LAPDAlonso

Reporting hackers w/ Video, Questions

Quick question, are EU in NA server? Ping over there 8ms ATM

Also, does L.O. Staff (GM/CM) still allow videos to be sent in? Just caught 2 cheaters in EU using aimbot a few mins ago, Wanted to send in a video, do i it when sending in a game report or by email?

Because i am back playing, might as well get back reporting these people when i catch them or my clan does.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Interesting.
How can you see they use an aimbot?
Aside you are a silver player ..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Interesting.

What does being a silver player have to do with to see if someone is cheating?  Its not hard to see if someone is cheating, its very easy. Even more easy for me depending on what gun they use. I'm a GM / CM for other MMO's for the past 8 years, besides having the experience, you learn over the years about player "moments", hit detection, aim detection, snapping, awkward movements, slight faster speed after a kill, marcos, no mods and having perfect hits, secondary side weapon moments and hit points, new recruits at low level in a clan ( nothing to do with being a re-roll, they use that as an excuse ), never missing.

The player i caught cheating in EU, is one example, soon as i caught him cheating and say i reported him, he logs off. That's another clear sign that someone is trying out cheats, besides the fact that he turns like a robot full 360 from one player to me and kills me.  Its not hard to see it.

Edited by LAPDAlonso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure what you're saying here bud

32 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

What does threat have anything to do with the question? Theres no need to threat shame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, Boxo said:

Not sure what you're saying here bud

um I am asking can we send in videos about cheaters, and is the eu server in NA?

The servers are currently in the Atlantic ocean, at least thats the only explanation i can think of. 

1 minute ago, poptartzzz said:

The servers are currently in the Atlantic ocean, at least thats the only explanation i can think of. 

Yea because my ping is around 5ms and 10ms. Real smooth.

the eu servers are currently spun up in our new york servers while we are working to get the eu servers fully sorted out.

they were stuck in customs, as mentioned by matt previously.

once those servers are all sorted out we will be bringing citadel back to the eu servers and then jericho should have both of the na locations available.

video evidence can always be sent in, preferably via the support reports.

keep in mind that any evidence needs to be verified and fully investigated for actions to possibly be taken based on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

the eu servers are currently spun up in our new york servers while we are working to get the eu servers fully sorted out.

once those servers are all sorted out we will be bringing citadel back to the eu servers and then jericho should have both of the na locations available.

keep in mind that any evidence needs to be verified and fully investigated for actions to possibly be taken based on it.

Alright thank you for the info. 🙂 I probably get enough videos and send them next time, no rush. P.S. Please release the engine upgrade Christmas day 😉

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

What does threat have anything to do with the question? Theres no need to threat shame.

because chances are if someone doesn't know enough about apb to get gold they also probably don't know enough to reliably judge who is cheating

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

it most likely wasn't meant to threat shame , but meant that its alonzo whos saying it.

42 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

[...]

Careful meeting the coworker whose duty it will be of reviewing the flood of "video evidence" that is coming. He will know who opened the gates. :classic_ninja:

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

it most likely wasn't meant to threat shame , but meant that its alonzo whos saying it.

Threat shaming is threat shaming no matter who it is

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Threat shaming is threat shaming no matter who it is

not when it is discussing the person and their reputation as well as they haven't grown since then to leave the falsehood behind.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

not when it is discussing the person and their reputation as well as they haven't grown since then to leave the falsehood behind.

If thats how you view it

1 hour ago, ComFeyer said:

Where is Jericho located right now? 

9 hours ago, Sentaii said:

Interesting.

why do I feel you're a silver player?

9 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

What does being a silver player have to do with to see if someone is cheating?  Its not hard to see if someone is cheating, its very easy. Even more easy for me depending on what gun they use. I'm a GM / CM for other MMO's for the past 8 years, besides having the experience, you learn over the years about player "moments", hit detection, aim detection, snapping, awkward movements, slight faster speed after a kill, marcos, no mods and having perfect hits, secondary side weapon moments and hit points, new recruits at low level in a clan ( nothing to do with being a re-roll, they use that as an excuse ), never missing.

The player i caught cheating in EU, is one example, soon as i caught him cheating and say i reported him, he logs off. That's another clear sign that someone is trying out cheats, besides the fact that he turns like a robot full 360 from one player to me and kills me.  Its not hard to see it.

the problem is that Apb is third person so its hard to check if someone is closeting or not unless you can see his monitor.

16 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Nothing of course. It's the same old bs cheaters and cheater defenders spew in attempts to discredit someone when they speak up.

One doesn't need to be Messi in order to be football referee. Or...you can know APB/shooters in and out but suck mechanically.

• Thanks 1

Slightly off-topic...

16 hours ago, Sentaii said:

Interesting.

Someone's threat level has absolutely nothing to do with their game knowledge. I know there are some who'd like to present it as rocket science but in reality, it's quite simple - the only difference between a bronze, silver or a gold player who has, for example, 1000 hours in the game is their aiming/tracking skill, the main attributes qualifying a player to coherently discuss game relevant things is their experience, and well, intelligence. That's exactly why I find arguments like "silvers can't discuss weapon balancing" or "how can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver" quite hare-brained. 

This kind of groundless elitism where disregarding someone's opinion just based on their threat level is justified should come to an end, once and for all.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ComFeyer said:

@ComFeyer aiaia Senior GM. You're to old for this! 😉

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

the only difference between a bronze, silver or a gold player who has, for example, 1000 hours in the game is their aiming/tracking skill

considering a player can achieve gold without ever firing a shot, aiming skill may be helpful but it’s definitely not necessary 

and even if it was, there used to be a player who maintained gold threat with no hands - if the average silver can’t outperform a legitimately handicapped player then how can they recognize the difference between a really good player and a really good cheater?

18 hours ago, ComFeyer said:

Is a video actually enough to ban a player only because he is good at the game? You cant see anything in the video. That would be next level bullshoot.
Snapping doesnt mean shit, knowing where the enemies will come from is knowledge and hitting people popping out of a corner immediately is reaction/skill.
I hope you answer such emails with a "Ty" and delete them afterwards.

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

considering a player can achieve gold without ever firing a shot, aiming skill may be helpful but it’s definitely not necessary 

and even if it was, there used to be a player who maintained gold threat with no hands - if the average silver can’t outperform a legitimately handicapped player then how can they recognize the difference between a really good player and a really good cheater?

You're right, achieving and maintaining gold threat is quite easy (e.g. Xanodia you've mentioned, or going from a trainee to gold without kills) in case someone has a decent computer, latency and aim. However, someone who doesn't have some of mentioned prerequisites or any of those, alternatively they are not gold because they simply do not try enough or they dethreat, with enough time spent in the game should be able to spot a cheater, moreover those blatant ones. Regardless of their threat. The whole discussion started with the statement "Aside you are a silver player .." in manner "How can you tell someone's cheating if you're a silver player?", and I argued someone's experience is way more important than someone's threat when making such judgements.  

You gave me a good prelude, following that threat logic would imply being gold makes one relevant enough to to distinguish a really good player from a really good cheater, yet you have people getting gold after an hour of playing, not even knowing how to equip their character modification. I doubt they would be able to tell who's cheating or not. Sadly, it could be difficult even for experienced players to be 100% positive regarding someone's legitimacy, given how skillfully they can hide it.