Ellix

Connecting consoles and PC

Do you think it will be a good idea to connect PC and console players?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will be a good idea to connect PC and console players?

• Yes - I think the console APB version would benefit from cross - play
    • Yes - however there should be segregation ( Console players should be able to chose "Console only districts")
    • No. I think it's a bad idea

So I was watching a Playstation stream of APB.

Since I don't own a console I can't really say anything about the state of the game there..However

From what I've seen the place is quite dead especially for new players. There is no-one to play with and get opposed to.

Also there is no advanced district select feature which means that you can't really see where players are atm.

I was thinking - Call of Duty does cross-play and it works quite well

What if APB had cross-play once the versions of the game will be unified?
Do you think it will help the game or make console unplayable for new player because old PC veterans will stomp them

Thoughts? 

Inserting what was said in the September Q&A regarding Cross-play:

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=1h15m31s
Q: Is there going to be cross-play between all consoles and the PC or just between consoles?
A:  This is a complicated topic. One is that's not something we get to decide uni-laterally, we have to work with Sony to get approval to cross-play with PS4. With Microsoft it's not a problem, we do have to code for it. There's some extra requirements that we have to adhere to to get the approval but they give the approval it's fine. Here's where I'd like to go with that. One is, I would like the console players to play on the same district servers as the pc players. That's really just an internal thing for us to make sure that our entire network is sort of homogenous. We can host any match on any server or maybe even one Xbox district on a physical bare metal server next to a PC district, next to a PS4 district. Right now every environment is totally unique and there's a lot of infrastructure that we have to keep up and running to make that happen. Secondarily, I think it'd be great to, once we get phasing in, if we simply locked Xbox players in to playing other Xbox players then we can have them running around social we, we could have them interacting. We could even have them in a district along side PC players and I think that would be a lot of fun. I have some hesitation obviously about matching Xbox players and PC players, there's a bit of work we'd have to do for that. I think having that level of cross-play, certainly in social would be fantastic and certainly if Sony wants to jump on board there then I think we'd love to support the same for PS4.

Kemp: I think the social one would be the best starting point, because if we can have all the players at least meet each other and meet some of the veterans that have been playing on PC and maybe get some trades off as well to get some of the unique items from PC that they've had for years. I think that would be really nice.
Matt: I think it would be nice, because for the Xbox players they don't have as much design and symbol ... it's much harder to do, so having access to that ecosystem where a PC player can design something and trade it off to an Xbox player would be really cool.

So it looks to be something they are looking at for the future. The way it's outlined seems the fairest (imo) while giving them the option to benefit from the PC players's vast experience

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 1

Imagine the controller tears.

I'm not opposed to it though as long as it is handled like CoD is, where you can choose whether you want to play combined or not.

Yea consoleros need the option to choose crossplay on/off.

Would be nice and maybe bring some Xim boys to the PC districts.

• Like 1

Jesus haven't the console players been abused enough?

Now you want to have them face PC players?

You folks are mean.

• Like 1

This was the most exciting thing about the Q&A for me as an old PC player, who is now a ps4 player. I dont think I'd really enjoy fighting PC players too often but if you could choose whether you want to or not I'm down. Merging social on the other hand would just be amazing. I miss everyone from PC, and being able to interact with them in game would be sooooo awesome. If they could do a cross platform marketplace, well that would be awesome too.

If console apb got merged onto PC, at least the Brazillians and Russians would have people they could actually kill in missions without having to cheat haha do it complete the circle of life!

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Jesus haven't the console players been abused enough?

Now you want to have them face PC players?

You folks are mean.

Console scrubs need to know their place in the food chain.

Sure, but even if you do that, it would be unfair for them because APB was never designed for consoles in the first place. Playing shooters on a console is really dumb as it is, if you put them against players with monster PCs who use mouse and keyboard, it would be like playing in green district for us. Even if you do it, don't force them to play against PC users if they don't want to and don't force us to play against console players either because it'd be boring for both sides. You can have the cross-platform thing as an option but do not force anyone into it under any circumstances.

Also, knowing how complicated APB is as it is, it would be a waste of time and resources spent on adding a feature almost no one would really use in the long run.

• Like 1