going to have to disagree with it in actual practice though... since it doesn't seem to actually take rank and playtime that into account. Also not to mention that I've seen outright times that the game thought a 2v4 was fair, meaning the two individuals couldn't call back up.  This was even on a segregated district system. The issue with that is you're at a disadvantage just by sheer player count. What it should try to do is give the op 2 golds and give the other 4 silver teammates. This sometimes happens... but never consistently enough. 

But let's say my observations were extremely limited and only happened in those cases ever.

The interesting thing is you bring up how unbalanced it is being non-segregated... but you're forgetting barely anyone on Console is complaining about matchmaking based on skill. They're not segregated by threat either, that's the funny thing. The only thing making console people quit/complain is the lack of updates and cruddy optimization ( and maybe occasionally toxic players I guess, cause u know... APB community). There are many good console players out there too, it's not like they all suck.

Even funnier is that no one in APB used to really care about what district others were in back when I first started. Sure they cared about being gold/silver but never complained about people being in the wrong district. I know I was never harassed for it the times I did it. This is only in a post e-sports era that this is even an issue - from what I am noticing anyway. The funny thing is, unless APB completely changes its weapon/progression system, it will never be fair.

4 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

since it doesn't seem to actually take rank and playtime that into account.

because rank and playtime are not indicative of skill otherwise everyone with 1000 hours would be high gold, which is not the case

6 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

Also not to mention that I've seen outright times that the game thought a 2v4 was fair, meaning the two individuals couldn't call back up.

generally when i get into a 1v2/2v3/2v4/etc situation it's because im facing more lower threat players

8 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

The issue with that is you're at a disadvantage just by sheer player count. What it should try to do is give the op 2 golds and give the other 4 silver teammates. This sometimes happens... but never consistently enough

finding 10+ people to make a perfectly even match is a tall order with the limited player pool

9 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

The interesting thing is you bring up how unbalanced it is being non-segregated... but you're forgetting barely anyone on Console is complaining about matchmaking based on skill. They're not segregated by threat either, that's the funny thing. The only thing making console people quit/complain is the lack of updates and cruddy optimization ( and maybe occasionally toxic players I guess, cause u know... APB community). There are many good console players out there too, it's not like they all suck.

i've honestly seen very little feedback from console players at all

also i imagine no segregation is an easier pill to swallow for consoles because A) they don't have visible threat levels, and B) they never had threat segregation to begin with so to them its normal

12 minutes ago, MeanBetsy said:

Even funnier is that no one in APB used to really care about what district others were in back when I first started. Sure they cared about being gold/silver but never complained about people being in the wrong district. I know I was never harassed for it the times I did it. This is only in a post e-sports era that this is even an issue - from what I am noticing anyway. The funny thing is, unless APB completely changes its weapon/progression system, it will never be fair.

"back in the day" there were several instances of each district so if you were getting curbstomped too hard in one you could always jump around (in fact i remember it being a pretty widespread practice to jump districts in an attempt to get easy opp, the old version of today's dethreaters), this is not the case currently especially on NA - whoever is in the district is who you're stuck on missions with

2 hours ago, Marionette said:

I've seen you few times in bronze district though

Key word, FEW no like i spend my life there or anything B)

2 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

Everyone knows him there

ye cuz they think i'm hacking :')

3 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

He plays in bronze district , Everyone knows him there , If u don't play in bronze district how can you tell ? ,I played against / With him many times .

Brother, I run missions with the lad almost every day.. Never in my existence has he been a rank lower than gold... 

19 hours ago, Solamente said:

because rank and playtime are not indicative of skill otherwise everyone with 1000 hours would be high gold, which is not the case

generally when i get into a 1v2/2v3/2v4/etc situation it's because im facing more lower threat players

finding 10+ people to make a perfectly even match is a tall order with the limited player pool

i've honestly seen very little feedback from console players at all

also i imagine no segregation is an easier pill to swallow for consoles because A) they don't have visible threat levels, and B) they never had threat segregation to begin with so to them its normal

"back in the day" there were several instances of each district so if you were getting curbstomped too hard in one you could always jump around (in fact i remember it being a pretty widespread practice to jump districts in an attempt to get easy opp, the old version of today's dethreaters), this is not the case currently especially on NA - whoever is in the district is who you're stuck on missions with

How does that, district hopping, compare to dethreaters? In other words, how was it even a terrible thing that was ruining matchmaking? Sure it's a P-Word move but I can't really see it as a damaging thing. Dethreaters, mal-intentioned or not, do. With non segregation at least people dont need to Dethreat and you know more of who you are up against.

And that's what I mean, it doesnt matter if theyre used to it... the fact is APB can easily do fine without threat segregation with Consoles as proof of that. You kind of just proved my point. If console players really felt as though it was missing or that it was completely screwed up, which they're very vocal within the game itself about its issues more than the forums, then I am pretty sure there'd be as much of an uproar about it as the poor optimization/performance. But as far as I can tell that isn't the case. It's only the hardcore PC crowd that really wants it to stay despite it needing more tiers to truly determine skill level... which cant happen because then there'd be more segregation between districts. 

Edit:

Imagine this - You just got the game, you're playing but you barely know jack about the game.

You're mechanically better than your teammates and then bam you're gold, now you can't play with your silver/bronze friends that like to play in bronze, if you leave the district. Should you try to join them, assuming you even know/remember how to do it, you get an error. You could say well just deal with it, but remember that most normal people play games to play with others. This is mainly why there aren't many new players. An even more close to home example would be that this is why I couldn't get my other friends to even touch the game past trainee.

On the other hand, in this new instance, the only thing they have to worry about is the opponents... and learning the game. The game is simply too small to have a tier/threat system, which isn't even that good to begin with - like I said, it would need more tiers, more players, and more competitive fairness. This is why what APB had to begin with was fine, the fact that you could go to any district regardless of what rank you were was good - this was with its issues though, despite the penalties you would get.

Threat-less, on the other hand, is even better because you can't pick your op, the matchmaking does. Threat district hopping is impossible and the purpose of dethreating is null. You're just playing. The. Game.

Edited by MeanBetsy

pretty sure we all know what this game is.

the idea is a true masterpiece, the execution is literally the worst it could've been.

I feel truly sorry for the potential it had.

I'll keep playing it until the player count drops to 0, because i want to believe that LO will get this game back up on it's feet again.

EDIT: to the person that upvoted this, you ruined my 69 community rep. i hope you're proud of yourself

Edited by SKOCHO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hansner said:

Key word, FEW no like i spend my life there or anything B)

ye cuz they think i'm hacking :')

you're always in bronze district, i see you there everyday what are you talking about

7 hours ago, SKOCHO said:

i want to believe that LO will get this game back up on it's feet again.

LO sold the Brand when theyr BR mode failed which was the main reason they bought the game and nobody can convince me in the oposite.On 1st blog may 2018 among the things they said gonna add to the game on 1st place was new mode.Check for urselfe.Also CEO said when they sold the brand that work on 4.0 is cancelled.No doubt dat will never happen(at least to me)So the future of this game is cleared idk how more clear they can say it.Next year till some point the game will run with new matchmaking,some new contacts and the 3.5 finally done but still nothing big will hapen and population will still be low.Eventually LO shuts down Reloaded or sells it

the idea is a true masterpiece, the execution is literally the worst it could've been.

thats true..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

Ah yes, call the golds tryhards and dismiss their opinion. Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean they're sweating their patootie off every time they play. It just means it comes easier to them to make fast and smart decisions than it does to you.

And I don't think you understand what fair means. Assuming you both have access to the same weapons, mods etc. the match is fair regardless of your threats. The fact that you're more likely to lose because you're bad, doesn't make it unfair.

Truly fair matchmaking would be based on rank, not threat.

• Thanks 1

No threat district is the best idea of APB since 2011. 

Finally no dethreaters around or goldies tryhard.

14 hours ago, Cuve said:

Brother, I run missions with the lad almost every day.. Never in my existence has he been a rank lower than gold... 

bruh he literally just said he’s been in bronze a few times you can stop trying so hard

6 hours ago, postalgril said:

you're always in bronze district, i see you there everyday what are you talking about

Haven't been in that district for ages but ok lel

3 hours ago, Uke said:

Ah yes, call the golds tryhards and dismiss their opinion. Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean they're sweating their patootie off every time they play. It just means it comes easier to them to make fast and smart decisions than it does to you.

And I don't think you understand what fair means. Assuming you both have access to the same weapons, mods etc. the match is fair regardless of your threats. The fact that you're more likely to lose because you're bad, doesn't make it unfair.

Truly fair matchmaking would be based on rank, not threat.

Cant talk more to you ~