LAPDAlonso

Reporting hackers w/ Video, Questions

wait there are still people that are not gold? u guys have no monitor? you can tape your banana to your mouse and get gold cmon guys

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

You're right, achieving and maintaining gold threat is quite easy (e.g. Xanodia you've mentioned, or going from a trainee to gold without kills) in case someone has a decent computer, latency and aim. However, someone who doesn't have some of mentioned prerequisites or any of those, alternatively they are not gold because they simply do not try enough or they dethreat, with enough time spent in the game should be able to spot a cheater, moreover those blatant ones. Regardless of their threat. The whole discussion started with the statement "Aside you are a silver player .." in manner "How can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver player?", and I argued someone's experience is way more important than someone's threat when making such judgements.  

You gave me a good prelude, following that threat logic would imply being gold makes one relevant enough to to distinguish a really good player from a really good cheater, yet you have people getting gold after an hour of playing, not even knowing how to equip their character modification. I doubt they would be able to tell who's cheating or not. Sadly, it could be difficult even for experienced players to be 100% positive regarding someone's legitimacy, given how skillfully they can hide it.

Experience is what makes people learn. If they haven't even learned on how to get out of silver how much is their experience worth?

Threat level is more than just aim hence it's named threat and not aim level which includes all different skills (e.g. game-knowledge etc.) into one estimate.

Sure some have more aim than brain and for others it's the opposite and somewhere inbetween.

But why should someone trust an opinion of someone who is clearly lacking in some of those departments (hardware issues and the like being the exception)?

Also assuming someone has really weak mechanical abilities but is very understanding of the game how far can he possibly understand gunplay if he cannot utilize aim to the fullest?

Skills can't simply be separated into aim/tactic/map because they influence each other.

The prelude is, as you have nicely explained, that even some of the gold players aren't worth listening to.

However your conclusion is wrong since in turn that doesn't validate silvers - it pushes them further down!

Edited by TheJellyGoo

6 hours ago, Bambola said:

Slightly off-topic...

Someone's threat level has absolutely nothing to do with their game knowledge. I know there are some who'd like to present it as rocket science but in reality, it's quite simple - the only difference between a bronze, silver or a gold player who has, for example, 1000 hours in the game is their aiming/tracking skill, the main attributes qualifying a player to coherently discuss game relevant things is their experience, and well, intelligence. That's exactly why I find arguments like "silvers can't discuss weapon balancing" or "how can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver" quite hare-brained. 

This kind of groundless elitism where disregarding someone's opinion just based on their threat level is justified should come to an end, once and for all.

Unfortunately this kind of behavior wont stop unless LO takes a stand and starts policing the community, too many ppl around here are toxic and generally dont care.

Say whatever you want, tiggs listened to silvers her entire time she was in charge and look where that got all of us lolol

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Unfortunately this kind of behavior wont stop unless LO takes a stand and starts policing the community, too many ppl around here are toxic and generally dont care.

the problem with that logic is witch hunts cause toxicity and when certain people have a reputation for hackusating anyone under the sun , it feeds into that toxicity as well to create a witch hunt.

a never ending cycle.

10 hours ago, Bambola said:

Slightly off-topic...

Someone's threat level has absolutely nothing to do with their game knowledge. I know there are some who'd like to present it as rocket science but in reality, it's quite simple - the only difference between a bronze, silver or a gold player who has, for example, 1000 hours in the game is their aiming/tracking skill, the main attributes qualifying a player to coherently discuss game relevant things is their experience, and well, intelligence. That's exactly why I find arguments like "silvers can't discuss weapon balancing" or "how can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver" quite hare-brained. 

This kind of groundless elitism where disregarding someone's opinion just based on their threat level is justified should come to an end, once and for all.

Amen, there's the real issue right there.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:27 AM, Solamente said:

because chances are if someone doesn't know enough about apb to get gold they also probably don't know enough to reliably judge who is cheating

to be fair, I had been silver for the longest time years and years ago and every single player (except like maybe 10 of the dozens upon dozens) have been banned for cheating by now... Silvers can spot cheaters, however they can be unreliable at it at times. But "gold players" will often ignore if a player is cheating thinking that "they are just good"

Merged.

15 hours ago, Bambola said:

You're right, achieving and maintaining gold threat is quite easy (e.g. Xanodia you've mentioned, or going from a trainee to gold without kills) in case someone has a decent computer, latency and aim. However, someone who doesn't have some of mentioned prerequisites or any of those, alternatively they are not gold because they simply do not try enough or they dethreat, with enough time spent in the game should be able to spot a cheater, moreover those blatant ones. Regardless of their threat. The whole discussion started with the statement "Aside you are a silver player .." in manner "How can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver player?", and I argued someone's experience is way more important than someone's threat when making such judgements.  

You gave me a good prelude, following that threat logic would imply being gold makes one relevant enough to to distinguish a really good player from a really good cheater, yet you have people getting gold after an hour of playing, not even knowing how to equip their character modification. I doubt they would be able to tell who's cheating or not. Sadly, it could be difficult even for experienced players to be 100% positive regarding someone's legitimacy, given how skillfully they can hide it.

There's been a lot of people over the years banned for cheating, who had dozens of people calling them legit. But "i was just a shitty noob what did I know". I'm not saying every silver or gold can tell, or is good at telling whos cheating or not. Generally there ARE some "tests" you and a group can do to identify if someone is at least "walling". Aimbot can be trickier since most don't 360 shawcopter anymore, you're faaar more likely to see a trigger bot or macro than an aimbot or esp now.

I'm a perennial silver player (due to playing on a laptop with a touchpad) and played this game way too much.. Someone that has played long enough can spot a cheater or someone playing that is pretty close to cheating.

My favorite cheaters in the past were the guys that were running faster than the cars.. I laughed for hours on end watching them.. wish there was video captured.

17 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Say whatever you want, tiggs listened to silvers her entire time she was in charge and look where that got all of us lolol

Tiggs was a CM and then a Game Director. But she had nothing to do with the failure of Engine Update or APB because everything was coming from Techmech

But she was doing much better job than LO when it comes to taking out the  trash. Hence why the game is infested by emo kiddies dressed in black and cheating all day without repercussions.

Now, she wasn't exactly professional but unlike current CM, I haven't seen Tiggs in twitch chat using the word "bruh" when referring to others. Not to mention other things...

im from EU still

But why wouldn't you be allowed to send a video recording, anything that helps should be welcome, in theory. 

6 hours ago, Sayori said:

But she was doing much better job than LO when it comes to taking out the  trash.

like using ff to ban people for random reasons and then flat out lying that all ff bans were for cheating?

ecksdee

19 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

the problem with that logic is witch hunts cause toxicity and when certain people have a reputation for hackusating anyone under the sun , it feeds into that toxicity as well to create a witch hunt.

a never ending cycle.

If the community is policed then this stuff ends cause ppl will actually be held responsible. Not sure how that continues the cycle.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If the community is policed then this stuff ends cause ppl will actually be held responsible. Not sure how that continues the cycle.

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

like using ff to ban people for random reasons and then flat out lying that all ff bans were for cheating?

ecksdee

thats already been posted by Solamente.

Witch hunts do not benefit us.

It's actually pretty obvious how to handle this, stop seeking attention OP and reporting bottom of the barrel players, as you used to do. Does nothing but waste support staffs time.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, Sentaii said:

Interesting.
How can you see they use an aimbot?
Aside you are a silver player ..

I have seen people hard lock on players or even snap between different players every time they take damage.  One guy was hanging out of a car window and snapping between at the 3 of us before he died.  It was obvious he was using an aimbot programmed to automatically lock on the last person to do damage to him.

You can also tell people are using hard locks when their aim perfectly follows their target through walls.  The death cam though extremely short and only available from your point of death has been a great way to spot obvious cheaters.

5 hours ago, illgot said:

I have seen people hard lock on players or even snap between different players every time they take damage.  One guy was hanging out of a car window and snapping between at the 3 of us before he died.  It was obvious he was using an aimbot programmed to automatically lock on the last person to do damage to him.

You can also tell people are using hard locks when their aim perfectly follows their target through walls.  The death cam though extremely short and only available from your point of death has been a great way to spot obvious cheaters.

Snapping is something a lot of veterans can do as well, very well. Without it being tool assisted.

Read the following from back in 2011:

https://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2011/09/entering-open-beta-home-stretch-part-i.html

at "Issue (2): Cheaters - and the Perception of Cheaters"

Still very relevant today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Snapping is something a lot of veterans can do as well, very well. Without it being tool assisted.

Read the following from back in 2011:

https://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2011/09/entering-open-beta-home-stretch-part-i.html

at "Issue (2): Cheaters - and the Perception of Cheaters"

Still very relevant today.

You don't instantly snap between 3 players in less than a second and return fire every time you are tagged.  No human swaps targets that fast with perfect precision.  He didn't kill anyone because he kept snapping back and forth between the 3 of us.

How can a question about reporting escalate to a new cheater discussion that quick? 

I'd suggest to close this... as OP got his answer to open a ticket and add his video there ✌

On 12/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, Bambola said:

Slightly off-topic...

The only difference between a bronze and a high tier gold is aiming? What? Regardless, I'm not for silencing people based on their threat, so lets just leave that point aside.

If aim was the only difference we'd have newer players who blatantly cheat dominate everyone and yet high level golds can easily defeat them. Different threats move around the map in different ways, their split second decision making skill is completely different too. There's so many more nuances to this, as with anything skill involved, but lets keep it short. You can't just cramp it down to one deciding factor. There are people who do not aim like the top and yet they can compete with the top because they got ahead in other areas.

Elitism doesn't get us anywhere but we do need to acknowledge that higher tier players are capable of things that lower tier ones aren't. When it comes to detecting cheaters, the odds are that the higher tier player will notice things that others didn't. Whether this means he's right more often is debatable, but disregarding tier differences is just as pointless as making them the end all be all. Every perspective needs to be considered within its context if you want a discussion that yields something.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1