JenzAmaka

The Amazing APB Reloaded 3D Render Community

On 8/12/2018 at 7:03 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:
On 8/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, Queen of Love said:

preview febbraio (wip)

Honest question. How is it that everyone here in this sub group seems to improve with every render, but you on the other hand get worse with every picture?
you right.
maybe the real progress are not for pubblic.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:
On 8/8/2018 at 5:10 AM, Queen of Love said:

preview febbraio (wip)

Honest question. How is it that everyone here in this sub group seems to improve with every render, but you on the other hand get worse with every picture?
You're quite rude...
  • Like 1

nahh , Zbisc is a good boy, my best friend on forum
he is just upset cause i dont post the Honey-Stuff anymore here.

Edited by Queen of Love
fkghsdkh

Tbh, and don't take this as an insult QoL, I think it's the use of really low res textures combined with Daz Syndrome.  Daz syndrome is just my word for the use of uncanny looking character models with really off facial expressions, and weird materials, like the base ones found in Daz Studio.  This can come down to the characters looking like plastic and just over all... creepy...  The rendering engine you're using can also have a big impact.

Here's an example of that.  The left image is Nvidia Iray, and the right is Daz's old 3Delight engine.
0d8c046b8b5f329311f2eacf3cf613.jpg

That character does just look weird in general, but it looks way worse in 3delight.  I don't know what render engine you're using QoL, but maybe try switching to one of the newer ones that Blender offers?

@BrandonBranderson i always avoid the plastiline skin effect, and also the excessive reflection, i really have problem in find what is wrong for the majority of people that render. (my R engine is the Blender Internal 2.78)

You're quite rude...

Yeah, F me for asking a question huh.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The way you phrased it, I'm sure anyone can tell it was quite snarky sounding.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kivron said:
8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The way you phrased it, I'm sure anyone can tell it was quite snarky sounding.
Then that is you who interpreted my text like that. I added 'honest question' at the start to try and diffuse any assumptions that it might be taken like that but seems you still did.

I typed a response 3 times, I'm done with this annoying text editor.
It will not let me quote.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Queen of Love said:
@BrandonBranderson i always avoid the plastiline skin effect, and also the excessive reflection, i really have problem in find what is wrong for the majority of people that render. (my R engine is the Blender Internal 2.78)

Alright then, maybe try switching to Cycles and see if you get a better result from that.  I've never actually rendered anything in blender, so I don't know what kind of extra work that would make for you if any, I've always just used Daz Studio with the Nvidia Iray engine and I get results like this:
wrong_neighborhood_by_brandonbranderson-

the shadows are really smooth. very good , this require an extra light setting on my side.
honestly i avoid cycle cause is really slow on final result. i should give it a try sometime (for the best clients 😄 )

Merged

wirrygym0001.png
mmm not so bad this cycles.... but hair still psychedelic 😮 what i miss?

A friend just sent me a link to a tutorial on how to use a blender addon called archimesh that is actually already in blender but you gotta enable manually through the preferences panel. It allows you to build rooms with doors and windows, as well as furniture with different types and options and overall it's pretty cool for backgrounds, so in case someone didn't know of it's existance just like I didn't here's said tutorial by Blender Guru:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Does anyone happen to have the Coywolf model extracted?

in theory, every car could be find at high poly, just checking the model in real. (Vegas->Dodge Charger "hazard")

Merged

Meanwhile, near San Paro country.
KELLYCOUNTRYSHIRT0001.png?width=745&heig

On 8/19/2018 at 3:08 AM, Queen of Love said:
in theory, every car could be find at high poly, just checking the model in real. (Vegas->Dodge Charger "hazard")
All the new files are encrypted or compressed so I cannot extract them. Battleye also blocks NinjaRipper, and APBDB doesn't have the latest kits or I would rip them from there.

I'm trying to create a gallery of all the low tier vehicles with the 4 different front ends (Balkan, Han, Macchina, & Coywolf). I have everything but the Coywolf. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

4 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:
do you know that this screenshot alone explains how cool is the custom character system ingame in APB:R?
be positive.
You what? How?

On 8/17/2018 at 11:32 AM, Queen of Love said:

the shadows are really smooth. very good , this require an extra light setting on my side.
honestly i avoid cycle cause is really slow on final result. i should give it a try sometime (for the best clients 😄 )

Merged

wirrygym0001.png
mmm not so bad this cycles.... but hair still psychedelic 😮 what i miss?

Looking better!  But he still has a face that says "I just had multiple strokes, please end me".  
Face posing seems to be your weakest point, so maybe try using this chart as a reference to get more natural facial expressions:

Other than that, he doesn't look like plastic so that's an improvement.  His hair looks like cotton candy but you're aware of that so that's fine.  Over all it's a big improvement over your previous works.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:
Looking better!  But he still has a face that says "I just had multiple strokes, please end me".  
Face posing seems to be your weakest point, so maybe try using this chart as a reference to get more natural facial expressions:

Other than that, he doesn't look like plastic so that's an improvement.  His hair looks like cotton candy but you're aware of that so that's fine.  Over all it's a big improvement over your previous works.
the problem with expression is that
  • :is noT possible use a face expression POSE to different characters and have 100% match. One smile will look good to one, but hoorribly like Joker of Tim Burton to another face, so if i use 1h for pose the lips in one , doesnT means i can reuse it,   i will need another 1h for another face, is a new pose at 50%)
  •  also one millimeter miss in pose face cause a weird result.  
for this is extremely hard use complex or raffinate face poses, usually is better keep an expression "seriuos" and slighty move some facebone, or on opposite side, move them more as possible, like "yelling" "shock" where mouth and eyes are compeltely open or completely closed.

the "large smile" (in your pciture is in JOY)  is still the most complex pose for the mouth, but for eyes expression the true "golem" is the "crying" expression (in your pic is in TERROR ).

however in my forum avatar there is a "little heart lips kiss" pose, is the only one that works on universal face 😄   even in Zbisc character 😄 

Edited by Queen of Love
mean

Oh something I completely forgot to mention is you may also want to experiment with 3 point lighting a little bit.  It'll help diffuse that hard black shadow and will look a lot more natural.

three-point-lighting-videos.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Oh something I completely forgot to mention is you may also want to experiment with 3 point lighting a little bit.  It'll help diffuse that hard black shadow and will look a lot more natural.

sometime i am surprised how i never checked/searched this true golden suggestion 😮
i always used just 2 lights on 45/56 , plus the ambient occlusion at 20%, the rear light is a total new concept for me 😮  i hope more will read this . cause the various trouble on rendere 90% of times are the wrong light position. (or material specualr wrong settings)

Yup that's something that plagued my renders for a while. Extremely dark scenes and only one light source.  Then I was looking up tips on how to improve the look of a scene and somebody suggested to use 3 lights with a dim light behind the subject and it ended up improving the look of the render by a lot.  With Daz it's a lot easier to get natural lighting with Nvidia Iray though.  Daz's Iray engine uses a kind of light that diffuses and bounces like real light and not just points for light sources, so more often than not I end up using a light panel instead of an invisible point that emits light.  The downside of this is that if you don't let it render for long enough, it'll look like it has a weird film grain on it, and Daz can take a long time to render if it's a complex scene.  I didn't use 3 point in the render I posted previously though since the lighting in that one was already provided by the street lights in the scene itself.  

this thread makes me want to install cinema 4d again even tho i wasnt that great in it. Was still in the learning process but .. :')