Blackace-RD

What unpopular weapons you would tweak/buff or fix to make it enjoyable

Instead of forgetting,leaving there in the locker or saying " i dont use that weapon because i have a better option",  if you have an idea to tweak/fix or buff an unpopular weapon that few people use,  to make it competitive, feel free to write them here.

since u said unpopular weapons, i would buff thumper tbqh..

JOKE

Edited by Uhtdred

I'd buff the s-as pdw, it's honestly one of the most disappointing weapons in the game.

spitballing here:

• all EOL variants should have 2 open slots and all grenade types should explode on impact rather than having a fuse timer, this would move them away from being "opgls but shittier" and give the guns a clearly defined niche - if they still underperform then perhaps the windup timers can be adjusted (but not removed imo) as necessary
  • osmaw should receive a hard damage buff proportional to the vehicle health buff from a few years ago (and the volcano mechanics should be altered but thats a different discussion), allowing it to one shot (1600 hard damage) or almost one shot (1550 hard damage) heavy vehicles 
  • ocsp variants should be changed to 6stk and ttk should be an even 1s, if that proves to be too effective then bloom per shot can be slightly increased
  • tommy gun (m-1922) should have the recoil curve mechanics removed, recoil should still be fairly heavy but consistent 
  • misery ttk should be decreased to either .8s/.85s (other stats adjusted as needed) and range should be increased to either 55m/60m respectively 
  • aces smg should have lower bloom per shot and lower max bloom
  • aces rifle should also have lower bloom per shot, and lower ttk to a flat .7s
  • issr-a should have ttk decreased to .75s (other stats adjusted as needed)
  • scout should have no sprint delay
  • norsemen should have drastically increased accuracy or a lower ttk, something around .75s
  • frenzy should be 6stk, other stats adjusted to maintain .69s ttk
  • shredder should have a range increase to 30m or a ttk decrease to .8s
  • vas-c2 should have 3 open slots
  • act44 and rsa should have further accuracy buffs
  • snub nose (snr) should have ttk reduced to .75s at the cost of massive bloom per shot if fired at max rof- basically the "fan the hammer" mechanic the harbinger supposedly has
  • sas pdw should receive an minimal accuracy buff
  • sbsr repost
On 8/9/2019 at 12:09 PM, Solamente said:

get rid of the recoil curve

reduce movement penalties to nssw/euryale levels 

pick a weapon class - either make the irs identical to the coroner and move both into the rifle category or make the coroner identical to the irs and move both into the sniper category, otherwise we’ll always have an issr-a/issr-b situation where one variant completely replaces the other

depending on which weapon class is chosen, damage (and range) can be altered:

-if snipers then damage should remain the same, hard damage should also remain the same

-if rifles then damage should be increased to 400 but range should be lowered to keep effective range primarily the same, hard damage should remain the same or be buffed slightly to further push the sbsr into an av niche within the rifle class

• bullshark repost
On 9/16/2019 at 9:59 PM, Solamente said:

bullshark has no real reason to exist aside from trying to get 2 burst meme kills on easy opp, maybe just rework it entirely?

the blue mod, curved magazine can stay imo

the red mod, burst avalanche should lose its stupid name change to: barrel modification - these barrel adjustments allow the weapon to fire bursts faster, at the cost of burst speed and increased recoil. smaller caliber bullets need to be used to stop the barrel wearing out with the increased throughput.

• slower fire interval, something around .1-.11s
  • faster burst interval, down to .05s
  • slightly decreased damage, around 143 per shot (429 per burst)

if i did my mental math right (fingers crossed) this should leave the bullshark as a 7stk but bring the ttk down to .7-.76s - essentially pushing the bullshark into more of a burst fire AR/rifle hybrid niche, which at least seems more "legendary" than a subpar obir,

numbers can be played with if overdamage allows for too much range

also probably an unpopular opinion but i think we hit "too many guns to effectively balance" in apb a while ago, and i think some weapons should be turned into reskins instead of trying to balance them

• rabid should be an nssw reskin
  • curse should be an aces rifle reskin
  • oblivion should be an issr-b reskin
  • harbinger should be an act44 reskin
  • mountie series should be sas pdw reskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, Solamente said:

I'd rather this as a NSSW reskin.

Also I like the rabid as it is - as long as you treat it as an AR with extra bullets and not really an LMG. Also if it was to become an NSSW reskin, would it lose its ability to be used out of a car window? I know it's a really small niche, but having a large-mag weapon that can be used out of a car window is rather handy during the whole 3 times a week some car vs car gunplay actually goes down. 

What I'm saying is that the NSSW and RABID, although to "play like the pros" I've been told to just treat them both like ARs, I feel that they're currently too different for one to be made into a simple reskin. I'd rather see the RABID fill it's niche (or be given one) more effectively than just being a copy-paste of a different weapon. And I know APB isn't exactly true to the IRL weapons it uses but the AUG and the RPD function completely different too, a slower firing, heavier hitting, and weighty RABID just doesn't feel right imo.

That said I much prefer the NSSW to the RABID because the NSSW is an LMG that can be used as an AR/Carbine, so it is a heap more versatile, while the RABID is just an AR with extra boolets. I honestly don't know how to improve the RABID but I just don't think it needs a personality transplant just yet.

EDIT: I know jack about guns, but on calibre alone the RABID matches the VAS SW2 (both use 5.56) whereas the NSSW and Degtyranova use 7.62. If reskinning was the only option, make the RABID a VAS reskin - they're both sexy bullpups afterall.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Solamente said:

act44 and rsa should have further accuracy buffs

They have already got accuracy that made them insanely good. 

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

frenzy should be 6stk, other stats adjusted to maintain .69s ttk

Rather than making it 6 STK, which would make it probably the best gun in the game mid-range, with a TTK of .575, i'd increase damage to just below 6 STK (so you can use Heavy Barrel and keep your TTK), whats your opinion about that? 

rabid should be an nssw reskin

I agree with this

issr-a should have ttk decreased to .75s (other stats adjusted as needed)

I would like that the weapon should be reworked and make it a normal assault rifle, like,  a real AS-val, but yea those changes are nice if that isn't possible

shredder should have a range increase to 30m or a ttk decrease to .8s

I like the ttk  one

Edited by blackaceRD
typo

53 minutes ago, Solamente said:
  • bullshark repost

I also feel like the point of JMB weapons is not to make them "good" weapons, but unique ones. None of those legendaries are really supposed to be OP but more standard guns with a little bit of a personally defect that makes them more fun to play than a sweaty-player's wet dream. I honestly think that last change to the red mod was the best change to happen to the bullshark. 

FFA users on the other hand...

30 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I know jack about guns, but on calibre alone the RABID matches the VAS SW2 (both use 5.56) whereas the NSSW and Degtyranova use 7.62. If reskinning was the only option, make the RABID a VAS reskin - they're both sexy bullpups afterall.

but the vas sw2 is an nssw reskin, i'm confused now 

24 minutes ago, Lign said:

They have already got accuracy that made them insanely good. 

and i think they could use another slight buff

22 minutes ago, blackaceRD said:

Rather than making it 6 STK, which would make it probably the best gun in the game mid-range, with a TTK of .575

you literally quoted the part where i said the frenzy's ttk would remain the same

5 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I also feel like the point of JMB weapons is not to make them "good" weapons, but unique ones. None of those legendaries are really supposed to be OP but more standard guns with a little bit of a personally defect that makes them more fun to play than a sweaty-player's wet dream. I honestly think that last change to the red mod was the best change to happen to the bullshark. 

legendary weapons aren't supposed to be op (and i've suggested they be renamed to something other than "legendary" before) but that doesn't mean they can't be good and/or have their own niche

a burst fire weapon that plays like an assault rifle is plenty unique imo

• Thanks 1

Honestly i feel like the nfa-9 could use an ever-so marginal change. I like that its a high ROF pocket mac whos major downside is simply controllability and running out of ammo, so i'd argue to give it a further ROF increase, a bloom / crosshair decrease, and a proportionate increase to vertical recoil to balance out the fact it has some newfound strength. 

It's one of those guns that i have consistently found myself thinking about using because i love it, but after a few minutes of internal debate, scrapping the idea of even leasing again. 

i also feel like the aces series could use a similar tweak, but one that's focused a little differently... something to bring it juuuust up to par.

there's plenty of guns in this game that need just a little extra zest, but that's just what ill put down for now.

• Like 1

Colby M-1922 'Big Chopper' has the variable recoil I want removed.

Joker SR15 is a close/mid range gun but the Marksman FoV is too tight at 40 degrees.  Would like to see it increased to 45 or 50.

ACES SMG/Rifle is weird, low kills/mag, tends to clip dump too fast, very difficult for me to play.  I'd like them to have -1 STK and +0.05 fire interval to keep the TTK nearly the same but have more spray time.

DMR needs -40% vertical recoil.  I literally run out of mouse mat dragging down every time i try to use it.

EOL launchers would be more fun with the windup timer removed

8ball/halfbrick capacity should be increased from 3 to 7 like the snowballs.  This would offset their low effectiveness and the disadvantage of carrying no real nades.

bullshark's progessive burst pattern should be reworked/reverted to old 4 shot burst.  Its a slow, inconsistent, and ineffective item.  I was playing with the idea if I'd like a variable 1-8 burst with depending on how long I clicked, while the burst interval was still the same.

fr0g should be a sidegrade to the FBW.  the -66% range and -33% ammo capacity is not a fair trade off for +10% damage.  I don't have a suggestion but it really should be looked over.

issr-a would be more attractive with a lower run/sprint/jump penalty more in line the the issr-b.

mountie could do with a faster reload

HVR hipfire penalty and scope in damage penalty is too harsh and as half-baked as the variable recoil of the m1922 and variable burst of the bullshark.  I want it gone.

Norseman / Bizon has some properties such as variable bloom/recoil/ammo that make them inconsistent and/or unpredictable which are things to be avoided, in my opinion.  Just remove the variability and come up with another quirk such as a unique crosshair, recoil pattern or whatever.

S-247 Oblivion has way too long of sprint delay after firing (0.73s), which is longer than the fire interval.  If it were lower it could seriously increase mobility.  More than the walking movement accuracy bonus, which is either a bug, or bad design.

S1-FA 'Frenzy' / Manic / Rabid has more of the variable recoil stuff that make them inconsistent and/or unpredictable (same as Bizon).  I feel like they would be fine with a recoil rework like the SWARM lmg/misery AR

SBSR has an unusable recoil pattern in my opinion.

VAS-C2 should do something better than the OCA.  I havent had much experience with it but my impression is that it is just an OCA that has -1 STK and slighty increased tapfire accuracy in exchange for having to exclusively use marksman mode like the M1922. 

I'm reserving judgement on any shotguns.  They have dismal balance and are supposed to be reworked soon enough.

just a footnote: I have no confidence anything ever gets better for this game, in terms of fun-factor or gameplay balance.  The reason?  Corporate bureaucracy.  There are no game developers or anybody with real vision working on APB.  Just middle-managers and IT yes-men.  And now that Micro$oft and $ony have set up bandwagon they are unlikely to do anything that would affect their revenue stream.  Which is kind of ironic, because the whole ecosystem is set up to squelch creativity and innovation- things APB encourages players to explore with it's deep customization.  But make no mistake about it: APB 3.5 is all about encrypting digital assets, licensing removing any freedom / rights of players pertaining to the 'game', and finding new ways to exploit the playerbase, which is the only real product.  But no-one ever reads the ToS.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bumrush79 said:

their revenue stream

i feel like you're vastly overestimating how much money apb hauls in, especially just on consoles

5 hours ago, blackaceRD said:

Instead of forgetting,leaving there in the locker or saying " i dont use that weapon because i have a better option",  if you have an idea to tweak/fix or buff an unpopular weapon that few people use,  to make it competitive, feel free to write them here.

Tin Solider.
Odin.
Harbinger.

• Snub needs a shorter ttk, like 1 second flat or something, and a bit better accuracy...
  • The non legendary Mounties should have better base accuracy then bloom
  • Fang needs to lose IR3 so we can't backstep on the nerf a tad
  • CSG needs.... to be fixed.
  • Make the Misery not have a confusingly long ttk 
  • Tommy gun with a bit less insane recoil would be nice

(I'm sure there's alot more but I just don't own that many of the bad ones)

1 hour ago, foolish ninja said:

strife increased RoF

Literally no.  Contrary to what one might think, a buff to its fire rate makes the gun less entertaining and amusing.

• Like 1

There are many unused weapons that need some love...

But i also want qs AND my jumpshot scout back! It was perfectly balanced 🤙

Edited by HighSociety

Norseman - Reduce TTK to ~.75 for a start, increase ROF? or reduce STK. I'd prefer increased ROF honestly

Tommyguns - Reduce recoil in marksmanmode (like the s1na does but more drastic)

SBSR- Reduce the recoil gained per shot by 1/4 to 1/2. (It's insane that recoil doubles per shot making it impossible to manage after 3-4 shots as a sniper)

Cobra - Slightly less max bloom to start

Harbinger Pistol - slightly increase damage, reduce bloom from firing "slightly"

C-2 - Slightly less max bloom from firing, or increase base accuracy and give it a few more shots before it hits max.

Aces - increase mags by ~8-12 rounds. Reduce their random recoil slightly in marksmanmode

Frenzy - 6 STK, the 7th shot tends to be an outlier and often makes it unreliable, either that or further bloom/recoil adjustments.

Merged.

15 hours ago, bumrush79 said:

Colby M-1922 'Big Chopper' has the variable recoil I want removed.

Joker SR15 is a close/mid range gun but the Marksman FoV is too tight at 40 degrees.  Would like to see it increased to 45 or 50.

ACES SMG/Rifle is weird, low kills/mag, tends to clip dump too fast, very difficult for me to play.  I'd like them to have -1 STK and +0.05 fire interval to keep the TTK nearly the same but have more spray time.

DMR needs -40% vertical recoil.  I literally run out of mouse mat dragging down every time i try to use it.

EOL launchers would be more fun with the windup timer removed

8ball/halfbrick capacity should be increased from 3 to 7 like the snowballs.  This would offset their low effectiveness and the disadvantage of carrying no real nades.

bullshark's progessive burst pattern should be reworked/reverted to old 4 shot burst.  Its a slow, inconsistent, and ineffective item.  I was playing with the idea if I'd like a variable 1-8 burst with depending on how long I clicked, while the burst interval was still the same.

fr0g should be a sidegrade to the FBW.  the -66% range and -33% ammo capacity is not a fair trade off for +10% damage.  I don't have a suggestion but it really should be looked over.

issr-a would be more attractive with a lower run/sprint/jump penalty more in line the the issr-b.

mountie could do with a faster reload

HVR hipfire penalty and scope in damage penalty is too harsh and as half-baked as the variable recoil of the m1922 and variable burst of the bullshark.  I want it gone.

Norseman / Bizon has some properties such as variable bloom/recoil/ammo that make them inconsistent and/or unpredictable which are things to be avoided, in my opinion.  Just remove the variability and come up with another quirk such as a unique crosshair, recoil pattern or whatever.

S-247 Oblivion has way too long of sprint delay after firing (0.73s), which is longer than the fire interval.  If it were lower it could seriously increase mobility.  More than the walking movement accuracy bonus, which is either a bug, or bad design.

S1-FA 'Frenzy' / Manic / Rabid has more of the variable recoil stuff that make them inconsistent and/or unpredictable (same as Bizon).  I feel like they would be fine with a recoil rework like the SWARM lmg/misery AR

SBSR has an unusable recoil pattern in my opinion.

VAS-C2 should do something better than the OCA.  I havent had much experience with it but my impression is that it is just an OCA that has -1 STK and slighty increased tapfire accuracy in exchange for having to exclusively use marksman mode like the M1922. 

I'm reserving judgement on any shotguns.  They have dismal balance and are supposed to be reworked soon enough.

just a footnote: I have no confidence anything ever gets better for this game, in terms of fun-factor or gameplay balance.  The reason?  Corporate bureaucracy.  There are no game developers or anybody with real vision working on APB.  Just middle-managers and IT yes-men.  And now that Micro$oft and $ony have set up bandwagon they are unlikely to do anything that would affect their revenue stream.  Which is kind of ironic, because the whole ecosystem is set up to squelch creativity and innovation- things APB encourages players to explore with it's deep customization.  But make no mistake about it: APB 3.5 is all about encrypting digital assets, licensing removing any freedom / rights of players pertaining to the 'game', and finding new ways to exploit the playerbase, which is the only real product.  But no-one ever reads the ToS.

Fr0g is honestly one of my favorite pistols, and while it acts similar to an FBW, its "better than" under 10m and "roughly equal to" up to 15-20,  the kokoe has a much better equip time to boot. I actually like it as is and wouldn't touch it even after maining it for a needed cqc pistol for years.

The timer is to increase the eol ttk as they are explosives, while they would be fun without the timer, they would likely be forced to increase the shot timer or make other adjustments to damage and ammo for proper balance.

The HVR penalty is to prevent qsing, sadly, unless they completely prevent 3ps3 from being put on HVR, it'll likely never be reverted to how it should be.

I like the 8ball/brick suggestion tho.

I like the Frenzy/stic series and have little issue handling them. S1na is one of the most powerful SMGS as well. Frenzy is slightly sub-par and could use with a 6stk, but the Stic is pretty effective as imo, though i'd probably adjust its bloom slightly, rather than recoil.

SBSR does need a verticle recoil adjustment

Edited by Noob_Guardian

20 hours ago, Solamente said:

spitballing here:

• all EOL variants should have 2 open slots and all grenade types should explode on impact rather than having a fuse timer, this would move them away from being "opgls but shittier" and give the guns a clearly defined niche - if they still underperform then perhaps the windup timers can be adjusted (but not removed imo) as necessary
  • oblivion should be an issr-b reskin
  • harbinger should be an act44 reskin
  • mountie series should be sas pdw reskins

2 open slots yes, no not all grenade types should explode on impact, you still have a quicker reload times with the EOL series compared to the OPGL, the windup timers should be removed entirely.

Rapid, Oblivion and Harbinger should be as they are,  buff them to some extent, i don't really want more reskins as i already own NSSW, Oblivion and Harbinger.

Edited by xHenryman90x

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

2 open slots yes, no not all grenade types should explode on impact, you still have a quicker reload times with the EOL series compared to the OPGL, the windup timers should be removed entirely.

Rapid, Oblivion and Harbinger should be as they are, maybe buff them to some extent, i don't really want more reskins as i already own NSSW, Oblivion and Harbinger.

if the EOL line remains as fuse timer grenade types there's never any reason to use them over the opgl, windup timer or not

i'm not dead set on turning established guns that people (myself included) have purchased into reskins, but in the end i think it would be better for overall balance to do so instead of trying to cram them in somehow - that will result in two situations imo:

1. these weapons will continue to be underused trash because they're too similar to other, better weapons (e.g. current mountie series vs current UL-3 series)
  2. these weapons will overshadow similar weapons because the only way to make them different is to overbuff them (e.g. current AMG series vs shaw)