Helix Reloaded

Masquerade Mask (M/F)

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Another item lost, perfect.

Hey, you wanna be a collector in APB? You can't. Cit. LO

Exclusive items given out only for nerds who watch the forums 24/7.

Depression Mode: On

PS Who thought that was a good idea need to think better in the future.

Nvm right? They will put it on ARMAS and who ever didn't got it free, well.. you know alredy the answer. 😂

Sleep is for easily depressed poosies.

.... aaaand, some codes were given out in Financial district, according to a post above. So I could go further down the tongue-in-cheek path with a "you snooze, you lose", but in all reality, getting a redeem code is purely a question of luck. That's how unannounced limited give-aways work, and at least it's better then diddly squat.

2 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Sleep is for easily depressed poosies.

.... aaaand, some codes were given out in Financial district, according to a post above. So I could go further down the tongue-in-cheek path with a "you snooze, you lose", but in all reality, getting a redeem code is purely a question of luck. That's how unannounced limited give-aways work, and at least it's better then diddly squat.

oke

There are so much new content in the game that let's make a new item and make it exclusive by giving it away  without announcing it 

Also the financial event I think it was killing the gm which the same as a giveaway basically 

LO decisions surprise me everyday more

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RCooper said:

There are so much new content in the game that let's make a new item and make it exclusive by giving it away  without announcing it 

Also the financial event I think it was killing the gm which the same as a giveaway basically 

LO decisions surprise me everyday more

Can't you just let the masks be special?

...sheesh

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Can't you just let the masks be special?

...sheesh

No, because they ruined alredy so many others, so why not keep going with this? 🙂

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Another item lost, perfect.

Hey, you wanna be a collector in APB? You can't.

PS Who thought that was a good idea need to think better in the future.

u really care about that mask? 

I'm missing STAR LCR 'old glory' (some ppl got that one on PC... i think innova accounts) and VBR 'temptress' (i missed to exploit it like most ppl).

I'd instantly buy bothy from Armas!

7 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

I got mine in Financial, and so did a couple others. They were giving the codes out in every district.

Oh great. That was announced somewhere or it was just random GM going "Oh, hey's let's fuck majority and give some random peps exclusive clothing piece"?

Hint: It wasn't announced, I look at forum every second day at least.

And now for what is my major problem with this random giveaway:

Basically you fucked everyone who might wanted that item. If not for Helix I wouldn't be even aware it was given away.

Way in which you do that giveaway is insulting. I sit few weeks on RIOT to max out contact - you made this rewards go on ARMAs - so you wasted my effort. I was okey with that. I sit next week on Halloween to get new Halloween items - you made this rewards ALSO go on ARMAs - again, wasted effort. I was okey with that. And now you do some random hour, random time giveaway of ONE code for which there will be always some fucker lurking so pretty sure little chances of catching it or even about fact that we as humans - have other responsibilities than sitting here all day and even if not - there are some needs which won't fulfill themselves - like sleep. So, I hope you now continue tradition of fucking other with exclusives and put it on on ARMAs as well? No? Then withdraw exclusive shit I collected from ARMAs, now.

I'm OKEY with exclusives. I'm OKEY with free and new items. What i'm not okey with is when I'm not treated fairly in the end.

NOW it's alright to have unique fucking item, right? Fucking joke. But in past it wasn't.

I was angry at how LO handled AA. But this? This trumps AA because in AA you got genuine chance. Or at least illusion of it (I hoped AA gonna be held proffesionaly, not like parent telling his brat to stop kicking some nerd and brat still kicking him anyway). It was announced. Here it's just blatant pat on everyone else but players. - No announcement, we learn about it from second hand and then we don't get offical response just what I guess was fucking taunt from LO.

And this who are genuinely suprised by negative responses. Well you don't know feeling of being fucked over. Maybe this people just need that piece of clothing to complete their costume? Or maybe they just like collecting items (like AlishaAzure or me)? But no, fuck you. Now, exclusive and not even on fair terms.

In my opinion the only way you can save face for me and some of community members (because clearly some useful idiots don't get concept of "free" (my time got some value, others probably too, I feel sorry yours don't), you only got right one concept "exclusive" cause it excluded everyone else but the code grabbers.). - do it offically via announcement and during some period of time OR do it like G1 did with tin foil hat aka. global free code through some limited time - even day would be good enough.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Oh great. That was announced somewhere or it was just random GM going "Oh, hey's let's fuck majority and give some random peps exclusive clothing piece"?

Hint: It wasn't announced, I look at forum every second day at least.

And now for what is my major problem with this random giveaway:

Basically you fucked everyone who might wanted that item. If not for Helix I wouldn't be even aware it was given away.

Way in which you do that giveaway is insulting. I sit few weeks on RIOT to max out contact - you made this rewards go on ARMAs - so you wasted my effort. I was okey with that. I sit next week on Halloween to get new Halloween items - you made this rewards ALSO go on ARMAs - again, wasted effort. I was okey with that. And now you do some random hour, random time giveaway of ONE code for which there will be always some fucker lurking so pretty sure little chances of catching it or even about fact that we as humans - have other responsibilities than sitting here all day and even if not - there are some needs which won't fulfill themselves - like sleep. So, I hope you now continue tradition of fucking other with exclusives and put it on on ARMAs as well? No? Then withdraw exclusive shit I collected from ARMAs, now.

I'm OKEY with exclusives. I'm OKEY with free and new items. What i'm not okey with is when I'm not treated fairly in the end.

NOW it's alright to have unique fucking item, right? Fucking joke. But in past it wasn't.

I was angry at how LO handled AA. But this? This trumps AA because in AA you got genuine chance. Or at least illusion of it (I hoped AA gonna be held proffesionaly, not like parent telling his brat to stop kicking some nerd and brat still kicking him anyway). It was announced. Here it's just blatant pat on everyone else but players. - No announcement, we learn about it from second hand and then we don't get offical response just what I guess was fucking taunt from LO.

And this who are genuinely suprised by negative responses. Well you don't know feeling of being fucked over. Maybe this people just need that piece of clothing to complete their costume? Or maybe they just like collecting items (like AlishaAzure or me)? But no, fuck you. Now, exclusive and not even on fair terms.

In my opinion the only way you can save face for me and some of community members (because clearly some useful idiots don't get concept of "free" (my time got some value, others probably too, I feel sorry yours don't), you only got right one concept "exclusive" cause it excluded everyone else but the code grabbers.). - do it offically via announcement and during some period of time OR do it like G1 did with tin foil hat aka. global free code through some limited time - even day would be good enough.

Or... And bear with me here... Or they could start a new campaign of continuous random giveaways. And doing it in a way that just rewards people for playing and or paying attention to the game. Not just for players who are just waiting for a giveaway announcement in order to get involved. 

This doesnt have to be a one time thing, and likely won't be. 

Saying "damn I wish I had been online for that" would be reasonable. 

"This is unfair because I wasn't notified it would be happening" kinda just sounds salty. 

Bottom line? If you or anyone else continues to play regularly, sooner or later you will get to take part in giveaways. 

I wish you better luck in the future. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

"This is unfair because I wasn't notified it would be happening" kinda just sounds salty. 

That sound like that for you - it's pretty reasonable reason to be angry about.

This would be like going through democratic election, not informing anyone, choosing candidate for them and say for them to "stfu" cause they chosen not to show up for election despite not being informed.

Sounds salty? Nah.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Or they could start a new campaign of continuous random giveaways. And doing it in a way that just rewards people for playing and or paying attention to the game. Not just for players who are just waiting for a giveaway announcement in order to get involved. 

I want to know exact policy of rewarding first... So far it's horrible rn. Exclusivity by pure luck.

2 minutes ago, Mitne said:

That sound like that for you - it's pretty reasonable reason to be angry about.

This would be like going through democratic election, not informing anyone, choosing candidate for them and say for them to "stfu" cause they chosen not to show up for election despite not being informed.

Sounds salty? Nah.

I want to know exact policy of rewarding first... So far it's horrible rn. Exclusivity by pure luck.

Ok let's not make this a big ol discussion. 

I think exclusive items are neat. 

I think random rewards are fine. 

We disagree. 

30 minutes ago, Mitne said:

-Snip-

TL:DR "im salty that i didnt get a ugly mask"

Edited by Boxo

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Ok let's not make this a big ol discussion. 

I think exclusive items are neat. 

I think random rewards are fine. 

We disagree. 

And yet again you didn't get anything I said.

You basically ignored what was written in rant.

30 minutes ago, Mitne said:

The only thing we will disagree about - Yes I will make discussion out of it. Autumn Assault-sized one if there will be need for it.

In the end this forum IS for discussing.

3 minutes ago, Boxo said:

TL:DR "im salty that i didnt get a ugly mask"

"I need likes and thanks and ignored genuine problem even if it's ugly mask"

2 minutes ago, Mitne said:

"I need likes and thanks and ignored genuine problem even if it's ugly mask"

if i wanted likes i would just tell them to shutdown the game like everyone else :))

Just now, Boxo said:

if i wanted likes i would just tell them to shutdown the game like everyone else :))

Or respond to me. There is enough of people who don't agree with me over anything, even if it's pretty good and legit concern.

15 minutes ago, Mitne said:

And yet again you didn't get anything I said.

Honestly Mitne, that's because I couldn't make sense out of anything you said. 

This situation has no parallels, in any way, with elections. 

Yes, random rewards are luck based. 

Much like JMBs or JT mission rewards. 

...or RNG for that matter 

Edited by CookiePuss

12 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

@Mitne was there anyone who told u that this mask will stay exclusiv in the end? 

maybe i didn't read that one...

It's unlikely it will but I guess it don't hurt to pressure them to do it as proper exclusive and not just "hey, catch it cause I like you" GM edition.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Honestly Mitne, that's because I couldn't make sense out of anything you said. 

I know i'm enigmatic...

This situation has no parallels, in any way, with elections. 

Yes it is entirely different situation but I see parallel in that one due to fact that you all think that me and others are salty over the fact that I was uninformed about some internal-knowledge giveaway and I should play happy about fact that I never had chance to participate in it. Sorry but that won't do at all, in my case.

Yes, random rewards are luck based. 

Much like JMBs or JT mission rewards. 

...or RNG for that matter 

How is that parallel to anything related to gambling? Or JMBs or JT? This one I can fucking get rn. or any time without fucking problem - if I really want. Unlike this item.

At best it's gambling with people feelings - especially anger.

I'm disappointed that you even defend such bullshoot. Guess perks of being SPCT.

Edited by Mitne

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

It's unlikely it will but I guess it don't hurt to pressure them to do it as proper exclusive and not just "hey, catch it cause I like you" GM edition.

I know i'm enigmatic...

Yes it is entirely different situation but I see parallel in that one due to fact that you all think that me and others are salty over the fact that I was uninformed about some internal-knowledge giveaway and I should play happy about fact that I never had chance to participate in it. Sorry but that won't do at all, in my case.

How is that parallel to anything related to gambling? Or JMBs or JT? This one I can fucking get rn. or any time without fucking problem - if I really want. Unlike this item.

At best it's gambling with people feelings - especially anger.

I'm disappointed that you even defend such bullshoot. Guess perks of being SPCT.

You had and still have a chance to participate. No one is barred from winning anything. 

Full disclosure, I think the mask is hot garbage, and I've not even tried to enter any of the codes I've seen, nor would I buy it from armas. 

My only point is that LO not doing things how YOU want is not the same as LO doing anything wrong. 

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My only point is that LO not doing things how YOU want is not the same as LO doing anything wrong. 

Alright but give it time. You see it's not only me who is angry over it.

We already have some negative voices similiar to what I said.

If LO got some good plan to handle this giveaway (although I still think anything based on pure luck with additional steps is huge mistake), then it should execute it. This action so far is not received greatly and the fact that shit didn't hit fan is probably because nobody even knew this item existed or was given away (well with exception of participating people at some dodgy times and places).

Edited by Mitne

Agree with Mitne, honestly.

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

u really care about that mask? 

I'm missing STAR LCR 'old glory' (some ppl got that one on PC... i think innova accounts) and VBR 'temptress' (i missed to exploit it like most ppl).

I'd instantly buy bothy from Armas!

If someone wanna collect stuff, well, in this game is impossible, you should stay online 24/7 and i swear to you, you will in anyway lose something, because like Mitne said, they just say random things in chat in different district, and you can't really know that, so, NICE. 😁

Im also missing that gun, sadly it isn't alredy here for halloween, i hope they will bring it back as soon as possible, this "New Glory" made me tired. for me it is only a N-TEC7 Compact, the only Glory is the LCR.

i’m glad certain obnoxious ocd sufferers are creating all this negativity around free giveaways - it’s a great way to ruin future free giveaways for those people who enjoy them

classic apb community 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Solamente said:

i’m glad certain obnoxious ocd sufferers are creating all this negativity around free giveaways - it’s a great way to ruin future free giveaways for those people who enjoy them

Future giveaways without announcement you wanted to say. On unknown rules. In unknown times. Whenever LO feels like it. Being rewarded because you are lucky.

Whoever came up with this - if they suffer, they brought it on themselves. I said already i'm not against giveaways - just the way it was done was awful to me and this community. It looks and feel arbitrary at best.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, CookiePuss said:

Or... And bear with me here... Or they could start a new campaign of continuous random giveaways. And doing it in a way that just rewards people for playing and or paying attention to the game.

I'm on the forum everyday and play the game regularly, but I had no idea this was going on.

This method they're using is just bad.

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Full disclosure, I think the mask is hot garbage, and I've not even tried to enter any of the codes I've seen, nor would I buy it from armas. 

That's not the point.

A lot of people aren't even aware of this giveaway. If they're going to do exclusive stuff with a limited time window, then it needs to be clear on when and where this is happening. AFAIK, the only way I can get a code is from a forum mod randomly posting them whenever they feel like in some arbitrary thread.

If that's not the only way, then again, how should I know? I'm not clear on what steps I should be taking to acquire the item or where to find them. The reason this is bad, is it sets a precedent for future items. Particularly because I use the forums very often and stay up-to-date on APB:R's coming and goings; God forbid someone's chances who aren't as persistent as myself.

Edited by Evagelyne

9 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

I'm on the forum everyday and play the game regularly, but I had no idea this was going on.

Hard to believe since codes were  being given away on these very forums, as well as in game, as well as on Discord, as well as on Twitch, and as well as on Twitter. 

Would you like a personal phone call next time? 

Edited by CookiePuss