FriendlyFiar

Gamersfirst vs Little Orbit

1 hour ago, Blackace-RD said:

And i agreed with yours

well I disagree with your disagreeing with my disagreement

3 hours ago, Lign said:

Asking someone to do it better is the worst and the dumbest argument I have ever seen. By that logic you can’t criticize anything in the world if you’re unable to do it better by yourself.

So what you're saying is you can't do better - and when you can't, you call the argument that you're unable to do better completely dumb and a 'worse argument'.

ok boomer

personally i think LO are doing a good job, considering the circumstances and the state they adopted the game in. i complain about some things sometimes, like their decision to put servers up without segregation i think was a major mistake from a new player retention standpoint.

but when you step back and look at the bigger picture, we are really lucky that LO took over. 

you've listed a bunch of arbitrary nonsense of "g1 vs little orbit" but left out a few little facts.

here's some differences between g1 and LO

-we actually have DEVELOPERS now. g1 fired all of theirs! hence stagnation.

-LO tells the truth. g1 kept talking about engine upgrade, when LO took over, i remember one of matt's first posts admitting g1 literally had never even started the engine upgrade. 

-LO communicates. i can't even remember one time g1 ever communicated, i only caught the tail-end of hte g1 era so i dont know how they were before but i'd never seen a gm, or announcements, or news

-LO has in-game gm's, showing they care about the game. as above, i never once saw a gm under g1

-LO is spending money and investing in the game. you have to spend money to make money, LO is taking a chance on us and this game and investing in it financially. g1 never.

-LO is designing and creating new clothes and stuff. 

LO makes mistakes, but the real difference between olde g1 and LO is LO actually cares and wants to rectify them and improve. 

LO is doing a great job and most of us are very grateful for them, and we should count ourselves lucky it was LO that took over and not another company. because LO actually seem determined to make it won't, and don't seem like the types to just give up or buckle under stress.

6 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

The only bad decision I can say they made was to make RIOT a crappy BR, thinking that Battle Royale was the key of success no matter what, ignoring how many other games tried making BRs and failed.
if RIOT had been a Turf Wars game mode, everything would have been different. Since it fits the game lore way more. (War mode similar to Planetside 2, having to fight for the control of Areas of the city.)

Plnaetside 2 or even Frontlines Fuel of War which had an awesome and unique gameplay by capturing points in the front line of battle, providing a push back and forth dynamic making team cohesion mandatory.

Going on topic, I believe there are more technical elements to compare than what could be considered a subjective opinion although some points might be valid where many others might need a more detailed treatment.

27 minutes ago, postalgril said:

-we actually have DEVELOPERS now. g1 fired all of theirs! hence stagnation.

we have basically same devs we had under g1, iirc it was stated when orbit took over that they were rolling a majority of current g1 devs over into orbit

Well imo besides the time wasted on RIOT, LO is doing pretty good,  in fact much better than G1.

All these rant posts which appears like mushrooms after rain since the network changes, just shows how immature some of the players are.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game too and probably spent on it more than the wast majority of player and while i also regret that we have to deal with these shutdowns, id rather accept it and not play the game for few days and not playing it at all... cuz if it wasn't for LO, i'm not sure if we'd still be around. Thank you

No offence intended, just my opinion. Peace! (sorry for my english)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FriendlyFiar said:

What does LO first thinks of doing when taking over the game? Oh that’s right! Nerfing mods and weapons!

considering it is clearly a core aspect of any shooter game then yeah of course its a priority.....duh

2.       Buggy events/game modes + lack of testing

since when did any event in the history of APB NOT have bugs?

If there is one time by all means SOMEONE say when please because I can not think of anytime there wasn't.

3.       Lazy and stupid weapon design

Do you have anything better? Any ideas on what can be added to APB without completely breaking the game?

the “Thunder” is just a JMB version of that

nothing wrong with making people have an alt available for those who don't buy jmb's.

especially since that would be considered predatory otherwise.

The game has been down this month alone more than Gamersfirst would put it down in a year,

oh bullshoot I was here for that. G1 had servers go down weekly at times.

And that's if it wasn't a packet loss lag fest literally 24/7.

ROFL wow really?

Is Little Orbit perfect?  of course not they're human like the rest of us.

they openly said fro the start they are a smaller company and this is new for them.

Mistakes WILL  be made because  people are human

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Is Little Orbit perfect?  of course not they're human like the rest of us.

they openly said fro the start they are a smaller company and this is new for them.

Mistakes WILL  be made because  people are human

Heck yeah even big companies make big mistakes too,thats normal, LO accepts their errors and try their best to make our experience better.

except riot tho,but its fine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FriendlyFiar said:

Sadly I cannot do that as some low life discord mod decided to ban me for expressing my opinion.

I just want to clear up that you were not banned for expressing your opinion. The server is all about expressing your opinion.
You were banned, the first time (by another mod), for harassment (against multiple patrons), using racial slurs, and threatening to repeatedly harass the server if moderation is used against you.
You were banned, the second time (by me), for ban evading after you held true to your promise to return to the server after you were banned the first time.

Moving on,
Most of your points just make it seem like you haven't really played the game, or are just purposely trying to spread misinformation.

• In comparison to every other weapon in the game (not talking about balancing issues), I don't see any problems with the ones released by LO.
  • Sure, LO has had some mistakes with some things (as seen by a majority of the players) but none of it is something I would call as being "worse than the G1 days."
  • The downtime this month is laughably ignorable in comparison to the previous G1 days.
  • On the issue of bugs, bad implementations, etc. all I have seen of LO is that they try to push fixes or completely pullback things ASAP when/if it is needed. Something that was almost never done by G1 in the past.

I'd say (obviously this is my own opinion) that the only time G1 could be looked at and seen as being fairly decent would be the first couple of years (2011-2013, maybe 2014). Eventually, everything just went to hell and the only thing I would count as decent are the JMBs released (even some of those had problems for a long time before getting fixed).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackace-RD said:

except riot tho,but its fine.

I liked what I seen from the vids.  its an alpha/beta. its not for everyone.

22 hours ago, FriendlyFiar said:

Sadly I cannot do that as some low life discord mod decided to ban me for expressing my opinion.

MattScott doesn't post in the announcement section of the APB discord anyway.

So we still don't know where you get your information from.

15 hours ago, Sophiie said:

So what you're saying is you can't do better - and when you can't, you call the argument that you're unable to do better completely dumb and a 'worse argument'.

ok boomer

What have I just read? the point was that asking someone to do something better if he criticizes it is the dumbest argument. By that logic regular people are not allowed to review all movies saying it’s good or bad because they are not attributed to cinematograph(not producers, scenarists or actors) and obviously can’t make a better movie

Edited by Lign

I prefer LO tbh. Atleast theyre trying and the game isnt shut down.

G1 was just a fucking joke.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Lign said:

What have I just read? the point was that asking someone to do something better if he criticizes it is the dumbest argument. By that logic regular people are not allowed to review all movies saying it’s good or bad because they are not attributed to cinematograph(not producers, scenarists or actors) and obviously can’t make a better movie

go review a movie then and stop posting dumb arguments on these forums

LO still needs to figure out how to bring the players back. 

Combat arms recently gave out "$100" worth of permanent items to players in hopes of having them return.  

Just a Idea but seriously...LO is doing well!

They already released compensation for innova players in amount of 5000 g1c, 12 million dollars worth as I know. I don't sure if they can handle more "gifts" like that. Anyway, I don't think stuff like that is what APB players needed. First of all, optimized game, second - matchmaking. After these two things done, there's time to talk about other important stuff.

• Like 1

you forgot to mention that when they changed how Improved Rifling increases range... they NERFed the range on ALL marksman weapons to compensate for their bad change on Improved Rifling... THEY REVERTED the bad IR change but never reverted the range nerf on MARKSMAN guns.

They did this AGAIN when they changed the stats on the OCA EW-626 SMG but forgot to change the silenced variants (which to me is actually cool cause now it makes the silenced versions alot different then the slotted versions) but still it just goes to show you that they dont care about how they go about changing weapons.

nothing wrong with sharing some frustration with LO. they are a small company with BIG ideas. makes execution tough/slow.

nothing wrong with supporting LO. they are a small company with BIG ideas. good to understand execution can be tough/slow.

customer service does need love

community needs a bit of a spanking and leadership as it's left to "self-moderate" most of the time

• Like 1

Oh look, another one of these. Thank you.

ITT: preteen with an overabundance of free time complains loudly on public forum to the surprise of literally everyone, apparently.

8 hours ago, _chain said:

Oh look, another one of these. Thank you.

I was thinking that as well.

It seems like even though we get warnings in advance certain people lash out comparing G1 to Little Orbit.

G1 had plenty of opportunity to not make APB the mess it is that Little Orbit is cleaning up.