Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance

15 minutes ago, Ohinikana said:

cant plan much better than APB has always been a mess , so tell the community of possible problems (which they did) , then ride out this storm to get to a better tomorrow.

Seen worse from G1 anyways which is why i feel "meh whatever i know Little Orbit is trying their best"

i mean we can always play minecraft like some people suggest

6 hours ago, Juulz said:

Now the Xbox servers are messed up again and it’s very slow logging in

this is very bad news . 

9 minutes ago, Ohinikana said:

it honestly seems like they are jumping into things and not planning what they're doing

While your post is on the better side of the criticism I think there is one possible scenario that critics might not have considered:

What if LO took a good look at the public face or APB and saw so much potential, then they found out that they could own the IP and thought "yeah, let's look at doing this!"? They took the time, spoke to the right people, got lied to profusely, realised it would be a challenge but thought it was going to be okay. We know LO had to have had a fuller idea than any of us how bad it was, but frequently companies or their liquidators make their products/stock look the best they can while hiding the full story so they can mitigate losses.

I'm describing a scenario similar to going to a real shady car dealer and seeing what you are SURE is a gem, a diamond in the rough and just think it needs a good clean and a tune up. Once that deal is done you don't get to go back.

Now your options are simple: Sell it on and hope it doesn't kill people, break it up for scrap and take the loss or rebuild it over time.

The scrap option for APB is essentially switch off the servers and give up on it. I don't see anyone who is reading these forums actually wanting that to be the ultimate outcome in the near future... especially LO!

Selling it on would be possible, but it is likely that the game, in its current form, would be a loss in money and at this moment (yes, even after the servers have been completely off-line for days) I feel that all of LO (especially @MattScott) really do want the game to be successful... even if that is just for financial reasons. It's all the same to the end user - the game is on-line instead of dead.

Once you rebuild the engine ( 😉 ) and the car is up and running, you can turn your attention to fixing up the panelling and interior.

This is all completely speculation but it might provide people a different or unconsidered viewpoint.

calm down, give them time . you have no choice .

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i mean we can always play minecraft like some people suggest

I'm contemplating spinning up a server, but knowing this community it'll get DDoS'd by the first person to get blown up by a creeper! 😄

4 minutes ago, Jobs2k said:

I'm contemplating spinning up a server, but knowing this community it'll get DDoS'd by the first person to get blown up by a creeper! 😄

that would be me blown up by a creeper those jerks spawn on me

how the freak do you dodge spawning in my face rofl

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

its been posted that armas is down...... why did you do that?

its easy.. TO GET COMPENSATION!

7 minutes ago, Ramins said:

Как долго могли длиться эти обновления?

why you use google-translater to write on russian? you trolling?

Ima be the best drifter in 4x4, no one can take that from me. I miss apb so much its like a beer after a hangover, feels better, makes me feel like im wanted, community doesnt, but eff them without haters i wouldnt have a full time job every single day as a player. Then the coffee comes and its like "The heck i just say?!?" I care too much, i love yall working hard to bring back a game that hasnt been given love. Im stubborn, ticked off just as much as the dude who c4'd my base in rust, but in the end you get on your feet and still fight for it. Its human nature. I just want my game back, and thank you @ Matt Scott for doing your best with a very handsome team you have. I apologize for being a thorn in your anus. It's just...I can't find, play or review any other game. That should be enough to explain to you that even tho im a douchebag at times, i still do care. Hope yall can get it fixed. Im sure you will. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Ohinikana said:

I just think they need to plan better before they act, cause a bunch of poorly executed plans will ultimately just damage the business' bank account in the end of the day.

All the best Matt.

if you want to optimize a some new "thing" for you, you can't make a play, coz its new for you..

apb changed 10 of anticheat systems, & nothing help, I come to Baylan & see even not new lolrank bots, OLD cheaters, not eveb banned, using macro, wh, hitred, etc. scripts of hacks ecsh day of last years..

I cant play my fav-gun, coz playing versus bots I cant even kill someone for a 2 haors of playing, coz my gun is not TOP.. 

I can take an OSMAW for fun, but even with it, i see a bots R0-15, dodging & shielding my dmg by FREE of CHAR mods(with empty slots of it)

Tomorrow Can we play? Tomorrow Servers Comes Online? 😞

Will you get the servers up by tomorrow?

53 minutes ago, Jobs2k said:

While your post is on the better side of the criticism I think there is one possible scenario that critics might not have considered:

What if LO took a good look at the public face or APB and saw so much potential, then they found out that they could own the IP and thought "yeah, let's look at doing this!"? They took the time, spoke to the right people, got lied to profusely, realised it would be a challenge but thought it was going to be okay. We know LO had to have had a fuller idea than any of us how bad it was, but frequently companies or their liquidators make their products/stock look the best they can while hiding the full story so they can mitigate losses.

I'm describing a scenario similar to going to a real shady car dealer and seeing what you are SURE is a gem, a diamond in the rough and just think it needs a good clean and a tune up. Once that deal is done you don't get to go back.

Now your options are simple: Sell it on and hope it doesn't kill people, break it up for scrap and take the loss or rebuild it over time.

The scrap option for APB is essentially switch off the servers and give up on it. I don't see anyone who is reading these forums actually wanting that to be the ultimate outcome in the near future... especially LO!

Selling it on would be possible, but it is likely that the game, in its current form, would be a loss in money and at this moment (yes, even after the servers have been completely off-line for days) I feel that all of LO (especially @MattScott) really do want the game to be successful... even if that is just for financial reasons. It's all the same to the end user - the game is on-line instead of dead.

Once you rebuild the engine ( 😉 ) and the car is up and running, you can turn your attention to fixing up the panelling and interior.

This is all completely speculation but it might provide people a different or unconsidered viewpoint.

Yeah i understand your perspective and I agree with what what you're saying, its unfortunate that they had to step into such a shit storm, I've been playing APB since late 2011 and i cherish the game a ton, but none the less, its just sad to see the events of the last few days happening, i know LO will pull through and i know they're doing their best to make something from nothing. I can only imagine how Matt must be feeling, In the exhibition world things are relatively similar , which is where my opinion is constructed from , The end point of what i was trying to say is that things that keep getting extended in the same manner as this would tarnish a business' name more than have an effect on the clientele, but I can't wait for Matt to reap sweet success when that new engine comes out, I can tell he is trying his best, but on that , i also think it was a mistake to take people from the engine team to work on the christmas minigame, but thats just my opinion, just hope the game is up today. 

But thanks for your angle 🙂

And ty Matt for your efforts @MattScott

1 hour ago, Jobs2k said:

We know LO had to have had a fuller idea than any of us how bad it was, but frequently companies or their liquidators make their products/stock look the best they can while hiding the full story so they can mitigate losses.

you are close to the truth . players are limited in everything .  this cannot be the promised openness of the company and the project as a whole .

remember the thread: QUESTIONS for LO . ? The boss hasn't said anything yet .

simple question - what is the purchase price of the game ?                                                                       

BOSS we're not the IRS . just show us your openness .

Edited by yood

Hey Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at Little Orbit.

I hope you crazy bastards aren't slaving again today, but if you are... we salute you.

U9y7WXO.gif

Edited by CookiePuss

9 minutes ago, yood said:

don't upset me please cookie . remove. 

Hey I'm missing APB as much as you, but I don't want anyone sacrificing their health or happiness just so I can play  video game.

Edited by CookiePuss

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is taking agonizingly too long. We are waiting on one more fix to get PC back online. 

Sorry,
Matt

Thanks for your update and yeah.