Sign in to follow this  
Spy

Blocked from loading: AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.dll

Getting this message when I try to boot up the game:

[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery\v4.0_4.0.49.0__bebb3c8816410241\AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.dll".

I've got:

• Genuine Windows 10, fully updated
  • Latest framework installed
  • Anti Virus disabled (when playing)

Any suggestions why it's not working?

Hmm, APB does use AlienFX for lighting.  Are all Alienware systems going to have this issue?  At work right now so I didn't get a chance to start the game yet.

Had the same problem. The only fix I found is to delete my ROCCAT program for mouse settings. Updating drivers didn't help.

• Thanks 1

Battle eye blocks alienware files and will not let you launch the game. See here: https://puu.sh/ABsaF/3c193f98ab.png These can be on your PC because of the Alienware Command center or other software. Solution: Step 1: Uninstall the program/software that uses Alienware, Alienlabs or AlienFX. For me it was my roccat kone xtd mouse software. Step 2: Delete the Alienware,AlienFX and Alienlabs .core folders associated with the program, it should be in: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL Battle Eye will show you the path to the blocked files too, so go there if they're not where mine were.(ändrad)
3c193f98ab.png?width=400&height=162

That will allow you to boot into the game again.
  • Thanks 1

I've got a ROCCAT mouse as well (Tyon). Did you uninstall completely or will editing through msconfig do?

Edit:

Never mind, got it. Thank you both, +1 lads!

Edited by Spy

Hey Spy!

Have you tried uninstalling the applications/deleting the files that are getting blocked?

Try deleting:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery\v4.0_4.0.49.0__bebb3c8816410241\AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.dll

Edit: i see that this has been taken care of. Thanks guy! 

If anyone else is having any issues with Battleye please refer to this page

You may find your problem and the fix for it via that.

• Thanks 1