MattScott

Pardon our mess - new District Servers coming online

Hi all,

This week we began staging networking infrastructure with an entirely new provider.

This includes new district server hardware based on the west coast, east coast, and Europe.

Please bear with us.

We are trying to keep the downtime at a minimum while this is being staged, but we have an aggressive timeline to get entirely cutover by Nov 25th.

I'd rather plow through this and get it over with, versus having some rambling effort that takes months to complete.

For the next week, we will have periodic windows where systems will be unavailable.

@Lixil will do her best to make announcements on the forums.

EDIT: We are still working on the world consolidation. We hit some extremely frustrating blockers once we built our proof of concept.

The strategy has shifted to worlds that can seamlessly loan their players/characters to other worlds, giving us the same end result of NA - EU cross play.

EDIT: District servers for the West and East coast will be consolidated under the Jericho world. For now, players will be able to choose them off the advanced list.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Understandable. I'm hyped for NA East to come back yeet. I'm guessing the servers aren't going to be consolidated yet? Some info on when that's happening would be nice (just sayin)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Understandable. I'm hyped for NA East to come back yeet. I'm guessing the servers aren't going to be consolidated yet? Some info on when that's happening would be nice (just sayin)

its the start of the cloud type structure i'd think

44 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This week we began staging networking infrastructure with an entirely new provider.

This includes new district server hardware based on the west coast, east coast, and Europe.

Please bear with us.

We are trying to keep the downtime at a minimum while this is being staged, but we have an aggressive timeline to get entirely cutover by Nov 25th.

I'd rather plow through this and get it over with, versus having some rambling effort that takes months to complete.

For the next week, we will have periodic windows where systems will be unavailable.

Thanks,
Matt

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

I feel like this is supposed to be pinned...

I agree please pin this - too important

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Please bear with us.

EDIT: We are still working on the world consolidation. We hit some extremely frustrating blockers once we built our proof of concept.

The strategy has shifted to worlds that can seamlessly loan their players/characters to other worlds, giving us the same end result of NA - EU cross play.

EDIT: District servers for the West and East coast will be consolidated under the Jericho world. For now, players will be able to choose them off the advanced list.

Thanks,
Matt

Nice to hear that, so yea, something is being moved finally, can't wait to see this consolidation done.

I will keep an eye out then for new announcements.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

District servers for the West and East coast will be consolidated under the Jericho world. For now, players will be able to choose them off the advanced list.

This is nice

This schedule is extremely tight and doesn't leave space for any mistakes / omissions.

Last time you worked with tight schedules, when the old datacenter was booting you out, it backfired badly.

I hope this to pan out nicely but I truly believe that you shouldn't leave it for the last possible moment again.

• Like 3

eastcost jericho? F YEAH

Edited by LilyV3

I logged on Jericho. I did not see any East/West District. Either I'm blind or they are not implemented yet. 

after nov 25 we get this new threat districts for the new matchmaking or this will happen later?

4 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

after nov 25 we get this new threat districts for the new matchmaking or this will happen later?

There is no mention of that, so I would assume that things like that will happen later. 

Lets not go too quickly ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HappyMandy said:

sounds like more laggs/buggs are incoming

Definetely

From what I understand, they just move to another datacenter provider that will host the new district servers.

No new functionality will come out of this by the 25th, except the new districts running from the new locations.

New exciting things will come, this change is the necessary pavement for them but not the actual thing yet.

Will social district and fight club will be one server or at least social district should be just one server.

58 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Is it now on one server?

??

why? it says 25th

Are these servers going to perform better and be more stable then these relics that are currently struggling to handle APB?

On 11/20/2019 at 1:06 AM, MattScott said:

Are you now working on a world consolidation based on the "loan"-model, or is that an interim solution?

are we big enough to get our server subforums back yet