DoesntExistAnyMore

No threats district

The game is bleeding population as we speak, and some of you still can't see beyond your ignorance.

Lo is obviously not helping, every update they make it only makes this game die faster, and some of you even support them for it.

At this point we are beyond reasoning with what's left about this game, most golds not to mention cheaters are brain segregated anyway, and the the most consistent reason for newbies to quit the game.

I don't think we are here only for your entertainment, we are here to have fun as well, and having one win every 10 rounds is not fun at all.

You keep bragging how much you love the game, yet the only thing you do about it its exploit every chance you get to psychically stomp and abuse everyone your path, forums included.

This small community of toxic players is beyond salvation, most of you are stuck in your endless bubble of righteousness, and its 2nd to the main reason of the near future end of this game.

3 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

In fact, the most enjoyable times I had with a game like early Overwatch, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. was when I was fighting a mixed bag of players... not just people on the same skill level. Overcoming the people who were better than me or just taking a some breather and stomping people - that was a nice appeal. This is why the old server selection in games like TF2 was interesting because you never knew who you were going to fight.

Uhh, no. That is not a fair comparison. 

You are comparing casual game modes, where players of any skill level are being mashed up, to APB's missions, which is APB's competitive game mode. Casual game modes are the casual games in CSGO, the non-ranked matches in OW or the Fightclub in APB. These modes feature players of any skill level, but also a higher player count. Competitive or ranked modes, however, include a matchmaking system because they are competitive.

Being carried or stomping on players just worse than you has nothing competitive about it, nor do you learn anything from it. There is a reason why in any competitive sport (e-sports included), there is some kind of "matchmaking" system, be it football leagues, racing leagues, or in our case, threat levels.

HOWEVER, in this particular and odd case, the matches got more enjoyable for me. I have played several hours now since the temporary change was made and went out victorious in about 40% to 50% of the time, which is a fair ratio. I have to admit here, it was either stomping or getting stomped. That is not how it should be, but the previous matchmaking system was worse. There, it was getting smashed only. Either way, a fix is really necessary, but reverting back to the old system is not an option imo.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

16 hours ago, Solamente said:

no idea why anyone thinks no segregation is better, and if you do you lose all rights to complain about matchmaking tbh

Dunno what u are even talking about... if matchmaking would work properly or if we still had 15 full districts populated than we wouldn't need segregation!? 

When did u join APB?  U already played back in the glory days? When there was no segregation!? When u had to reach gold 10 (!!!) for the "Kind of a big deal" achievement and not only reach gold 1 like now (not that i ever reached more than gold 2 back than 😁).

Why was it working and isn't working anymore?

Is it the game that changed so much? I dont think so!!! 

Is it the "gamers" nowadays?

Is it just the low population?

6 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

For those who dislike fighting golds, I hope you know the legit bronze people would like a word with you. In fact, they are probably very happy that they can have gold players on their team against silver players that would normally stomp them constantly.

How about Bronzes playing vs bronzes only? ,  , why a bronze should fight a silver or gold ,  Think about it ,

plus  we are not just looking for wining a mission , we wanna have fun and no fun when u get killed all the time , and your gold mate will carry u , thats a game for golds only , and we are  just some baits for the pros  x) 

A player who doesnt know how to shoot vs player who have been playing for  5+ years ,  something golds will never understand obviously 

Edited by KawaiiAlice
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, KawaiiAlice said:

How about Bronzes playing vs bronzes only? ,  , why a bronze should fight a silver or gold ,  Think about it ,

plus  we are not just looking for wining a mission , we wanna have fun and no fun when u get killed all the time , and your gold mate will carry u , thats a game for golds only , and we are  just some baits for the pros  x) 

A player who doesnt know how to shoot vs player who have been playing for  5+ years ,  something golds will never understand obviously 

there probably aren't enough bronze to play against bronze only but they should be low enough in skill to play with trainees.  Sadly I'm not sure there are enough bronze and trainees to have one district to themselves.

14 minutes ago, illgot said:

there probably aren't enough bronze to play against bronze only but they should be low enough in skill to play with trainees.  Sadly I'm not sure there are enough bronze and trainees to have one district to themselves.

There are many bronzes even high ranks  but the low ones just give up on the game because its too hard for them , ive seen many left apb cuz they had to face golds and i  can udnerstand their pain

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KawaiiAlice said:

There are many bronzes even high ranks  but the low ones just give up on the game because its too hard for them , ive seen many left apb cuz they had to face golds and i  can udnerstand their pain

right I 100% agree with you, they should be isolated from silvers and golds so they can learn and enjoy the game; thus retaining players versus playing against rank 255 silvers in the bronze district and quitting out of frustration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illgot said:

right I 100% agree with you, they should be isolated from silvers and golds so they can learn and enjoy the game; thus retaining players versus playing against rank 255 silvers in the bronze district and quitting out of frustration.

True ^.^

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Dunno what u are even talking about... if matchmaking would work properly or if we still had 15 full districts populated than we wouldn't need segregation!? 

matchmaking has never worked correctly and it will never work correctly as long as its limited to 80-100 players per instance

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

When did u join APB?  U already played back in the glory days? When there was no segregation!? When u had to reach gold 10 (!!!) for the "Kind of a big deal" achievement and not only reach gold 1 like now (not that i ever reached more than gold 2 back than 😁).

Why was it working and isn't working anymore?

Is it the game that changed so much? I dont think so!!! 

Is it the "gamers" nowadays?

Is it just the low population?

it wasn't working back then, i remember getting carried to high gold in a group of 4 and waiting for hours to get opp sometimes

back when we had pop and "15 full districts" you could jump around in the hopes of finding one with a more equal threat distribution, or another group of high threat golds

edit: occasionally higher threat players would get matched against significant numbers of low threat players as a sort of quantity vs quality thing, perhaps that should make a return if no segregation is made permanent 

Edited by Solamente

19 hours ago, Solamente said:

i finally did some solo missions today on jericho, i think i had about 4 missions (out of probably 20 i think?) where i didn't have to put on kid gloves to knock around silvers, bronzes, and even greens - of course those 4 missions were the ones where my team of silvers (and sometimes bronzes) were placed against other golds putting on kid gloves, so not really much better

i eventually just force closed the game when i got matched against 2 fresh r9 trainees who didn't even know what objectives were

no idea why anyone thinks no segregation is better, and if you do you lose all rights to complain about matchmaking tbh

No seg IS better, HOWEVER, there should be some sort of rank lock for "new accounts" (not new characters) to help newbies. Roughly Rank 50-85 would be fine.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No seg IS better

i wasn't getting matched up with and against bronzes on a regular basis with segregation, gonna disagree that it's better chief 

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i wasn't getting matched up with and against bronzes on a regular basis with segregation, gonna disagree that it's better chief 

See there's the difference, I simply just play, i don't play to curbstomp bronzes, so I play more laid back and have fun, even die intentionally doing funny stuff during those missions. If they have golds, i'll focus killing the gold and run around in circles around the bronze cause I can lol. I never liked segregation because it decreased opp pool drastically, which got worse recently. People say seg is good, but omit the fact that gold lock litterally killed 50% of the games pop over 3 months even current "seg" with silver is questionable due to population and only have 1 district. You can at least change districts now.

I'd say most of my matches aren't against bronzes, and I solo que generally, though I do get them here and there, I no longer see them getting Tk'd to death to get kicked which is a good thing.

Silvers and bronzes won't always have fun, especially now that they have to realize "oh shit, I have to aim and use better tactics now". Hell, I have yet to see most of these people even communicate in /t with directions of enemies, and that's a MASSIVE part of actually doing "anything".

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i don't play to curbstomp bronzes

i don't either

its not fun for me to babysit them and its not fun for me to stomp them, as far as im concerned as a gold player i should never see a bronze in a mission

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i don't either

its not fun for me to babysit them and its not fun for me to stomp them, as far as im concerned as a gold player i should never see a bronze in a mission

I see them even with seg, soooo good luck lol

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I see them even with seg, soooo good luck lol

there's a difference between the one or two bronzes who got accidentally shunted to the silver district and the 15-20 bronzes that join the only full server (on na at least)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

matchmaking has never worked correctly

Yea like someone said before

4 hours ago, HighSociety said:

if matchmaking would work properly

But matchmaking was meant to be:

even tl = even teams

(3 silver vs 3 silver)

higer tl/person, less ppl <vs> lower tl/person, more ppl...

(3 gold vs 2 gold 1 silver 1 bronce)

thats basically what it is doing right now.

or maybe i'm just wrong.

It is also not helping to segregate whatever...

new accounts from old ones, ranks, threatlevel, playtime ??

May i ask for the other ~10 guys i play apb with and against forever than?

I don't know but for me its okay to have more districts to join and i keep switching from silver to gold like i always did in the past. not much of a change for me tbh.

maybe thats why i can't see those problems.

Edit: well EUish pings again would be nice 😁

Edited by HighSociety

5 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

we are  just some baits for the pros  x) 

you can just learn from your mistakes and get good 🙂

9 minutes ago, Hansner said:

you can just learn from your mistakes and get good 🙂

As i said before , i dont wanna get good , id like to play as a silver , and we have threats in this game to separate  each type of player , why so hard for you to understand ? 

why dont you go play vs golds only  ? why do u kill silvers and bronzes  ? i always  see you playing in bronze district when you are a gold player  ,  did you learn from your mistakes and got good and started playing in silver district against your  threat x) ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No seg IS better, HOWEVER, there should be some sort of rank lock for "new accounts" (not new characters) to help newbies. Roughly Rank 50-85 would be fine.

85 would be perfect as most would have access to the basic level 3 mods.  If they would drop all the mods to rank 85 things would be a lot better for new players, we may even retain a few.

i like this change, finally i can play now without concerns of getting back to gold cuz now i know, regardless of my threat there will be an instance to join and play in low hours.

Thank you

well, i've now got 100 hours in no man's sky since there being no threat segregation 😛

wont reinstall until we're allowed to play without vsing full gold clans all the time again

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

The difference between a Bronze bordering Green and a Bronze bordering Silver is just as massive as between an average Silver and average Gold. That's why threat segregation as a concept doesn't work to begin with.

You will always have to deal with edge cases that don't fit into the system; but with threat segregation you introduce yet another hurdle for the matchmaking system which wouldn't exist otherwise.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KawaiiAlice said:

we have threats in this game to separate  each type of player , why so hard for you to understand ? 

This game has threatlevels for the matchmaking system (what never worked that good) NOT to segregate players...

Why is this so hard for u to understand? 

23 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

For those who dislike fighting golds, I hope you know the legit bronze people would like a word with you. In fact, they are probably very happy that they can have gold players on their team against silver players that would normally stomp them constantly. But we don't talk about that - despite the fact that this matchmaking method works in every other game. In fact, the most enjoyable times I had with a game like early Overwatch, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. was when I was fighting a mixed bag of players... not just people on the same skill level. Overcoming the people who were better than me or just taking a some breather and stomping people - that was a nice appeal. This is why the old server selection in games like TF2 was interesting because you never knew who you were going to fight.

When I started gaming online there was no matchmaking in the game I played. If I sucked I lost. But it was still fun, at least I could learn something from my opponent. When I owned someone it was nice to see that I got better.

Nowadays all that is lost thanks to matchmaking. In games like Overwatch there's no sense of progression at all, it feels like you're always playing against people on the same level and that no matter what you do, you're always gonna win 50% of the games. There's no advantage for being good in a game with matchmaking and there's no disadvantage for being bad. I don't think that's a good thing.

Edited by Uke