Selali

Upcoming Shotgun Balance Changes

15 minutes ago, HappyMandy said:

Upcoming sounds like soon™

I hope not.

Can we go back to set spread patterns for shotguns by any chance?

• Thanks 1

Shotguns seem quite good now but need better testing when EU servers come back to normal state

So far I like it however the Shredder still needs a little buff in my opinion 

18 hours ago, cheater said:

Great "nerf" guys :D, all you did was revert the changes back to the 2017 stats, yet again you guys put the community through some unnecessary bullshoot like you like to do :).

18 hours ago, Selali said:

After extensive community feedback, it was pretty clear that a vast majority thought that shotguns were more balanced back before we made our first round of changes in the summer of 2018.

A lot of us have been asking for this for a long time.

30 minutes ago, blockblack said:

You made CSG and TAS20 3 Shots to kill.. you Killed the weps man...

Did you even remotely look at the stats shown? 

I think with that we can finally close the chapter of LOs overambitious changes that went out of control fast.

Lessons learned and good solutions implemented to reach a satisfying consensus together on future projects without having to waste time/work on nothing.

Finally, we've waited for so long

I was waiting for ogre to finally have the same damage stats as nfas like it did before, it was so bad after the lo changes

Also on the spreadsheet below the topic, is it me or the spread values are off? It shows that jg and nfas ans ogre got the same spread, but that doesn't seem right, as far as i know the ogre has insane spread and nfas has rather large spread, but certainly not the same as jg

Edited by Ketog

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Finally, we've waited for so long

I was waiting for ogre to finally have the same damage stats as nfas like it did before, it was so bad after the lo changes

Also on the spreadsheet below the topic, is it me or the spread values are off? It shows that jg and nfas ans ogre got the same spread, but that doesn't seem right, as far as i know the ogre has insane spread and nfas has rather large spread, but certainly not the same as jg

The jg's max damage damage output is certainly wrong aswell since it used to deal 720 max damage pre LO not 792, with that much damage it remains to be  a pretty brain dead weapon (it's kinda hvr in close ranges).

Other than that I'm glad to see that the csg got reverted back to it's playable state.

23 hours ago, Selali said:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to briefly explain the next step in our progress of weapon balance. As most of you would agree, shotguns are not currently in a good place. They are too versatile, too forgiving, and overall just too powerful. When looking at the task of balancing shotguns, the hardest part is always finding a good place to begin where the category is already balanced relative to each other. After extensive community feedback, it was pretty clear that a vast majority thought that shotguns were more balanced back before we made our first round of changes in the summer of 2018.

One of the changes that was made was to introduce a way of scaling the damage of individual pellets so that each subsequent pellet that hit a target did less damage. I will quote from the original explanation on this change: “The amount of front-loaded damage varies based on shotguns, and provides shotguns more consistency, as you can partially hit a target and still do considerable damage.”

This worked too well. Shotguns are now super consistent damage and even glancing shots do a significant amount of damage. So, for this first set of stats, we are going to be reverting shotguns back to their pre Little Orbit stats. The stats should reflect how shotguns behaved and performed in 2017.

Please keep in mind that this is just a place to start and we have a long road ahead in terms of balancing shotguns. With the help of the community playing in the Prototype districts and providing feedback on the stats, you’ll help us bring balance to the Force… err shotguns.

The stats as they are going into the Prototype A district:

image.png

Thank you,

Selali

When were shotties too versatile? Due to them having pellets 95% of damage done isnt noticed by hitreg so you have to shoot over and over just to get a kill, sometimes requiring 5 shots under 10m to score said kill (when ttk says 2 should kill minimum). shotties are easily taken down by SMGs and lets not even get started on how broken the Nfas/true ogre is. Thats the gun you guys should be nerfing along with other auto shotties not the pump action shotties. The Nfas/true ogre dominates any close range battle and there is no counter except for another Nfas/true ogre turning any match into a spam fest and for those with not so great pcs a perf hit causing lagg which causes death.

Hello it's not fair what they are doing. I will give an example of thunder. which cost me a lot to get before killed with 3 shots now at 5 and do not die.
I feel wronged I want all the twine I spent on her back !!!!!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, 2contigo said:

Hello it's not fair what they are doing. I will give an example of thunder. which cost me a lot to get before killed with 3 shots now at 5 and do not die.
I feel wronged I want all the twine I spent on her back !!!!!!!!!!!

try not missing

edit:

i stand corrected, looks like the showstopper changes were pushed to normal districts

regardless, no one deserves a refund because their weapon was balanced 

Edited by Solamente

On 12/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, BlackJana said:

Wait...people said that shotguns are too versatile right now?

some people think the NFAS is too versatile.

8 hours ago, porcupine_omg said:

can we ip ban all the weebs who want the hvr changes reverted

I want hvr QSwitching and scout jumpshooting back... nothing was wrong with that only the crying loud minority! thats my opinion ban me for that 👌

• Thanks 1

the shotgun changes ruin the showstopper lol... ,maybe just keep the show stopper how it is and revert other shotguns.... actually the only prob i have is with the nfas honestly... why not just revert the nfas to how it used to be and leave all the other shotguns the same?

5 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

the shotgun changes ruin the showstopper lol... ,maybe just keep the show stopper how it is and revert other shotguns.... actually the only prob i have is with the nfas honestly... why not just revert the nfas to how it used to be and leave all the other shotguns the same?

10 hours ago, Selali said:

The problem was that the change to the damage was pushed to live but the change to the scaling damage per projectile is still there so its actually much weaker in non-prototype districts than it is in the test districts. It will be fixed in the next build to go live.

There's a problem with the NFAS and orge balancing, You increased the fire rate and reduced damage, that didn't nerf the weapon, it just made it more forgiving, I suggest you either remove NFAS completely from the game or Nerf it completely instead of just trying to make it have a better balancing as that weapon is too OP already...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

How long until they revert the changes, any bets?

Considering this is intended to be temporary in the first place, that's not much of a bet. They've already explained where they intend to take the shotguns next, and while I doubt it'll work as well as rayscaling did, it's still a fairly solid idea in theory.

Really though, they should just scrap this revert and instead take even the slightest effort to push some balance tweaks on the rayscaling. Could easily start by simply flattening the curve a bit on the shotguns that are overperforming.

That would require LO to actually think for themselves though, instead of just instantly scrapping all their work every other week to listen to people who don't even play the game anymore.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That would require LO to actually think for themselves though, instead of just instantly scrapping all their work every other week to listen to people who don't even play the game anymore.

Just as a heads-up, LO staff are listening to everyone with something to say. They read the forums, they play the game, and it matters to them what the player base says. Even when SPCT give opinions, that's all it is. Us giving input and LO then digests it along with both their first hand experience as well as the input from the wider community, and then they and they alone decide what to do.

I guess what Im saying is please take some time to test stuff when possible, and continue to give input here on the forums. Nothing about APB is written in stone, it can all be adjusted over time and the more we help the faster it will go.

what is hard damage mod

bring back apb db the new site looks ugly and is not accurate

why show stat changes if most people have 5 iq and cant do maths and u didnt even show TTK