Oakerly

Alienware FX Issues

Battle Eye currently blocks .dll's for Alienware FX, as well as a few other Alienware .dll's. 
I've had little luck solving my problem.
BE blocks two files for me.
08:38:37: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LightFX.dll".
08:38:38: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\LightFX\v4.0_4.0.51.0__bebb3c8816410241\LightFX.dll".

I believe that it was an issue with AlienwareFX, considering APB has a built in AlienwareFX setting. Disabling AlienwareFX has changed the file report to only.
08:38:38: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\LightFX\v4.0_4.0.51.0__bebb3c8816410241\LightFX.dll".

I hope that this was just an oversight from the team that implemented B.E. considering APB has AlienwareFX implemented into it's game as stated beforehand. I'll be trying to figure out a few solutions in the meantime.

My Anti-virus was disabled for all of this monkey business.
I run on Windows 10.

Edit : I fixed both of these issues. 
Disabling Alienware FX allowed be to go into my assembly/GAC_MSIL/LightFX folder and delete the .dll.
Doing this will basically remove any AlienwareFX on your PC, so if you like glowy PC towers, don't follow my footsteps.

Edited by Oakerly

I am also getting the same problem. Would be nice to have a solution that doesn't kill my lighting effects. I also have an Alienware computer. The game itself utilises these effects too. When you get opposition in game my keyboard/case would flash from red to blue in unison with the siren sound effect. Was pretty cool. Surely these files should be on the BattleEye whitelist?

AtJ4SP9.png

Edited by CombatMedic02

My assumption right now is that they forgot to 'whitelist' the .dll's for AlienwareFX, because those .dll's are probably read by APB still. (Because APB has AlienwareFX implemented.)
It's sorta' up to them to hotfix it, if that's the case.

Having the same problem here and I'm not going to delete my lighting effects :(

Company who made Alienware FX should update signatures for those dll

Why? Simple some hackers used those signatures to hide their hacks, Beye know about those signatures and blocked em without asking anyone and I totaly agree with em.

Dll blocks started from 2010 wanna play remove em or update em if there is update

Edited by Dahel

hopefully they will whitelist the dll's, if it isn't a problem for other games that use battle-eye, shouldn't be a problem for apb either. I will go ahead a create a ticket too. the more of us who reports the issue, the more LO see's that it is an issue to address. but yeah I have the same exact problem, and I am not about to kill all of my laptop's LEDs lmao.