Sign in to follow this  
Ai-Zhú

Discussion on the NFAS-12 'True Ogre'

Vote  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Does the NFAS-12 'True Ogre' need to be nerfed?

• Yes, it's overpowered (Nerf)
    • Yes, it's just a bit too strong (Small Nerf)
    • It just needs adjustments as it is too strong in one aspect, but lacks the power elsewhere (Adjustments)
    • No, it is balanced right now (Nothing)
    • No, it rather deserves a buff (Buff)

Hi,

I want to open up a discussion on the NFAS 'True Ogre'. This variant features the Double-Drum Mag:

• +200% magazine size
  • +100% stored ammo
  • +31% fire rate
  • +60% reload time
  • adds a 0.59s delay before firing
  • moderately increases recoil

Talking from my own experience, I claim that the True Ogre is too strong in its current state. Every close-quarter encounter against a True Ogre user so far ended up with the enemy being the winner. The buffed fire rate from the magazine mod reduces the TTK by too much. No weapon I have tried so far could beat it in a 1v1, it was moving me down too fast - I feel like I am always dying instantly against it without having the chance to react to it.

Yeah, it has a delay before firing, but finding cover for 0.6secs for it to charge up is alot easier than to deal with a charged-up True Ogre, you know what I mean? These 0,6secs almost feel non-existent.

Now this is from my own experience and it is certainly biased. Maybe the enemy was just too good, maybe I was just too bad (git gud at this point huh). Maybe I just had a bad day. Maybe I have killed many NFAS users before without remembering. There are many variables that may come into play. However, this is why I am askin you about your experience. Perhaps you don't feel the same about it and it's just me. The more stats and opinions I can gather, the better the picture on the NFAS-12 'True Ogre'.

Leave a comment on it and take part in the poll.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

1 minute ago, Ai-Zhú said:

the buffed fire rate from the magazine mod reduces the TTK by too much

its a 0.99 ttk

how much higher do you want it?

ogre is fine, just stop sprinting through blind corners - if ogre users can't ambush you by bypassing the windup then they're free kills

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Hi,

I want to open up a discussion on the NFAS 'True Ogre'. This variant features the Double-Drum Mag:

• +200% magazine size
  • +100% stored ammo
  • +31% fire rate
  • +60% reload time
  • adds a 0.59s delay before firing
  • moderately increases recoil

Talking from my own experience, I claim that the True Ogre is too strong in its current state. Every close-quarter encounter against a True Ogre user so far ended up with the enemy being the winner. The buffed fire rate from the magazine mod reduces the TTK by too much. No weapon I have tried so far could beat it in a 1v1, it was moving me down too fast - I feel like I am always dying instantly against it without having the chance to react to it.

Yeah, it has a delay before firing, but finding cover for 0.6secs for it to charge up is alot easier than to deal with a charged-up True Ogre, you know what I mean? These 0,6secs almost feel non-existent.

Now this is from my own experience and it is certainly biased. Maybe the enemy was just too good, maybe I was just too bad (git gud at this point huh). Maybe I just had a bad day. Maybe I have killed many NFAS users before without remembering. There are many variables that may come into play. However, this is why I am askin you about your experience. Perhaps you don't feel the same about it and it's just me. The more stats and opinions I can gather, the better the picture on the NFAS-12 'True Ogre'.

Leave a comment on it and take part in the poll.

Have you used the NFas Stock variant?  Its even worse to play against.  Id rather play against True Ogre users than any other shotgun in the game, I mean hell, even the JG feels fucking busted when playing against.

Dual drum is for casuals, a triple drum and triple stats is what Ogre needs. Or well, make a new legendary and call it maybe "NFAS-36 Ent". 

ogre is actually pretty easy to kill

it is just my opinion about how the ones who complain about the ogre do not truly understand the ogre and how it functions.

Just delete all guns from the game apart from n-tec and .45, problem solved! everyone happy now?

/s

The LO shotgunning nerfed it just enough to become a very niche pick, and it's rather weak now.

Though even before that it was already a very niche gun, your only way of being successful with it was being in close quarters and having cover to windup, or getting the jump on the enemy.

Any other shotgun was (and is) more useful in almost every situation.

I don't know how people have problems fighting this gun. When you know your enemy has one it's super easy to prenade or simply outrange them. It's also wildly inaccurate so they're almost never going to 3 shot you, which renders that "insane" TTK quite useless.

In my opinion it needs a "buff" aka just reverting all of the LO shotgun changes.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, YumiSakura said:

Just delete all guns from the game apart from n-tec and .45, problem solved! everyone happy now?

/s

Yes for that x), .45 is the best secondary.

ntec ehh, i don't know but is cool.

5 hours ago, Bambola said:

Dual drum is for casuals, a triple drum and triple stats is what Ogre needs. Or well, make a new legendary and call it maybe "NFAS-36 Ent". 

New legendary shotgun? o.o

Nah.

Im thinking of what it could be.

20 minutes ago, HappyMandy said:

nerf that shit! this gun is for noobs who can't get a f*king single kill. it doesn't even require aim skill.

Agree? Prob.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:19 AM, UrsulaRex said:

Please, stop nerf every gun in this game.

We are here to discuss. I explicitely said in my OP that my opinion is biased.

No need to freak out like that.

Merged.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, GhosT said:

I don't know how people have problems fighting this gun. When you know your enemy has one it's super easy to prenade or simply outrange them. It's also wildly inaccurate so they're almost never going to 3 shot you, which renders that "insane" TTK quite useless.

I also had difficulties combating it face to face, or rather face - object -face. I had a situation where my opponent and I were fighting around a vehicle. Using the vehicle as cover, he could charge his NFAS without worries. You are rarely having situations where you are fighting on the open field. Every obstacle is a chance for the NFAS to charge up, and the maps are full of obstacles, corners and vehicles.

Inaccuries don't really matter with shotguns, tbh.

The only solution I could find to handle a NFAS was by outranging it.  But that's not the situation I was trying to discuss. Given a cqc setup, I'd like to discuss how among all the other cqc weapons, the NFAS sticks out with its ridiculously low TTK in that setup.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

23 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

The only solution I could find to handle a NFAS was by outranging it.  But that's not the situation I was trying to discuss. Given a cqc setup, I'd like to discuss how among all the other cqc weapons, the NFAS sticks out with its ridiculously low TTK in that setup.

you can outrange the ogre even with other cqc weapons, it has like 10m of effective range because it’s spread is so wide

if you want an actual example of a broken cqc weapon, grab a pmg with ir3 and laugh as you min ttk ogres at 40m

Edited by Solamente
typo

1 hour ago, Amaineko said:

Standart nfas is stronger then ogre, which is KiNdA wrong~

NFAS is overturned at the moment. 

That being said, I will always prefer the free weapon to perform as well if not better than it's legendary counterpart. 

Oh, this is for OP and anyone else thinking of doing a poll. 

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/references/how-to-design-a-survey

Edited by CookiePuss

Remove every shitty weapon from the game like ogre,volcano etc and let us play with the rest that is kinda balanced ( not at all) but its still much easier to face someone with shotgun for example JG instead of N-fas with cooling jacket 3 on it . Thanks! 

Edited by eelaaa

2 minutes ago, eelaaa said:

for example JG instead of N-fas with cooling jacket 3 on it 

Have you ever tried putting CJ 3 on a JG?

Of course i did. Its not even working properly, i dont wanna even talk about the range compare it to n-fas with cj3 on.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh, this is for OP and anyone else thinking of doing a poll. 

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/references/how-to-design-a-survey

There are 2x "Yes", 1 middle thingy and 2x "No" answers to the question. If you feel like there is an answer missing that doesn't represent your stance on it, let me know it and be specific about it instead of sending me a whole guide on it.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

4 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

I also had difficulties combating it face to face, or rather face - object -face. I had a situation where my opponent and I were fighting around a vehicle. Using the vehicle as cover, he could charge his NFAS without worries. You are rarely having situations where you are fighting on the open field. Every obstacle is a chance for the NFAS to charge up, and the maps are full of obstacles, corners and vehicles.

Inaccuries don't really matter with shotguns, tbh.

It does have a low TTK, but people seem to ignore that you have to windup for additional .59 seconds where other guns can just start blasting at any time.

That and having to stop firing and re-wind when cover popping should give you enough time to counter it with other CQC weapons, unless you blindly run into one that can freely windup and catch you in perfect range. 

I've never had issues with them. Prenading and avoiding melee ranges does well enough for almost all spots.

2 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

There are 2x "Yes", 1 middle thingy and 2x "No" answers to the question. If you feel like there is an answer missing that doesn't represent your stance on it, let me know it and be specific about it instead of sending me a whole guide on it.

Fair enough.

A simple five choice poll on a subject as complex as weapon balance is, in my opinion, a waste of time. You already know the community will be split on it, an at best you get less than 10% of the population to vote anyways.

Starting off with a structured argument detailing you stance on the subject, or outlining the terms of a potential discussion would be more effective ways of getting the information you want. But even then, expect to reach no consensus.

i can't 2 shot an orge at point blank range with my hvr before they kill me, plz nerf

Sign in to follow this