JenzAmaka

The Amazing APB Reloaded 3D Render Community

I actually remember using your rigs previously. I must say the day that you, Bridgette, and Vegg got together to provide all those materials on the steam group was a great time indeed.

I'll see about starting sometime today on a small project. Probably will have to look at that tutorial vid from back in the day.

I have also written a very in depth tutorial that is available on the OP. It's more refined and cut out some old/obsolete practices that are present in the videos

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Hexagons said:

We are, however, aware that they help a great deal to have, which is why we have permitted them to be shared privately.

Wee?! At least we know now.

Since my download links aren't gone then I suppose we can share our characters, cars and rigs freely?

Heya all! o/

I'm pretty sure that the last time i posted in the old thread was about a year ago when i stopped playing APB:R.

I have found the image i posted back then on the progress of my character. I could of easily made the character from scratch, animated, physics and in-engine by now. XD 

Yet trying to rip a model, put it onto 3ds max and rig it really threw me..odd. I may pick it up again and start all over again.

Good to see all you folks still at it helping Lemmings like me(maybe exclusively me) make awesome 3d models, rendered with cool poses.

Keep it up people!! 

pepper%20render%203_zps0haaf790.png

pepper%20render%206_zpsde2poms0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Old friend of mine wanted a render of his character so I made this.
CFRaJ1l.png

Also, I've been thinking of doing Group Photo v3. So keep eye on the thread if you want to participate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You might have noticed there is a new forum background option under the APB theme. During the talks with LO on where the 3D community was going, they gave us the opportunity to do this! So here's the render Whiskey, Sameriah and I did! 😄 Needless to say we are honored to see our stuff in an official place...

unknown.png

Edited by Cazadora
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cazadora said:

You might have noticed there is a new forum background option under the APB theme. During the talks with LO on where the 3D community was going, they gave us the opportunity to do this! So here's the render Whiskey, Sameriah and I did! 😄 Needless to say we are honored to see our stuff in an official place...

unknown.png

cool poses and prospective...  nice lights... pure apb style overall. amazing work! really.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Cazadora said:

Very nice!

• Thanks 1

BOOP. Most recent -
VIadNkc.jpg

• Like 4

Did a render for official APB Facebook banner. This was the most difficult render I have ever done and it took over a week to finish it.
XrK1EO2.png

Behind The Scenes

Originally the render was close up and was very simple.

9e2c976ef7.jpg

I thought having a simple image was good for the banner but that wasn't the case. It wasn't flashy enough and felt too closed in. It also didn't have that much of a APB feel to it. The chaos and openness that APB provides. I knew I had to scrap it and so I tried playing around what can I do.

This was one of the idea.
90bacdd077.jpg

After that disaster it was time to restart the whole project and first concept was this.

162724228a.jpg
I opened up the scene more and added some more chaos. This was also the time when I considered adding player characters until friend of mine told me that its better to stay with official characters. I wasn't really fan of it but I understood his reasoning and removed player characters.

I also picked night as I thought adding flashy lights would make the scene cooler. It didn't take long that flashy lights + chaos = complete cluster fork.

After that I spent good one day ripping/modeling the scene.

0c3d96712d.jpg
Added one more cop car to make the car chase scene more active.

You probably noticed that there are no characters in the scene. That's because I need to build and place objects before posing, because otherwise I need to repose characters constantly after every small tweaks like turning car a bit.

Day light is usually by default very boring so I went for sunset(everybody loves bit of orange/red colors)

ba17721e90.jpg

I removed the exploding car as it was taking way too much attention. I also didn't like idea of people dying in promotional art stuff.

Motion blur was also added to the scene and that itself is pretty interesting because I had to animate everything that moves.
GIF.gif

I could photoshop it but it would never be accurate.

After that it was nothing else excepting fighting Blender and tweaking small things here and there.

Extra section

41b54c91d2.PNG

Yes, skybox is edited screenshot I took ingame.

e6ffecdd5e.PNG

56404d4dc7.PNG

1e67a9dfbe.PNG

e100ddf257.PNG

ef4fe15494.PNG

Edited by JenzAmaka
  • Like 13

"Nice" would be an understatement.

At what point did you become an omnipotent being?

• Thanks 1

Awesome work and thank you for sharing behind the scenes.

Characters are contacts. How about their cars? Build from scratch?

Edited by Saxtus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Awesome work and thank you for sharing behind the scenes.

Characters are contacts. How about their cars? Build from scratch?

They are preset vehicles players can buy.

12 hours ago, JenzAmaka said:

Did a render for official APB Facebook banner. This was the most difficult render I have ever done and it took over a week to finish it.
XrK1EO2.png

simply great.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:44 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I have also written a very in depth tutorial that is available on the OP. It's more refined and cut out some old/obsolete practices that are present in the videos

What do you mean with OP? Would like to read it. 

Looks like Ninjaripper is not working anymore. We're kinda stuck.

We'll ask LO about it and hopefully they'll do something about it.

Edited by JenzAmaka

Yup that's what I was afraid of 😞

I really hope they help us out with this and make an exception for NinjaRipper.  Otherwise we ded.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Working on NR (know how to coding a bit is always useful )

I can do it

No..no.....NooooOOo \(ç__ç )/

doesnT work 😞 apbprogram canT get any process directly, is not possible skip apb_be.

25j8brt.jpg

Edited by Queen of Love
i am desperate.

It's happening.

18a2b3b75d.png

I put a Discord where people can join and talk about the project.
Currently hoping and waiting for LO to make Ninjaripper work again. When that happens, I'll make a new thread for the real announcement.

Copy-pasted from the Info Channel...

Previous Group Photo Project Threads
Obeya Group Photo

The Biggest APB Group Photo

What is this project?
-It's about getting about maybe 500 player characters and put them in Blender so I can pose 'em and render. I highly recommend checking out previous group photo threads.

How?
-I use Ninjaripper to rip player character models and textures so I can put them in Blender to render the scene. This is not just taking screenshot and put them in photoshop. It's way more complicated.

Can I join?
-YES! But you need to be Rank 150 or higher to join and only one character.
If you are under 150 in rank but have amazing looking character then I can make an exception.

How do I join?
-Wait for my announcement in Discord. I will tag everyone! So when you see the [ ! ], go check out. I will ask players to join district where I will do the ripping process. After I have ripped your character, you will be accepted and don't have to do anything else.

Which servers you accept?
-Citadel and Jericho

Can we request?
-Only the weapon and skin you want in the photo. Once you have been accepted, type out the weapon name and post screenshot of the gun and its skin in the Accepted-Club channel.

Me and my clanmates want to be together, can we be together?
Yes, Tell me your clan name, who are the members/officer/leader and post screenshot of the clan logo in the Accepted-Club.

How many people are going to be in the photo?
-I was thinking of 500.

Can I volunteer?
-Yes you can! 2D art like banners, advertisement billboards, graffitis and etc. are always welcomed!

Is this going to take 2 years?
-No.

You hate me / I hate you, can I still join?
-Yes, I don't hate anyone and I don't mind if you hate/dislike me.

Can I leave this project at any time?
-Yes, DM me about it and I'll remove your character from the project.

Edited by JenzAmaka
  • Like 3

You can still rip models if you want.

How? Easy;

1. make the changes to the model you want to rip.
  2. Log out and close apb.
  3. Navigate to "*\APB Reloaded\Binaries"
  4. Move or rename "APB_BE,exe"
  5. Launch APB with NinjaRipper like you usually do.
  6. rip the model from the character selection screen.
    • I am sure you can log in if you want and also rip cars but that's prob a bit dodgier.
  7. enjoy your freshly ripped models.

If you are too slow you will get booted because BE is not running.

Is this optimal? No.. but if you can't wait, it's a way to get around the current issue.

Edited by Tobii