NotZombieBiscuit

After Engine Upgrade

3 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

There will always be something to complain about no matter what.

Could be worse, your morning could start out like this:

giphy.gif

lol

😆

I plan to complain about Australians. 

See if I can start a thing like with the BRs and Russians. 

2 hours ago, Azhwrayth said:

After engine upgrade i willbe playing with my grandchilds.

Ah yes my favorite game, grandchilds

People in this thread still thinking Engine Upgrade will save the game and bring back long term population.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People in this thread still thinking Engine Upgrade will save the game and bring back long term population.

Except me, let's see.

16 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Im totally with u that the game is running like s... bad... and yea there is no new content.

But what even is the context in saying there is no engine upgrade needed?

Do you think ppl with RTX cards will say something like: "the game is crashing every 15min but hey there is new content so i'll restart the game every 15 minutes" 

maybe i just misread ur post (weil auch deutsch und so..)

dude i never said we Need no update xD

what i meant is that an update only doesnt help us.

we Need to get bugs fixed, and Content updates, new contacts, weapons, more permanent guns for ingame currency and also new map. otherwhise the old Players will not stay in the game.

18 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

dude i never said we Need no update xD

what i meant is that an update only doesnt help us.

we Need to get bugs fixed, and Content updates, new contacts, weapons, more permanent guns for ingame currency and also new map. otherwhise the old Players will not stay in the game.

U wrote: "we just dont need a new engine"

Dude the update WILL help that ppl who keep crashing for RTX bug!!! If we don't get the update they won't stay for new content if the game still crash... but yea u don't get that cuz u don't have a "new" PC...  

For me it is:

Proper running game > content...

What to do with content if the game doesn't run???

Edited by HighSociety

21 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

How is something that is going to fix all the problems still have problems?

As good as the engine upgrade will be i think you're a little bit too optimistic...

57 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

U wrote: "we just dont need a new engine"

Dude the update WILL help that ppl who keep crashing for RTX bug!!! If we don't get the update they won't stay for new content if the game still crash... but yea u don't get that cuz u don't have a "new" PC...  

For me it is:

Proper running game > content...

What to do with content if the game doesn't run???

lol you dont seem to understand me. I don't know if don't want to or if i just should translate into german.

Also you are only reading the stuff you want to read and you want to understand.

I will type in german for you so maybe you can understand what i mean.

"We just dont Need a new engine" sollte heißen, wie brauchen nicht nur eine neue engine ... Was hilft uns ein neues Update wenn es immer noch so viele Bugs gibt? Wir brauchen auch neue Kontakte und mehr Inhalte um das Spiel für die alten Spieler interessanter zu machen, da diese sonst über kurz oder lang das Spiel verlassen werden.

2 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

lol you dont seem to understand me. I don't know if don't want to or if i just should translate into german.

Also you are only reading the stuff you want to read and you want to understand.

I will type in german for you so maybe you can understand what i mean.

"We just dont Need a new engine" sollte heißen, wie brauchen nicht nur eine neue engine ... Was hilft uns ein neues Update wenn es immer noch so viele Bugs gibt? Wir brauchen auch neue Kontakte und mehr Inhalte um das Spiel für die alten Spieler interessanter zu machen, da diese sonst über kurz oder lang das Spiel verlassen werden.

I get u that "only" the engine will not help to motivate old players but like they stated so many times it is necessary to make new content... and possible new players with RTX cards can play the game with default settings again...  cuz now they can't. 

At the moment u have to grind the forum for the solution > set graphics to low.

And now german for u...

Ich versteh seit Anfang an was du meinst... klar bringt das update nichts wenn danach nichts kommt. Aber was wollen die leute denn mit dem tollen neuen content wenn das spiel nicht läuft??? 

It's not about the engine upgrade itself, it's a lot more about the new options that will open up once it does come out and is working properly. Working on the game will be easier and things like phasing will become possible, which in turn will improve matchmaking considerably. Even if the performance remained largely the same, it is still an upgrade long term. A lot of the systems and features that modern day games have now are not even supported on the engine of the current live APB. Expecting a miracle and a massive influx of players is unreasonable, we will surely see a lot of old players come back at least to try it out but the game won't get out of the gutter until it becomes more visually (and mechanically) appealing to new players than what it currently is. When there is a proper tutorial for new players that shows them the mechanics of missions and such. And also when it becomes impossible for them to face max rank veterans in their first 20-30 hours.

APB is still known for having one of the best customizations in gaming and I feel like it should capitalize on that, expand as much as the systems allow in the near future as it's been 10 years since we got what we currently have. I think there is potential there if work and effort is put in the right places (aka not riot).

We all really need to focus on the nitty gritty things that need work to get the game out of the hole it was left in by the old dev team and not any of the ambitious niche things that won't really do much for the game in it's current state, like the racing district for example or adding mini-games to Social. There will be a time and place for those in the future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

Ich versteh seit Anfang an was du meinst... klar bringt das update nichts wenn danach nichts kommt. Aber was wollen die leute denn mit dem tollen neuen content wenn das spiel nicht läuft??? 

that's why i wrote it's important to fix bug and glitches before doing an upgrade of the engine and importing all the stuff again or maybe even worse

Speaking only for myself , I'm only excited about the engine upgrade for the better graphics/Visuals, HQ Bloom similar to RTW/Early Steam(before Monte ruined the game look) new environment changes(seems to be alot of changes judging by the early photos). The current game now is so ugly and muddy and dark looking, its one of the reasons why the game is so boring to play ( If you're a graphics freak, you will understand).

But after it comes, well we need new maps, which isn't going to happen considering it takes 7-10 months to create a new map anyway, Asylum needs to be completed and IMO transform into a full map district, rather than a boring fight club arena. I wish the old threat system was coming back, but that doesn't seem likely, so the game will probably stay kinda boring to me after the engine upgrade shows up due for that reason, the old fun threat system never coming back.  So it will be fun for a while, but the devs hasn't even posted a let me be clear this time , "A full detailed laid out plan for the future for APB" (last post people acted dumb and didn't realized what i was saying about a road map).

Edited by LAPDAlonso

10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

They still think cheaters are the biggest issue of this game, are you surprised..

Just now, Lato said:

They still think cheaters are the biggest issue of this game, are you surprised..

Well duh. 80% of APB players cheat. KellyQ told me.

I'm gonna tell you what's happening after the engine update 

A big A$$ maintenance downtime 

At this point I don't really intend to come back to APB and I'm rapidly moving away from gaming as a whole. Still, I have been here so long that I want to watch the end, regardless of outcome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

At this point I don't really intend to come back to APB and I'm rapidly moving away from gaming as a whole. Still, I have been here so long that I want to watch the end, regardless of outcome.

In the same way I feel, although from time to time I like to enter and take a few games with the old-fashioned people here.

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Group hug?

APB Just needs some good management and proper advertising, For example, No Man's earth at some point had 1k players online, but now no man's earth with some good management turned into an actually good game, No man's earth current pop is 2k online players, but there are some up-hills in the pop after each patch, sometimes up to 30k online players, so APB Just needs a good management and proper advertising, the game should be re-built (fixing all bad codes and improving all other codes) and APB would then be popular again... yes, APB is an old game, but there's still hope...

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

should be re-built (fixing all bad codes and improving all other codes)

That's what engine upgrade will do tho, and much more