Sign in to follow this  
Donjae

New! bounty poll

THEY SHOULD REMOVE THE BOUNTY THING FROM THE GAME ?   

106 members have voted

1. 1. THEY SHOULD REMOVE THE BOUNTY THING FROM THE GAME ?

• Yes, its not help in anything only ruin others in missions
    • No but it need to change
    • Keep it how it is

hey everyone 

as many of you know the bounty thing in game , a lot people that become to be bounty have the ability to kill others people even if they are in other missions that the bounty NOT part of it and that can and indeed already ruin missions for others only cos someone that not even part of the mission .

i think LO need to remove the bounty thing from the game due its not really help in any part of the game .

a player become to be bounty in middle of mission and EVERYONE that not even part of his mission can killed him and by that ruin the mission or even make him loss a mission .

as bounty you dont really get something much ( not even money like in the old days ) 

the people that do kill a bounty also dont get anything really ( or not much at all ) 

so i think its time ask our community if most of you want to remove / or replace the bounty thing with something else .

vote and lets see what our community feel .

• Like 2

have prestige/notoriety reset at the start of every mission, remove the minimap star, and heavily punish players for killing n5/p5 players of the same faction 

fixed 

• Like 2

Yes, its not help in anything only ruin others in missions

uh while i firmly believe it needs to be tweaked , it does help with letting random support help against being dominated by someone during the mission.

i do not believe the first option is the truth because of it , but suspect people who say this would be the ones who keep getting bountys instead

Matt already confirmed that it'll likely be disabled in the future which is the correct thing to do as its been incredibly unhealthy for the game for all these years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unpopular opinion, but I think that it should stay the same. It makes missions more interesting... At times infuriating, but overall more interesting. Yeah, it can shift the tides of a mission but I think that's the point of the bounty; if you get it, you've been performing super well, so the game gives the opposing team a hand in beating you. While it's not perfect game design, I think that it is fine how it is. The max it would need is maybe a change to how frequently you p5/n5.

• Like 6

Did I ever tell you... did I tell you... did I mention that one time my mission was completely ruined in overtime by a player, of the same faction, whom I already did not care for much FRIcking chasing me down when I went 5 star, teamkilling me entirely unprovoked, and still to this day I will hold this grudge, you are a rude toxic troll of a person, unamed sir, and I do not forgot!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think that it should stay the same. It makes missions more interesting... At times infuriating, but overall more interesting. Yeah, it can shift the tides of a mission but I think that's the point of the bounty; if you get it, you've been performing super well, so the game gives the opposing team a hand in beating you. While it's not perfect game design, I think that it is fine how it is. The max it would need is maybe a change to how frequently you p5/n5.

When u play good enough to beat the opp u must be rewarded for that. Being killed by a stubborn silver that chases you all mission long and kills u after 312435. attempt and ruins your mission that u try to win and waste your time for is not a reward at all. It makes you quit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just make it so if you hit p5 during a mission it won't start until the mission finishes. Ez done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just make it so if you hit p5 during a mission it won't start until the mission finishes. Ez done.

Who needs such changes when you have masquerade mask

• Like 1

I kill every bounty I see because i am tired of getting killed by a bounty of my same faction

• Like 2

I feel it should be removed because as someone stated before if you work hard to dominate in a mission that you put all this effort into why have some random bot ruin your streak that you worked hard for? If you need someone to go n5/p5 just to try and win you need to work as hard as the guy dominating you and maybe you can win. But having a system that punishes you for going off and playing well is stupid.

• Like 1

I think it would be better to have the prestige 5 if it happends only during the mission locked for the same ppl in the mission and make the player with the prestige 5 a way more increased rewards for doing the mission tasks, killing, etc.

Thats an idea

Other thing could be simply to removed the prestige lvl and make it into daily bar of lvl of how much you been playing during the day and keep the multiplier bonuses till the day ends and gain extra joker tickets, cash or standing every single stage till lets say level 5 in that way without becoming a bounty of course.

Lvl 1 = jtc 

Lvl 2 = cash

Lvl 3 = standing for the last contact u just received the mission from

Lvl 4 = jtc + cash

Lvl 5 = jtc + cash + standing

Always keeping the multiplier bonuses on scaling by lvl as usual, till the day ends and it resets to Lvl 0 of course this replacing the prestige lvl and becoming a bounty 

Since ppl get some money killing bounties having these bonuses i think it would be better

How would you trigger the prestige 5 in a district, i dont know, how about after being mvp for the next 3-5 missions conssecutivly u became a bounty for the opposite faction that way u jump out of the mission and u can fight :L unless ppl agree on totally removing becoming a bounty 

Note: im just throwing random ideas :L

Edited by MissaHolloway

23 hours ago, Solamente said:

have prestige/notoriety reset at the start of every mission, remove the minimap star, and heavily punish players for killing n5/p5 players of the same faction 

fixed 

There is more of an issue of N5/P5 killing random players to lose their wanted status.  For enforcers the punishment forndefending yourself and killing a P5 is losing all your prestige.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Donjae said:

hey everyone 

as many of you know the bounty thing in game , a lot people that become to be bounty have the ability to kill others people even if they are in other missions that the bounty NOT part of it and that can and indeed already ruin missions for others only cos someone that not even part of the mission .

i think LO need to remove the bounty thing from the game due its not really help in any part of the game .

a player become to be bounty in middle of mission and EVERYONE that not even part of his mission can killed him and by that ruin the mission or even make him loss a mission .

as bounty you dont really get something much ( not even money like in the old days ) 

the people that do kill a bounty also dont get anything really ( or not much at all ) 

so i think its time ask our community if most of you want to remove / or replace the bounty thing with something else .

vote and lets see what our community feel .

Voted: "No but it needs to change".

I find the Prestige system unique to APB. Removing it makes the game more dull. To me, going in that direction is no different from making only those in a mission be in their own independent district, completely isolated from people (griefers, etc). People feared this when phasing was first announced. Simply makes the game feel more empty and boring.

Currently, the most money in magnitude can be made from arresting N5s:

unknown.png

Barebones, this amount isn't that bad (comparable to an entire mission reward), but the real reward is the Cop becoming Prestige 5 themselves to follow it up with no bonuses for any additional efforts.. Arresting is encouraged-behaviour for Enforcers hence it builds up the prestige-meter pretty darn fast! But like you said, bounties don't get more rewards for continued work like in the days of old. It is even worse because arresting criminals in rapid succession doesn't have its own version of blitzerkieg medals. Lining up stunned-criminals to arrest them with Cuffmate 4 equipment isn't any more rewarding than isolating them 1 by 1. Doing this at Prestige 5 by default isn't any more rewarding either... Combine this with the fact that LO is too lazy to at least Band-Aid-patch busted-weapons such as the nfas and you get Enforcers who never like to fight uphill-battles with Less than Lethal weapons, let alone streak with them Prestige 5. It is a fun-flex (yes, you can outstun an nfas), but that is where the fun ends. There is no real-reward for actually being good at the game. More of a reason for players to just play with busted weapons that won't get balanced before Q3 of 2021.

Of course, as a Lethal Enforcer/Criminal, the reward for killing P5 is about half of this without any additional bonuses for continued cleaning/monstrosity to the city (pretty okay amount for starters). Like you said, it just flags for death without any additional bonuses (at the present time, this is okay. nfas-weaklings don't deserve more cash for using a busted-weapon. Might buff their rewards after weapons get fixed).

P5/N5 should give rewards for streaks, but it should diminish quickly for being idle or camping for an opportunity to farm to prevent abuse for cash (think how the meter goes down when AFKing in social, but make it like 30 times faster).

Removing this system isn't the way to go. Just make it rewarding again

#MakePrestigeGreatAgain

#LTLMasterRace

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And allow them to only attack people out of missions. Make the entire P/N system entirely out of missions,

Ez done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

There are usually two situations where one gets a bounty.

You either stomp your opposition hard in which dying once just prolongs their misery for one more stage to be farmed.

Or you have a prolonged equal matchup with good balance where people reach bounty solely on the length of the mission leading to one side inevitably being screwed over towards the crucial finish.

In both cases it doesn't provide any positive reinforcement.

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What's the point of that? So you can kill an afk player at spawn a couple times? Would be just an obsolete feature considering the amount of players in a district (minus in mission)

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

And allow them to only attack people out of missions. Make the entire P/N system entirely out of missions,

Ez done.

Sounds good to me.

Is too bad you'll never be able to experience it that way yourself. You know with never hitting p5/n5 and all.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Sounds good to me.

Is too bad you'll never be able to experience it that way yourself. You know with never hitting p5/n5 and all.

Why do you think I hate the system so much?

piQKwXR.gif

the bounty system is fine as it acts as a way to balance missions.

Talk to your contacts before/during a mission to drop your notoriety if you are crim.  Enforcers, not sure there is a way to drop your prestige other than blowing up a lot of cars and killing NPCs.

APB has never been about isolating yourself from others in the district.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, illgot said:

APB has never been about isolating yourself from others in the district.

And how has that worked out for APB?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

And how has that worked out for APB?

do you actually think that the current state of game and its low population is all because players were killed at P5/N5?

yeah, I'm sure that's why people quit.

Edited by illgot

7 hours ago, illgot said:

do you actually think that the current state of game and its low population is all because players were killed at P5/N5?

yeah, I'm sure that's why people quit.

I wish that was the game's only problem.

But to say something shouldn't change because its always been that way is just a lazy argument, especially with a failed product. In fact, given APB's history of failure, something always being that way is actually a good argument that it SHOULD be changed.

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I wish that was the game's only problem.

But to say something shouldn't change because its always been that way, is just a lazy argument, especially with a failed product.

it doesn't need to change.  It helps balance the game, especially now that our population is less than 100 players in mission districts during prime time.

Without N5/P5 you would have players with a much greater skill level dominating every game against those with a lower skill level.  The bounty system interrupts one sided fights and allows the lesser skilled team a chance to complete an objective once the top opposing player is taken out by randoms.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this