Lato

Shut it down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-49740155/the-cheat-hackers-ruining-gaming-for-others

Read this a few months back and is an interesting read. I'm guessing it's bad in any online PvP competitive PC game.

I ended up buying an Xbox one and you can clearly see the difference especially with people using only a controller. I'm guessing

PC gaming is screwed at the moment including greedy AAA developers.

5 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

"cheat hacker"

Lol, was about as interesting to read as any other hyperbolic anecdote. 17 yr old kid telling some old dude he makes thousands by being a leet "cheat hacker" and he's like, "omg no way" and does a magical "survey" saying 1/3 of every player is using cheats in some way to gain advantage.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:51 AM, Saxtus said:

I hear you, however we had cheaters when APB was pay2play too.

We need LO to be more active in action districts.

I guess you weren't here years ago when G1 had Good GM's who were let go and fired from the company , some of them fired for doing their jobs for banning cheaters, one of them was suspended or my guess punished lol because as a request by me and other GM's from other companies / one GM who work for me in my Clan follow these cheaters for weeks to get proof, and submitted proof to him about 4 cheaters and he gets called out on it for banning them. it was a whole video about it on youtube, but i think someone removed it. ,  one was fired for using dev tools(he was allowed too, he is allowed too) and he was reported by cheaters, the cheaters get to the stay but they fired that GM. LO GM's? who lol. I only see two staff employees posting.

Edited by LAPDAlonso

1 minute ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I only see two staff employees posting.

i prefer to just do my work in peace without having to post on the public forums. i'll leave that to our mods and the staff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ComFeyer said:

i prefer to just do my work in peace without having to post on the public forums. i'll leave that to our mods and the staff.

Well, i was referring to online GM's in the game watching, tracking and banning hackers. But good to know there's more GM's around. On a personal note, the cheaters in the game isn't the problem for me, i can deal with them, I'm just ready for the engine upgrade, mostly for better graphics, bloom back in the game, etc. Sorry but the graphics/visuals in the current game look muddy and at night there's no bloom , its hard to enjoy the game lol.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Saxtus said:

I hear you, however we had cheaters when APB was pay2play too.

We need LO to be more active in action districts.

The big diference is that there is profit for every cheater making a new acc.

I said this in the past: shut down, re open with b2p (buy acc), enforce anticheat and we will play.

The problem is that they cant make this game interesting, as i long complained. Someone who doesnt enjoy playing games -a wide range of games- cant never manage, and shouldnt, one.

16 hours ago, ComFeyer said:

Watchout, someone is too important to post in public forums.

Merged.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-49740155/the-cheat-hackers-ruining-gaming-for-others

Read this a few months back and is an interesting read. I'm guessing it's bad in any online PvP competitive PC game.

I ended up buying an Xbox one and you can clearly see the difference especially with people using only a controller. I'm guessing

Sadly.

I could say that playing online filled my life. I still enjoy offline games but is not the same to share stuff with others.

I experienced gaming with afriend for long periods, chatting, facing challenges and those beautiful moments are printed in my head and will remain until the end of my days.

Death to cheaters.

Edited by Azhwrayth

8 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

On a personal note, the cheaters in the game isn't the problem for me, i can deal with them, I'm just ready for the engine upgrade, mostly for better graphics, bloom back in the game, etc. Sorry but the graphics/visuals in the current game look muddy and at night there's no bloom , its hard to enjoy the game lol.

sooo... why are you asking for the gms to be posting more

8 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Well, i was referring to online GM's in the game watching, tracking and banning hackers.

well, he is one

On 11/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

it's even worse in f2p for obvious reasons

eh. i mean sure. but then you have the people playing with kb/m on console. is that cheating? i don't think so, they do get a big advantage. it's not plain unfair such as hacks... but.

3 hours ago, neophobia said:

sooo... why are you asking for the gms to be posting more

well, he is one

it's even worse in f2p for obvious reasons

eh. i mean sure. but then you have the people playing with kb/m on console. is that cheating? i don't think so, they do get a big advantage. it's not plain unfair such as hacks... but.

I wasn't asking for GM's to post more. I was just making a reply to the person i quoted and telling him that to combat the hacker issue, have GMs in the game to get rid of them. That's really the only real solution to the problem to make things more at ease. But if you know how to deal with the cheaters, they shouldn't bother you as me much. Me personally, i think its funny , that a player sucks so bad at a game that he has to use cheats to win, doesn't solved anything in the long run, just making that person look like a fool.

meh...guys, just blame Tiggs already...done.

Blame Tiggs from something happening now?

Interesting logic...

On 11/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, Evagelyne said:

"cheat hacker"

Lol, was about as interesting to read as any other hyperbolic anecdote. 17 yr old kid telling some old dude he makes thousands by being a leet "cheat hacker" and he's like, "omg no way" and does a magical "survey" saying 1/3 of every player is using cheats in some way to gain advantage.

Enlighten me, oh wise one 😂

I'm sure you must know the proper percentages of the problem. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Ok. That's the point I was making.

16 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

26 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Ok. That's the point I was making.

G1 gave stats after they silently launched Fairfight and afaik, thats the only stats ever given.

-the number of cheaters who log in to the game stayed pretty constant around 1.2% of all players (some of which were re-rolls). Inversely 98.8% of players in APB played on a daily basis without any trace of any cheat

-60% of the players banned in this sample were paid players

(For comparison, about 10% of the monthly unique players in APB make a new purchase in the game in any given month)

-On a cumulative basis about 30% of all players playing the game have paid money for something at some point during their account history.  So in simple terms, paid players turned out to be 2X over-represented in the initial ban sample, compared to the APB population as a whole

-paid players who were banned had on average 260 hours of play time in the game, had played for over 1 year, and had on average spent $180 on virtual goods

All these stats are from 2014, and this was the only time stats were given.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, Lato said:

save your money LO

Yesterday I also wanted them to do this. When they blocked my account for what I did not do.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, gordIsMyName said:

why? where else would all the people who invest time and money in hacks and cheats be able to play?

seriously though, i tried missions yesterday in citadel. it was absolutely horrible.

bots everywhere.  so many rerolled players who are just there to ruin it for everyone.

constant griefing. people at car renders that just explode and shoot cars as you try to render and leave.

harassment in the chat. toxic things that just shouldn't be going on that create a horrible community experience.

it's not a matter of "shutting off chat". the issue is that this stuff makes a player base of people who are not conducive to the game existing.

it would be nice to see something done about it. the fact you see all the rerolls is a good thing meaning players are indeed getting banned. but they are coming back and just making a mess of things.

How many times have I fucking posted this same exact thing but more to the point and not so nicely?

Im so sick of fucking repeating myself on the forums, there is no longer a point int giving a fuck on something that will never happen lmao.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Lato said:

save your money LO

Hmm if they shut it down wouldn't it be us who would save the money?
:classic_biggrin:

Edited by LilPurple