NotZombieBiscuit

After Engine Upgrade

So after the engine upgrade comes out, the game gets a little boost in players that will be no where near the amount you expect, then you all realise the problems and the population drops back to where it was. What will you whine about next?

What is the next level after whining for the false prophet of the engine upgrade? Please enlighten me.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So after the engine upgrade comes out, the game gets a little boost in players that will be no where near the amount you expect, then you all realise the problems and the population drops back to where it was. What will you whine about next?

What is the next level after whining for the false prophet of the engine upgrade? Please enlighten me.

Well i think that some of the old ppl will come back and stay, and some of them will go away again when they see that there's still very old bugs not fixed

also serverperformance is bad and i think that we'll always haveing Problems with laggs an stuff and that's also a Thing why Players Keep leaving the game

we just dont Need a new engine in the game or every 3 months a new gun, we Need Content, new contacts, a new district.

Why is riot not coming back? It was fresh and fun to Play, i liked it.

to make sure to keep the populetion  up and stable there few things that LO need to do 

1) to do a lot of Commercials about the game ( the engine upgrade) 

2) inform players about the news in there mails

3) bring new contacts so the players will have the ability to level up there chars 

4) open new parts in the game area ( new district / bring back the old beacon area ) 

5) change / disable bounty funetion in game 

for now this is what i have in my mind that im sure will bring back a lot people back and make the game much more enjoyable 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I sense a defeatist tone in your post. Please do not question this community's resolve, when it comes to knee-/circle jerk complaints.

Exciting forum times are afoot after the engine upgrade comes out!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Talking about stuff after the EU while we STILL don't even have a release date yet. :^)

Edited by Fasalina
ayyy

Little after that LO will sell the rest of the game so dont worry about the complainers..

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

2 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

we just dont Need a new engine

Well seems like u don't have a RTX card or u don't want to play with better than low settings 🤔

Edited by HighSociety

The engine upgrade won't fix what needs fixing for the game to be successful and by that I mean the gameplay. So we'll increase the numbers temporarily until everyone leaves again since the game is the same, just with engine work done for better performance and better dev workflow, which means, if the game survives long enough we can actually see changes.

• Thanks 1

It will not be wise to think that engine update will solve the game's problems.
Much more needed to be done before advertising the game. Some of them:

• Implement phasing to help matchmaking pick players from all instances of a given district
  • Matchmaking logic revamp and hiding of threat level
  • Active GMs that don't just hang out in social districts but enforce the EULA
Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Isn't the engine upgrade a "path" for them to be able to create more content though.So even if the EU comes up we have to wait even more for the new content to be created.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Hit boxes definitely need to be addressed sometime soon after the upgrade.

some fixes to missions and placement would help too.

graphics being improved here and there over time would help since most people like looking at nice things. (no need to try to do it all at once that's a big thing to do)

phasing , matchmaking ,and threat of course.

new mission types , new events , a proper achievement setup was mentioned recently on a different thread.

so many things really. plus people complain about anything so I'm sure these are only some of things people would complain about. ...... I mean look at Socks.... lol

22 minutes ago, scian said:

Isn't the engine upgrade a "path" for them to be able to create more content though.So even if the EU comes up we have to wait even more for the new content to be created.

This is the answer. Engie Uppie is just the beginning but there could be a 15 minute unskippable video explaining that every time the game starts (but at least we'll get the OG title screen right guys?) and it still won't stop Zombie's prophecy coming true.

• Like 2

Its really great to see people  talking about the game and im not the only one as i thought. I agree with most of you about the problems that they should focus first in order to atract more people or bring back the old ones. We all need to see something new, like a new district , contacts( that you already annouced and there is nothing around yet), and a lot more rather than engine upgrade and graphics. Of course they should start from something and they chose the engine upgrade( ye it takes more time than we expect but we alrady wait years for that) More time means that more people will lose their patient and im about too. Give us something new as a motivation and new rewards until you are done with Engine upgrade that is your main goal. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, eelaaa said:

they chose the engine upgrade

They didn't chose... they need to do it first or they have to grind thru the code twice... 

Edited by HighSociety
Typo
  • Like 1

I'd like a rework of pretty much everything

The grind in this game is limited and dumb;

Threat system is dumb;

Tutorial shouldn't be an option;

The graphics sucks(console version looks terrible) and it's OLD;

New maps are needed not a new BR mode nobody cares about;

Social district needs a rework aswell so you don't have to walk for minute to change your themes or whatever you wanna do.

These are the basics if you don't want an 8 year old game to shut down, but i'm pretty sure LO is not capable of doing that..they don't have enough resources. Also this forum is so laggy, my reply gets posted twice

Edited by Lato

-better constantly updated anti-cheat system, by constantly I mean daily, not weekly, monthly or once per year as it was case with Battle-eye

-fix the lag (hopefully that will happen with new change of provider currently ongoing)

-new contacts, new district, new content

-automatic system that doesnt by default turn off all available districts from the list for newcomers. Like this, player who started to play APB 1 hr ago, plays few mission, gets thrown on silver district and i give him exactly 1-2 missions before player says fk this i am outta here, judging the fact he ll get opposed vs triple gold max ranks with all mods and armas weapons, while new player posses star and calabria with spawn mod.

In other words fix the threat system so that actual silver who started to play today dont get thrown at silver district, rather at bronze district. (wont be easy there either due to fact of dethreaters, but at least at bronze he ll ve chance to win....at silver districts...it literally gonna be ktnxbye this game i just installed.

- we dont rly need new engine just for better graphics, we need it so that APB can more or less cope with games from this century. (so its necessary but it shouldnt be priority atm. If we waited 10 years we can wait 1 more year)

If you dont adapt to new age you extinct, and thats gonna be APBs destiny if this engine wont come by the end of next year.

As i was explained, everything would be way more easier regarding any new content added to the game. From clothes, weapons, cars,  to maps which can be bought from auction house for new engine. That would save tones of time and APB would not need 8 months to add something new, rather it would be weekly if LO decides so.

So basically you want APB to live, imo take your time at delivering engine and focus at more important killing population facts such as lag, cheaters and mm. 

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina
  • Like 3

No Forbidden Areas and no OOB or timers out of map, PLS bring back exploring :c

@Lato Threat system is fine , i would rather play with normal players instead of macro unskilled players that after 8 years maybe more of this game they are still hacking cause they are bad. And ye its part of the threat system , imagine gold players ( "veteran") level players against silvers come on thats insane.

About social , a rework would be a great idea, new things are always welcome 🙂
About grind, the whole situation about cops trying to stop criminals who robbed shops to make money is a great scenario ( i guess they can provide more than that) but not change the main scenario.

@Kitty Yekaterina ye they have to focus more on details for how about the game works rather than the engine upgrade, cheaters and lag make people leave the game or even the 10-15 new players that they are trying to join the game just quit cause of that!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Well seems like u don't have a RTX card or u don't want to play with better than low settings 🤔

seems like you are just reading the stuff you want to read and ripping anything of it's context ... GEEGEE

Do you even know what the stuff means you copied?:  we just dont Need a new engine - FÜR DICH NOCHMAL AUF DEUTSCH: WIR BRAUCHEN NICHT NUR EINE NEUE ENGINE ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

seems like you are just reading the stuff you want to read and ripping anything of it's context ... GEEGEE

Im totally with u that the game is running like s... bad... and yea there is no new content.

But what even is the context in saying there is no engine upgrade needed?

Do you think ppl with RTX cards will say something like: "the game is crashing every 15min but hey there is new content so i'll restart the game every 15 minutes" 

maybe i just misread ur post (weil auch deutsch und so..)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Racing District, obviously!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

There will always be something to complain about no matter what.

Could be worse, your morning could start out like this:

giphy.gif

lol