Sign in to follow this  
Visionaireh

Theme Removal

INALOE but AFAIK it's tolerated and probably part of the reasons why they're being awesome and working on getting us a beautiful Mute Themes button. 

The only issue is the hassle of having to do it almost every time there is a patch, or whenever it does a scan of your game folders and FWIW if there is something spoopy with your files, EAC won't let you into the game but don't stake your account on my behalf, it only happened to me once when I was replacing APB_Catcher and once they fixed that from doing it's cloning trick EAC spun into gear and wouldn't let me do it again. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Themes should be played only after matches, MVP's theme.

Ehhh... i enjoy my killing theme when it comes to epic (phonebox) suicides 😜

But yea a mute function after the engine upgrade wouldn't hurt.

alternative suggestion that doesn’t break any rules - get good, that way you never die and always get mvp

11 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Ehhh... i enjoy my killing theme when it comes to epic (phonebox) suicides 😜

But yea a mute function after the engine upgrade wouldn't hurt.

there is kinda a mute button for it atm, but we only have 50 slots for it atm so you would have to mute them during the begingin of the match and unmute them after (aka putting them on ignore)

its how i mute themes, but also it makes the able to not pm me saying how much i suck and shouldnt be playing in silver , or how much they think im a cheater for playing in bronze, so it works out for me to just place them on ignore

Edited by ShaiShai
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

there is kinda a mute button for it atm, but we only have 50 slots for it atm

Those limitations don't exist anymore, this was changed by LO. I'm quite sure that i have more than 50 players ignored due to toxic behavior, some of them use these forums.

7 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Those limitations don't exist anymore, this was changed by LO. I'm quite sure that i have more than 50 players ignored due to toxic behavior, some of them use these forums.

still moot, as it will fill up if you forget to uningnore them after the match, like sometimes i wait 3 matches before unignoring them this way they still cant pm me right after the match, then sometimes i forget completely and it fills up, then i would have to go unignoring all those

Do you have guy like play Apb on max volume or something? 

Are themes really that annoying to you?

I play Apb on low volume so I can't relate.

11 minutes ago, darok70 said:

All themes to me sound like Casio keyboard demo songs, so regardless of volume, they suck.

Here's to hoping for a simple box we can check to turn themes off come 3.5

Save us the trouble of having to delete the instruments.

19 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

there is kinda a mute button for it atm, but we only have 50 slots for it atm so you would have to mute them during the begingin of the match and unmute them after (aka putting them on ignore)

its how i mute themes, but also it makes the able to not pm me saying how much i suck and shouldnt be playing in silver , or how much they think im a cheater for playing in bronze, so it works out for me to just place them on ignore

200IQ play right here. Seriously, that's a good idea to at least for now, prevent unwanted ear (and basically any other) no-no.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

12 hours ago, darok70 said:

im sorry but when your not as skilled as the rest of the players in silver district and keep dieing over and over , it gets annoying to hear

"yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, yo, hay, wanna get busy?" over and over

I wish I could give plays with a nice theme a little something extra, like a "Player has a nice theme 10% bonus to rewards" button.

As ShaiShai said, not everyone is great at the game and hearing that piano fall down the steps, or that grunting guy having  intercourse with a said piano falling down the steps, or "hey hey hey *grunt grunt grunt* yo yo hey hey ugh, Get outta here" 15 times a match is just plain annoying.

I nearly always LTL, so I do tend to get killed a lot

themes are part of apb. dont like them? just mute your pc. problem solved

33 minutes ago, postalgril said:

not a good idea to not know team mates are being shot at and from what direction....

40 minutes ago, postalgril said:

I think you mean just delete the instruments folder. 

Since all themes sound like they were made on an 80's Casio keyboard, that's what I do. 

46 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think you mean just delete the instruments folder. 

Since all themes sound like they were made on an 80's Casio keyboard, that's what I do. 

haha or that

i actually dont mind the themes, some are really creative and cool and i get legit jealous i dont have the talent some of the creators do 🙂

58 minutes ago, postalgril said:

i get legit jealous i dont have the talent some of the creators do 🙂

Same

When I go into the music kiosk I just stare at it with my mouth open like a simpleton for like 10 minutes, then go "nope" and do something else.

45 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Same

When I go into the music kiosk I just stare at it with my mouth open like a simpleton for like 10 minutes, then go "nope" and do something else.

i've tried a few times

if you got a monkey and taught it to just press random stuff it would produce something better than i did 😂

i kinda agree some can be a little obnoxious tho, or annoying if you hear the same one over and over and over

but i think banning themes all together from game is a bit OTT. 

1 minute ago, postalgril said:

i've tried a few times

if you got a monkey and taught it to just press random stuff it would produce something better than i did 😂

i kinda agree some can be a little obnoxious tho, or annoying if you hear the same one over and over and over

but i think banning themes all together from game is a bit OTT. 

Ive always been more of a chainsaw guy than a scalpel guy.

Sign in to follow this