Lato

Shut it down

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Back on topic: Sure lets shut down the game entirely so that people can finally stop complaining about every single useless thing and actually move on with their life.

But... then they would have to shut down the forums as well...

xIDNg42.gif

Edited by AsgerLund

11 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

if you want the game shut down, you dont plan on playing anymore.

if you dont plan on playing anymore..

give me all your money and items.

if you dont want to/'cant', then you just made a useless post.

I don't like doing charity, get a job

On 11/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, Bambola said:

This pretty much sounds like everyday APB experience and it's been like that for years now. 

And well, the complaints, reasonable or not, at the same as well.

Means nothing changed, which is nice, otherwise it wouldn't be APB we got used to.

No seriously, citadell is a hell hole compared to jericho. I play on both and its REALLY BAD lately (since the halloween event ended) on citadel. And the difference between soeone botting and someone playing good is very visual over there. Mostly because hardly anyone hides it anymore. LO really needs to do something.

• Like 1

Maybe APB is in auto-pilot until:

• Engine Update
  • Server consolidation
  • Instance phasing
  • Matchmaking revamp

happens?

Edited by Saxtus

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Maybe APB is in auto-pilot

If that sentence won't set off a G1 PTSD-triggering flashback, then nothing will.

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

Pay to Play

/Solved.

yeah that would shut apb down really quick

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Solamente said:

yeah that would shut apb down really quick

lets guess i am a game whale (oh wait, i am ! also with only my 60kg)

and guess where i could spend a lot of money ; yes in APB.

and you know that a whale have a lot of friends, and what happens if a potential whale meet the F2cheat users in the same district?

oh yes, maybe the potential whale unistall after 3 match.

let's image something different, whale go in a district without F2cheat users and enjoy the game, the customitation and the tons of stuff bought with real money.

Hey, the game is save now! and without F2toxic around!

TLDR:  2+2= 4 , but also 2*2 is 4, that's doesnT meant that + is equal to *. (+users =! *money)

TLDR2: do you like have so many cheaters around?  

6 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

But... then they would have to shut down the forums as well...

And such a way to stop developing new veterans, right?  🙄

rerolls aka not allowed to make new characters once you've hit 255

32 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

lets guess i am a game whale (oh wait, i am ! also with only my 60kg)

and guess where i could spend a lot of money ; yes in APB.

and you know that a whale have a lot of friends, and what happens if a potential whale meet the F2cheat users in the same district?

oh yes, maybe the potential whale unistall after 3 match.

let's image something different, whale go in a district without F2cheat users and enjoy the game, the customitation and the tons of stuff bought with real money.

Hey, the game is save now! and without F2toxic around!

TLDR:  2+2= 4 , but also 2*2 is 4, that's doesnT meant that + is equal to *. (+users =! *money)

TLDR2: do you like have so many cheaters around?  

if you want to see how a b2p game discourages cheaters (hint: it doesn’t) look at csgo - despite being a b2p game for years it’s infested with cheaters so they added a second b2p barrier and that’s full of cheaters too, even the highly invasive esea and faceit communities have cheating problems 

that’s not even taking into account how many people would even be willing to buy apb upfront in the first place, forget $60 i’d bet most potential players wouldn’t even be willing to pay $15 just to play apb in its current state - at that rate even if every active player bought apb it wouldn’t be enough to pay for a single devs salary 

and you seem to be suggesting that players would have to buy apb and then still have to pay for armas content via microtransactions

you are aware that’s the exact business model that’s getting massive negative pr in the gaming industry at this time right? maybe it’s just me but i don’t think apb needs another negative perception for reviewers to latch onto 

in the end making apb b2p might get rid of cheaters but only because no one would be playing (or paying), cheater or legit

Edited by Solamente
typo

6 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Pay to Play

/Solved.

If they write the complete game new, on a better engine, without the bugs and put it on proper servers... hey than i'd totally buy it! 

i'd also pay another 25 bucks to transfer the stuff from my account to "APB: ReReloaded"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

If they write the complete game new, on a better engine, without the bugs and put it on proper servers... hey than i'd totally buy it! 

i'd also pay another 25 bucks to transfer the stuff from my account to "APB: ReReloaded"

too bad they sold the ip so they can't make a new game xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

17 minutes ago, Solamente said:

too bad they sold the ip so they can't make a new game xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wanna invest some money on my new game studio "reReloaded productions" ? 

😂

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

if you want to see how a b2p game discourages cheaters (hint: it doesn’t) look at csgo - despite being a b2p game for years it’s infested with cheaters so they added a second b2p barrier and that’s full of cheaters too

Idk what you are playing, but CSGO is far from "cheat infested".

Valve probably has the resources to actively maintain a good anti-cheat system while LO surely doesn't. The Prime system is hurdle for cheaters that is also not to be underestimated.

But you are right. B2P may keep more cheaters away, yet it may prevent new players to try it out aswell. No new players = no new income = no financial resources for anti-cheat shield. 

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Idk what you are playing, but CSGO is far from "cheat infested".

Valve probably has the resources to actively maintain a good anti-cheat system while LO surely doesn't. The Prime system is hurdle for cheaters that is also not to be underestimated.

But you are right. B2P may keep more cheaters away, yet it may prevent new players to try it out aswell. No new players = no new income = no financial resources for anti-cheat shield. 

Fun little video about cheating and CSGO.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:14 AM, Kevkof said:

Sure lets shut down the game entirely so that people can finally stop complaining about every single useless thing and actually move on with their life.

😄

Edited by TheMessiah

When someone did that "what makes one a veteran" or whatever the topic was, where ppl could vote on the hours spent, it started to make more sense why I've been not sure if some ppl are cheating or not. If someone has 5000 hours more than you do, of course it'll feel like being cheated on, since they know everything backwards and forwards by heart... I just keep sucking with all the guns with my miserable 2,5k hours, most of them during beta and early release, so no wonder I can't beat some of the folks as it turns out they have like 7k or 10k or even more hours than that in the game...

(I remember reading an essay somebody wrote about stuff, where it was mentioned that 10k hours of practice at pretty much anything will make you one of the best in the world at that, regardles what "that" is, unless you're like handicapped or something)

Edited by Chinook

10 minutes ago, Chinook said:

(I remember reading an essay somebody wrote about stuff, where it was mentioned that 10k hours of practice at pretty much anything will make you one of the best in the world at that, regardles what "that" is, unless you're like handicapped or something)

iirc its ten thousand constructive practice hours is considered as mastery for almost any activity 

On 11/15/2019 at 5:14 AM, Kevkof said:

Maybe you should look up what that word actually means. Not every single image that has jews on it is antisemitic.

Back on topic: Sure lets shut down the game entirely so that people can finally stop complaining about every single useless thing and actually move on with their life.

Are you sure about it? Do you even know for what antisemitic purposes is that image used?

Edited by Azhwrayth

2 minutes ago, Azhwrayth said:

Are you sure about it? Do you even know for what antisemitic purposes is that image used?

are you even jewish or are you just getting offended for other people like a busybody 

1 hour ago, Azhwrayth said:

Do you even know for what antisemitic purposes is that image used?

I googled it anyways, and yeah turns out some use it for antisemitic memes.

-The Goyim Know / Shut It Down-

"The Goyim Knows, also known as Shut It Down, is a catchphrase used to impersonate and mock jews and the conspiracy theories arround them, as a goyim (non-Jewish person) has discovered a Jewish conspiracy, so the Jews shut the conspiracy down to prevent the "truth" from being exposed. The catchprases are often used as captions on images of jews talking on a phone or a handheld transceiver."

Edited by CookiePuss

53 minutes ago, Solamente said:

are you even jewish or are you just getting offended for other people like a busybody 

Because they dont let me do the same.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Azhwrayth said:

But he didn't use it with a antisemitic purpose, calm down.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

I hear you, however we had cheaters when APB was pay2play too.

We need LO to be more active in action districts.