blockblack

These bugs should be fixed...

There are some bugs in APB that are sticking here since the release of the game, These bugs literally been here for like 7~8 years now and still not fixed... here are some examples of the vehicle Physical bugs:

-Car exploding when getting under a phone box

-Car exploding when getting between traffic poles (these poles that prevent cars from getting into buildings and some areas)

-Car exploding when getting under a bridge or other tight areas

-Car exploding when the the 2 right wheels are on the ground and the 2 left wheels are on a wall at 45 Degrees

Here are examples of weapon Physics bugs (only shotguns are bugged):

-Shotgun damage sometimes be way too low even though all of the shots hit the target in a close range, Shotguns have very unrealistic Physics and Brust size (shot radius) simply, Shotgun Physics should be improved instead of nerfing it...

Hitbox bugs:

-Inaccurate hitboxes

-Sometimes hitboxes don't respond to hits even though the player is not disconnected (it is a very rare case but I noticed it before)

Client Side bugs:

-Co-drivers hearing Nitro Booster sound all the time even though it is not activated in some cars that have Nitro Booster mod

-Car Vinyls and designs and textures for some cars appear really messed up and teared and un-clear and some areas look like metallic white chrome

-Seeing some white textures appearing for Particles of a second and some flickering textures for some GPUs

-Having some sudden FPS drops even though the PC Performance is stable and the player is not in a moving state

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this is the list of the bugs that I have personally noticed, some people haven't noticed these bugs so they may dis-agree with me... this is just my personal list, so it's a matter of opinion

Edited by blockblack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have noted so many more and alredy sent out with support tickets, they said were going to fix these, but no date about what that is going to happen.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

I have noted so many more and alredy sent out with support tickets, they said were going to fix these, but no date about what that is going to happen.

Probably after engine update, I keep telling GMs about it and they say it is currently very hard to fix until the figure out the code spaghetti gamersfirst left.

How about the (in)famous speeding car exit glitch everyone who knows the mechanic can consistently reproduce?

25 minutes ago, blockblack said:

needs a breakable phone box to replace.

-Car exploding when getting between traffic poles (these poles that prevent cars from getting into buildings and some areas)

havent had this happen and havent heard anything so iono

26 minutes ago, blockblack said:

-Car exploding when the the 2 right wheels are on the ground and the 2 left wheels are on a wall at 45 Degrees

car freaked out from physics engine ? but yeah needs a fix

26 minutes ago, blockblack said:

-Shotgun damage sometimes be way too low even though all of the shots hit the target in a close range, Shotguns have very unrealistic Physics and Brust size (shot radius) simply, Shotgun Physics should be improved instead of nerfing it...

already scheduled to be worked on

28 minutes ago, blockblack said:

-Inaccurate hitboxes

-Sometimes hitboxes don't respond to hits even though the player is not disconnected (it is a very rare case but I noticed it before)

Little Orbit mentioned they will be working on this. i believe they may need the engine upgrade to fix this properly. not sure but these may be the same bug

29 minutes ago, blockblack said:

-Co-drivers hearing Nitro Booster sound all the time even though it is not activated in some cars that have Nitro Booster mod

30 minutes ago, blockblack said:

-Car Vinyls and designs and textures for some cars appear really messed up and teared and un-clear and some areas look like metallic white chrome

-Seeing some white textures appearing for Particles of a second and some flickering textures for some GPUs

-Having some sudden FPS drops even though the PC Performance is stable and the player is not in a moving state

APB has always had  lag issues from not being  optimized plus Little Orbit is currently working on networking.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Probably after engine update, I keep telling GMs about it and they say it is currently very hard to fix until the figure out the code spaghetti gamersfirst left.

Well, is not difficult to know that, sadly also 😕

38 minutes ago, Bambola said:

How about the (in)famous speeding car exit glitch everyone who knows the mechanic can consistently reproduce?

What is that glitch?

We should start a forum section for bugs. 

That kind of thing would be really helpful. 

/s

• Like 1

What is that glitch?

You can see it here.

half of these aren’t even bugs

2 hours ago, blockblack said:

Car exploding when getting under a phone box

these are all the same issue, it’s the result of the vehicle hitbox being subjected to a situation that it judges to be massively/continuously damaging - your car is crushing itself between immovable objects 

it may not make sense for the car to explode, but that’s a gameplay design choice and it’s not like shooting a car until it explodes makes sense either

this could probably be “solved” by smoothing out or extending the hitboxes of immovable objects but then you’d end up with invisible barriers that don’t line up with the visible objects

Here are examples of weapon Physics bugs (only shotguns are bugged):

-Shotgun damage sometimes be way too low even though all of the shots hit the target in a close range,

these are the same “bug”

all weapons suffer from poor hit registration, it’s caused by low tick rate servers and poor net code 

Shotguns have very unrealistic Physics and Brust size (shot radius) simply, Shotgun Physics should be improved instead of nerfing it...

another gameplay design choice, and one that’s used in almost every other shooter

shotguns can’t have 50m range and still be balanced in apb

i do think shotgun range is too low atm but you have to remember that their limited range is the only downside shotguns really have, every extra meter of range you allow makes that downside less and less significant 

-Inaccurate hitboxes

this is a deliberate design choice to allow for apb’s extensive customization, if hitboxes were the exact size of your character then a majority of people would use the smallest skinniest character customization possible

• Like 1

Dont forget if there is a big car spawned u cant spawn another one next to it

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blockblack said:

Ah, the old "making a phonecall". Dont fix this, please. For nostalgia reasons. 

I mean look at the bug reports sections lol

There's even exploits being posted there, but it's pretty much like no one reads it.

8 hours ago, Solamente said:

this is a deliberate design choice to allow for apb’s extensive customization, if hitboxes were the exact size of your character then a majority of people would use the smallest skinniest character customization possible

what if we make not optimal person size = move slower design then.

kinda like real life. what do you think? iono I'm just asking.

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

what if we make not optimal person size = move slower design then.

kinda like real life. what do you think? iono I'm just asking.

no

On 11/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Solamente said:

no

don't want to talk about it? OK I wont pry and bother you.

if you change your mind though I'd like to hear your input.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

don't want to talk about it? OK I wont pry and bother you.

if you change your mind though I'd like to hear your input.

putting literally any thought into your own suggestion would allow you to understand that it's no different from forcing character size to affect hitboxes

Canister with gasoline in crime equipment LVL IV texture must also be fixed/  

+++ death phones lost billions of missions to people

On 11/22/2019 at 7:05 AM, blockblack said:

that is extremely specific. have you recreated that one?

9 hours ago, Solamente said:

putting literally any thought into your own suggestion would allow you to understand that it's no different from forcing character size to affect hitboxes

sigh

maybe i wanted to do reverse psychology to get you to talk to everyone more...

On 11/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, Ketog said:

I mean look at the bug reports sections lol

There's even exploits being posted there, but it's pretty much like no one reads it.

Ye well, There's only one problem, No one, Like No one, Not a single soul reads the bug section as if it's forbidden to look at or something, so I had to post it here to get at least a little attention...

On 11/23/2019 at 10:25 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You've got a weird definition of what a bug is.

if it's not a bug, then what is it? a feature?

On 11/24/2019 at 3:47 AM, Tappey said:

+++ death phones lost billions of missions to people

Haha true, The death phone box once made me lose a witness mission for 58k APB$ when I was Prestige 4, I literally almost had 90k+ APB$ But because of that bug I ran into a phone box on a turn by mistake and then my car exploded and then the spawn system was the unluckiest thing ever, I got spawned 400 meters away from the cash stash that I have to pick up, but then the Criminal arrived there before me and took it and took his vegas 4x4 to his Laundry and then he won...

ALL BECAUSE OF THAT BUG

On 11/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, Helix Reloaded said:

that is extremely specific. have you recreated that one?

No, But I just saw people exploding their cars that way...

On 11/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, SalomaLeal said:

and cheeter is bug? pls deleite cheeter bug

Cheaters are not bugs, Cheaters are like the nerve gas that if you breathe you will quit APB for good...