JayLeon

Latency for brazillian players

As usual we've been playing with 160~180 ms, what is bad, but we can win some matches....But now latency is going 280~360... That makes it impossible to win. Is there any plan to lower this latency for us? Or get a LATAM or BR server?

Only plan now is the server locations announced by Matt. Maby after the engine upgrade and if the population warrants it enough they will add new locations but as of now the current pop barely warrants US servers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayLeon said:

As usual we've been playing with 160~180 ms, what is bad, but we can win some matches....But now latency is going 280~360... That makes it impossible to win. Is there any plan to lower this latency for us? Or get a LATAM or BR server?

You have to make a new character (for now) in CITADEL, in citadel you will have a better latency (because it's hosted in NEW YORK).

ALL BRS NOW HAVE BETTER LATENCY IN CITADEL.

We are working on new server locations.

Currently only LA and NY are online.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

You have to make a new character (for now) in CITADEL, in citadel you will have a better latency (because it's hosted in NEW YORK).

ALL BRS NOW HAVE BETTER LATENCY IN CITADEL.

Don't oversell it, once they're back in EU the latency will be a lot worse

19 minutos atrás, Uhtdred disse:

Você precisa criar um novo personagem (por enquanto) em CITADEL, na cidadela, você terá uma melhor latência (porque está hospedado no NOVA IORQUE).

TODOS OS BRS TÊM MELHOR LATÊNCIA NA CITADEL.

Negative. Jericho latency is best for Brazilian players, I particularly play quiet at 170ms, but there are days when they really go over 300ms

1 hour ago, Eurocausto said:

Negative. Jericho latency is best for Brazilian players, I particularly play quiet at 170ms, but there are days when they really go over 300ms

you didn't understand, for some days, citadel is going to be the best option for BRS, you understand that?

try citadel and check latency. In the future, however, you will have high latency in citadel.

right now it's like this:

citadel = new york (better latency for some south american players)

jericho = not good latency.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

when are we going to be allowed to use jericho characters on citadel districts?

Edited by Uhtdred

If Jericho is Los Angeles, then yeah BR's gonna have bad ping. Its like 1400 miles or so further away than New York.

RIP Brazil.

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If Jericho is Los Angeles, then yeah BR's gonna have bad ping. Its like 1400 miles or so further away than New York.

RIP Brazil.

What u mean? Brs now have like 90ms in new York districts..

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

There's a lot of expectations in South America, I assume you have the numbers but just based in my past experience when the game was at its peaks, there were a couple hundred of players, if not a few thousands, from the whole Hispanic South American region and I mean the other countries besides Brazil that are down below past Central America. A few dozen of them/us are still around. I recall when there were a bunch of SA clans plenty of people too, so quite sure it would be a great motivation to return for a lot of people from this area if we ever get a server with anything below 200ms/150ms.

I'm not sure if it was Björn or someone from the former staff that replied me something about Google and Amazon data centers located in Chile in Brazil that were able to host APB.

The problem here in South America is that we get horrible backbone routing between countries, many ISPs are providing good services but since many of these companies are from Europe or they simply are different companies, their routing to the US varies drastically as you can see in the tracer tests from different players all around. In example, connecting Argentina with Brazil might go by a direct path through Arg/Br nodes, while connecting to Chile, depending on each country's hosting provider, could route the connection through Costa Rica as it happened with some games in the past.

I think Rio sounds like a neat option that would cover the whole South American region pretty well imo.

Thanks,

Sal.

Edited by Salvick
Signing.
  • Like 2