Selali

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1185)

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 12/4/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for up to 4 hours.

Overview

·         Adding in the new Blood Moon clothing line to Armas. This bundle consists of 3 different Blood Moon designs; Dragon, Unicorn and Wolf. After feedback from the community, preset clothing line bundles will also include the Decals used to design them.

·         Adding in a first-round pass of Shotgun stats changes and a change to the NTEC5 and its variants to Prototype District A. There will be no Prototype District B for this initial period of feedback.

BloodMoonSet_Banner.jpg

Changes/Fixes

NTEC5 and its variants:

·         Increase the Shot Modifier Cap to 2.8

·         Increase the Jump Modifier from 12 to 30

Shotgun Changes:

For a deeper breakdown of the changes that are being made to shotguns, please follow the link below:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/12175-upcoming-shotgun-balance-changes/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

the ntec shot modifier cap is yet another moronic change you guys decided to add, yet another change you guys will revert in about 2 to 3 weeks.

The only nerf that was needed is the jump leaning, nothing else.

Edited by cheater
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NTEC5 and its variants:

lol...?

5 minutes ago, cheater said:

the ntec shot modifier cap is yet another moronic change you guys decided to add

You do realise this affects holding down M1, which if you're reaching the shot modifier cap, you're using the gun wrong chief

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Dear Selali & LO, thanks for the heads up

Regarding shotgun stat changes. With reference to the supplied link and I quote:

- "After extensive community feedback, it was pretty clear that a vast majority thought that shotguns were more balanced back before we made our first round of changes in the summer of 2018".

- "So, for this first set of stats, we are going to be reverting shotguns back to their pre Little Orbit stats. The stats should reflect how shotguns behaved and performed in 2017".

Since both LO and Players are already in agreement for shotguns and wish to go back in time to start fresh from there. Is there any chance of immediately pushing shotgun changes to live rather than test district A? This test would be redundant and you will end up receiving the exact same feedback.

P.S: The current nfas being busted needs to go away immediately. We don't need to say good-bye to current nfas for another week or two. It already overstayed its presence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selali said:

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 12/4/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for up to 4 hours.

Overview

·         Adding in the new Blood Moon clothing line to Armas. This bundle consists of 3 different Blood Moon designs; Dragon, Unicorn and Wolf. After feedback from the community, preset clothing line bundles will also include the Decals used to design them.

·         Adding in a first-round pass of Shotgun stats changes and a change to the NTEC5 and its variants to Prototype District A. There will be no Prototype District B for this initial period of feedback.

BloodMoonSet_Banner.jpg

Changes/Fixes

NTEC5 and its variants:

Shotgun Changes:

For a deeper breakdown of the changes that are being made to shotguns, please follow the link below:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/12175-upcoming-shotgun-balance-changes/

Wasn't expecting something on the ARMAS honestly, i would prefer some bug fixes, but i do understand that you guys keep add new stuff to it for the community, i can finally buy something.

Ah, and i also bought some merch from Redbubble, im honorated for that, really.

I want to see what's next but is not possible.

Impressed about those first changes to the shotguns and the ntec, let's see tomorrow.

Thank you Selali!

PS Agree with Lily Rain

Edited by Guest

Yet another set of weird N-TEC changes that aren't thought through. (On paper, will check out nontheless)

It doesn't need fire rate changes. If you want to slow it down, give it slower accuracy recovery so you can't spam it as fast on range. That's (in my opinion) it's core problem.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

It doesn't need fire rate changes. If you want to slow it down, give it slower accuracy recovery so you can't spam it as fast on range. That's (in my opinion) it's core problem.

Shot modifier cap is max bloom, not rate of fire.

Edited by Frosi

41 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Since both LO and Players are already in agreement for shotguns and wish to go back in time to start fresh from there. Is there any chance of immediately pushing shotgun changes to live rather than test district A? This test would be redundant and you will end up receiving the exact same feedback.

We are going to go through the paces and make sure that the change we make is correct for the game. It has been a long time and while they might be more balanced based on memory, we dont know how they are balanced related to the changed versions of the guns that we have made changes on subsequently. These changes need to be tested in the current iteration of the game to see if that balance is still there or if there need to be tweaks. There is also a chance that because of some of the balance we have done, these stats wont be as balanced as people remember. I know that we want to make changes quickly but I would rather do the due diligence than rush out something that might or might not fix the problem. 

• Like 8

Unnecessary N-TEC nerf inbound. Cater to the silvers with ATACs and Remote det.

Good on the shotgun changes at least, still a lot better than what we currently have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Selali said:

We are going to go through the paces and make sure that the change we make is correct for the game. It has been a long time and while they might be more balanced based on memory, we dont know how they are balanced related to the changed versions of the guns that we have made changes on subsequently. These changes need to be tested in the current iteration of the game to see if that balance is still there or if there need to be tweaks. There is also a chance that because of some of the balance we have done, these stats wont be as balanced as people remember. I know that we want to make changes quickly but I would rather do the due diligence than rush out something that might or might not fix the problem. 

Any change from your sweet-hands is correct and appreciated by default 🥰❤️ 

I see where you are coming from though. Thanks for clarifying

14 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Unnecessary N-TEC nerf inbound. Cater to the silvers with ATACs and Remote det.

Good on the shotgun changes at least, still a lot better than what we currently have.

just cos u can get ntec magazines to spawn in ur bathroom doesnt mean everyone else can u absolute weapon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Selali said:

Nice one, i got it, thanks again Selali.

43 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Shot modifier cap is max bloom, not rate of fire.

Right, my bad.

Still a change that is entirely unnecessary and doesn't tackle any of its problems.

• Like 1

Honestly, assuming each pack is a dollar, like the past preset bundles were, and we not only get the clothes but the decals too, I'm... Pretty happy to keep buying them.

3 dollars for cool preset clothes and 3 new sets of decals? 

I like it

Also, is there any chance we'll get a Little Orbiter clothing pack? Or maybe some decals of her

She's adorable. 

flat,750x1000,075,t.u4.jpg

• Like 2

And its variants....which are?

Edited by Danimal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

Will the Ntec5 changes affect the CR5 as well? Just saying...incoming CR5 meta.

"Will the changes to the weapon affect the weapon?"

Just now, poptartzzz said:

"Will the changes to the weapon affect the weapon?"

Considering what is capable of happening in the game, its kind of a valid question.  It sounds stupid but once you've seen some shit, don't sound so stupid no more.

18 minutes ago, Danimal said:

And its variants....which are?

VAS R2 Sword and Joker CR-5 are the N-Tec 5 reskins

• Thanks 1

having trouble getting excited about more preset clothing tbh, altho at least this time the preset symbols are included separately and from the preview these look like actual outfits instead of the same preset symbol slapped onto 5 random clothing items

Mmmmm the tears of the NTEC (Crutch) mains 

They are....delicious.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Cater to the silvers with ATACs and Remote det.

The only people i see use remote detonator n a regular basis in the bronze district , would be the golds who detrheat and/or the 255's who are over powered compared to others there and want easy kills.

The rest of the silvers just kiss kiss bang bang like the rest there in that district.

13 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Mmmmm the tears of the NTEC (Crutch) mains 

They are....delicious.....

I hope this balance adjustment is good for it. Lets go find out shall we

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

Yet another set of weird N-TEC changes that aren't thought through. (On paper, will check out nontheless)

Firerate would put it closer to STAR (which is .05 away from NTEC), however the biggest NTEC issues IS the bloom recovery. I think they are worried that touching it may "over gimp" the weapon, honestly though, they could nerf it to 4.0 rather than 3 (star and far are at 3.5) and it likely would be in a much better state than currently. Jump shooting is a "decent" change, however if they are wanting to remove jump shooting from NTEC, they may as well look at the S1-NA as well (its jump shooting is much more potent).

Most people don't bother hitting max bloom to begin with unless in CQC where it barely matters. So the max bloom change is meh, and the ammo decrease is meh, and jump shooting is kinda meeeeh because none of them actually change the gun where it's "needed".

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1