Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance

I just started playing again after the game became unplayable for me a couple years ago due to lag. I definitely feel the itch that a lot of people in this thread are feeling. I'm back to that point where all I wanna do is play and customize my characters and cars (I have 4 characters; wtf as I thinking 5 years ago?). Simultaneously, as a NA player I see why the server change/upgrade/integration is needed. If you're outside of Citadel the game feel very stagnant, as you have to follow people where they are playing, and not where you would like to play.

I'm hoping they get it up and running by the time I'm back from work but if they are not, at least I know that the devs are working on something that will make my game experience more fun and I'm happy and excited  for that.

p.s. some of ya'll just complain for the sake of complaining, like ya'll  don't have anything else to do? Go watch a movie, go clean your house, go be normal for like a couple days.

14 minutes ago, MrsInvictus said:

Next time something happens, see how LO responds. Compare that to the fact that we literally never heard from G1 employees, yet now the goddamn CEO is addressing every issue himself.

You never heard from G1 Employee's? huh Yes we have.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We’re fixing one internal issue that is still preventing the EU world from being available. I don’t have an eta, but the team is working very hard. The other database restores all started at the same time. Each platform will come online as they finish.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the update Matt, no rush needed, we hope to be able to play as soon as possible.

17 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

~snip~

I dont know if you actually think these are hot takes, or if you know this nonsense gets repeated all the time and you just don't care.

@LAPDAlonso In my opinion its a good start. I noticed that the last 2 years that i used to play the game i had less lag than when i start playing the game for the first time.There was a problem tho for me when i use shotguns,( there was a couple of random freeze) while i was shooting, while all of my stats was normal like i aint have any fps drop or high ms etc. 
About maps ye, same 2 map rotation as usual, but hope more will come soon.Engine upgrade is not what i really want to see  in the future,as much as a new progress on the game like new contacts,items and more options to customize our characters. 
I dont know what people think when they see or hear the "Engine upgrade" but its gonna be good to see that once they fix bugs and more that the game needs instead of investing their time on one thing.

59 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

Stockholm syndrome man.

LO

What are the big game companies able to do that you are not since they don't have this sort of downtime when they do things like this?

Yeah they do. Even huge game companies will have highly extended downtime for such a large infrastructure change.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Why people can't  just chill about it? These changes are for the better, i would wait even a week without playing if i can play with less ping and better connection

• Like 1

And what happens to people, how many complaints about not being able to play if afterwards in the digits you do the same or worse criticizing the low fluency and population of the game, let them update what they want, if the game may not go better, no matter how hard they try , Lo or spc can not make the game better fence is impossible unless they delete everything and do it again, reconfiguring all the data of this outdated game is a great economic and mental effort, which is composed of hundreds of data and language that few of here would know how to handle,. stop hitting the beating, that when the apb will be running you will play, to complain again about the hundreds of bugs and problems, that this game has a bit outdated and that even if they come in when I enter to play. Ale Gms developers and other staff relax and take what is necessary 1 day, 1 week or a month, as you can see, however I advise you to delete everything first (data backup of characters and accounts) and then do everything again , cars, clothes, streets, buildings, lights ect ect ect ..... And the game can again be a good game with its optimal performance engine as well as the rest of the game, a big hug for all geeks of the apb game gg ezipizi! ok  mokeys!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

New Servers = same two maps since 2010, that's almost 10 years now. New Servers won't mean anything( so its nothing new, same boring two maps )

Yeah, they should add Dust2. That will be new and fresh.

1 hour ago, rayka said:

Ordinary players will not have a bonus in the form of jokers? It would be very nice, as we have been expecting for 2 days😓

No

Hello everyone,

Currently, we are reconfiguring PS4 version. PC client database is still being copied.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@NotZombieBiscuit Hahahah, he is just got bored of playing the same 2maps everytime, its ok i accept everyones opinion, even dust2 is not gonna be a bad idea:P just kidding, 

4 minutes ago, Blackace-RD said:

Why people can't  just chill about it? These changes are for the better, i would wait even a week without playing if i can play with less ping and better connection

Speaking for myself, when this game was fun and i use to play it every day , for hours and hours on end ( that old threat system OMG ), i would be pissed to when the servers went down sometimes haha. You just don't know how addictive this game use to be man. So some people who are addicted to it now, is experiencing that feeling. 

I'm addicted to a game called deck hunter on steam, thank goodness i can play it offline.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah, they should add Dust2. That will be new and fresh.

Could the map they exposed of the riot be worth as a new map of the apb, removing some roadblock elements, and maybe I think that map at least gave some freshness to the game?

Edited by SirVilla

@LAPDAlonso Yes its an addiction,but still remains my first priority when i have some free time to spent on games. I would still choose to play Apb instead of Fortnite or any other game that represents the new genaration 😛 

1 minute ago, SirVilla said:

Could the map they exposed of the riot be worth as a new map of the apb, removing some roadblock elements, and I think that map at least gave the game some frenzy?

God no. Did you play on that mess of a map change?

Just shove APB into a black hole till the update is done. That will make them shut up.

really tho don't rush the update give them time jeez..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Speaking for myself, when this game was fun and i use to play it every day , for hours and hours on end ( that old threat system OMG ), i would be pissed to when the servers went down sometimes haha. You just don't know how addictive this game use to be man. So some people who are addicted to it now, is experiencing that feeling. 

I'm addicted to a game called deck hunter on steam, thank goodness i can play it offline.

But the threat system is practically the same? Unless you mean adding the numbers back. Which you'd still be stuck in silver anyway just like back then?

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

God no. Did you play on that mess of a map change?

Excuse me, I found the new style of the financial map a little bit fun, not the game, I don't know if you understand me?

4 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

So some people who are addicted to it now, is experiencing that feeling

Ya, specially when its it my only game, I only play this game. Partially because i don't know what games are around for pc, that would be similar, and open world, and partially because the only time i consider finding a new one, is when this one goes down. Knowing it will take mass time to grind out a new game.

Just now, MACKxBOLAN said:

Sí, especialmente cuando es mi único juego, solo juego este juego. En parte porque no sé qué juegos existen para PC, eso sería similar y un mundo abierto, y en parte porque la única vez que considero encontrar uno nuevo es cuando este se cae. Sabiendo que tomará un tiempo masivo para desarrollar un nuevo juego.

black desert is good game! tom clancy the division , csgo , euro truck simulation dota 2 n, destyni 2 ect ect ,

18 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

Currently, we are reconfiguring PS4 version. PC client database is still being copied.

Will there be maintenance tomorrow????????

20 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update Lixil, appreciate that.

Tomorrow there will be maintenance?

Also.. a patch?

We all would love to know that.

I hope not, but even if there will be one, what are you gonna try to fix?

33 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah they do. Even huge game companies will have highly extended downtime for such a large infrastructure change.

I picked the wrong time to ask this question since this was not the best example.