Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance

13 minutes ago, postalgril said:

all the golds cheat. macros, triggerbots

Do macros constitute cheating? It seems like Logitech, Razer, etc. actively encourage it.

Macros literally don't help any gun. Not the carbine, not the Obeya, not the Oscar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, postalgril said:

all the golds cheat. macros, triggerbots

Sounds like someone got stomped...

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

The main issue now is some bad hardware that had to be replaced.

Sounds like the new provider is just as bad as the old one. This same issue happened the last time.

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

And all platforms will be running Financial and Waterfront with no threat segregation for a couple days.

Looks like I'll continue to play other games for the time being, Open Conflict is always a complete shitshow and it'll be no different now.

• Like 2

Hi,

Guys, I didn't quite understand what Mett was saying. I don't know much English. Can someone write in more detail ?

When will the game open ? And what changes will be in the game 2-3 days ?

Oh no tryhard players with triggerbot will destroy my gameplay.. 
im pretty excited about new database, 

18 minutes ago, AzeliaBLankz said:

Hi,

Guys, I didn't quite understand what Mett was saying. I don't know much English. Can someone write in more detail ?

When will the game open ? And what changes will be in the game 2-3 days ?

No changes for rhe game itself but for the performance i think we will see less fps drops, less freezes and much better stability of the districts (maps).

Matt said basically around 7 am PDT American servers should be up and for eu we need to wait a but more longer, EU will remain in new york for couple days due to missing equipment.

3 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Oyunun kendisi için bir değişiklik yok ama performans için bence daha az fps düşüşü, daha az donma ve bölgelerin (haritalar) çok daha iyi bir istikrar göreceğini göreceğiz.

Matt, temelde sabah 7 civarında PDT Amerikan sunucularının hazır olması gerektiğini ve ab için daha uzun süre beklememiz gerektiğini söyledi.

I understand better now. Looks like we'll wait 3-5 more days for the AB servers.

Thanks..

Look at the bright side... no more dethreaters in APB lmao xD

41 minutes ago, GStewart said:

Do macros constitute cheating? It seems like Logitech, Razer, etc. actively encourage it.

From what I can remember in the G1 days macros were considered cheating in APB. At the very least they claimed they frowned upon it and didn't want it happening.

Just because a company wants to sell a product it doesn't mean they know every way you will be using said product. Macros are incredibly useful in a huge array of applications... Games like this shouldn't be one of them.

35 minutes ago, warau said:

Macros literally don't help any gun. Not the carbine, not the Obeya, not the Oscar.

They might not directly help the gun (though I would argue that there are many guns in APB that are intentionally coded to gain a benefit from precise timing of trigger pulls, which a macro would at least assist with) but macros DO directly help the player to do things like:

Hide behind wall, judge where the cross-hair will be after standing, hit macro that does all this in perfectly precise timing... stand click mouse 1 X times with exacting timing for fastest fire rate, crouch. It isn't hard to see someone doing this as their character's head is barely visible before they are ducking at the same time the bullets hit you.

Could this be attributed to network/hardware latency... or maybe I'm some noob that doesn't know how the L337 players time their shots?

Sure, until you see them do it in the exact same way with the exact same frequency across multiple missions. At that point you realise that there is very little you can do to dodge those rounds, let alone return successful hits.

@Nagletz i would prefer dethreaters instead of unskilled players whose using cheats in order to proove to theirselfs that after 10 years that this game exists im still noob idiot who can control n-tec. my opinion and im gonna lose my free time playing against. Aint that fun but thats reality.

1 hour ago, warau said:

Don't tell them that. They need some excuse for why they suck and get beat.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

This means all of EU will be temporarily running on districts in New York for a couple days till we get the new EU location online properly.

And all platforms will be running Financial and Waterfront with no threat segregation for a couple days.

Totally not looking forward to the 140 ping EU adventure.

Maybe the best possible option to get servers up.

I AM totally looking forward to the districts without segregation. 👌

that didn't helped at all... it is only for preventing my friends to play with me.

I hope u still keep this when the "real" EU servers go online (at least for a while). 🙂

58 minutes ago, Evita Says So. said:

I feel like checking game status should not be this complicated.

Error 9?

I am working on a knitting project.

They gave us approximations of when the servers will be back up, idk why you gotta constantly post that the servers are still down. It's not hard to be patient for a few days if it means that the game overall will improves as a result. Yes we are waiting on the game to come back up, but there is literally no need to CONSTANTLY post about it. It's no help and it gets annoying osrs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eelaaa said:

@Nagletz i would prefer dethreaters instead of unskilled players whose using cheats in order to proove to theirselfs that after 10 years that this game exists im still noob idiot who can't control n-tec. my opinion and im gonna lose my free time playing against them . Aint that fun but thats reality.

I also would prefer them, so much.

Is not difficult to learn ntec recoil, isn't easy, i can understand that, but if you really want that you should be able to.

In anyway everyone keep whispering and calling you cheater just because you make some kills and they don't, this community is.. unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, SkyFix said:

Any estimated ETA ?

If nobody posted nothing, i don't think so. Last update was from Matt

5 minutes ago, SkyFix said:

Any estimated ETA ?

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We are getting closer.

The databases are all restored.

The network team has been working for 72 hours straight now.
The main issue now is some bad hardware that had to be replaced.

I hate to throw out dates, but I feel like you have all been in limbo too long.

So if I had to start making some guesses, here is how I think the various platforms will come online:

PS4 and PC NA  = midnight tonight Pacific time

XB1, PS4, and PC EU = early morning (7am-ish) tomorrow Pacific time

A couple caveats:

We are missing some network equipment and a bunch of district boxes that got stuck in customs for the new EU datacenter.
This means all of EU will be temporarily running on districts in New York for a couple days till we get the new EU location online properly.

Sorry,

Matt

2 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

If nobody posted nothing, i don't think so. Last update was from Matt

Was hoping for someone on the staff team to reply, but thanks ^^

1 minute ago, SkyFix said:

Was hoping for someone on the staff team to reply, but thanks ^^

No worries, we're all here to wait, so why not help each orhers 🙂

4 minutes ago, RagingDragon said:

Ok ty

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

No worries, we're all here to wait, so why not help each orhers 🙂