Erisedd

Console Update?

I get it, PC > Console. It is where the majority of your playerbase is, it's what makes the most money...the engine upgrade for pc is exciting! I love the progress I've been seeing, but can we please know where the console update is standing currently? Mentioning console casually in your update posts isnt really helpful, as far as us console players know y'all havent made any progress on the bugs that need to be fixed to push out this update. Anything? Please? 😞

• Like 1

I don't play on console, but I was also wondering about the progress for that update...

I feel sorry for them...

8 hours ago, Erisedd said:

I get it, PC > Console. It is where the majority of your playerbase is, it's what makes the most money...the engine upgrade for pc is exciting! I love the progress I've been seeing, but can we please know where the console update is standing currently? Mentioning console casually in your update posts isnt really helpful, as far as us console players know y'all havent made any progress on the bugs that need to be fixed to push out this update. Anything? Please? 😞

pc is not > than console.

PC is behind console and can fix the consoles afterwards when it is ported over.

pc is kinda like a raw picture file.

easy to convert to other types without as much chance of data corruption.

but yes i hope consoles get an update too ,and a larger playerbase.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

pc is not > than console.

PC is behind console and can fix the consoles afterwards when it is ported over.

pc is kinda like a raw picture file.

easy to convert to other types without as much chance of data corruption.

but yes i hope consoles get an update too ,and a larger playerbase.

That would be all fine and dandy, except we arent supposed to be waiting for a PC update to come to fix console. Our updates are supposedly almost done and we havent really had any news other than the first post about them. Do you know that on console currently all people have to do is type certain things in chat to bring the whole game down? Or that you cant change weapons 90% of the time without having to reset? 99% of our halloween event was botched because of pleasant fellow players abusing an exploit and crashing the servers repeatedly. I honestly could care less about content for console at this point, but we really need this update to be pushed out just so we can play the game normally period.

And I beg to differ, I have played apb on PC and on console and pc is definitely better than console, even without the engine upgrade lol

5 hours ago, Snubnose said:

I don't play on console, but I was also wondering about the progress for that update...

I feel sorry for them...

I feel sorry for us too, it's frustrating watching PC get talked about week after week and have pretty much dead silence about console.

53 minutes ago, Erisedd said:

it's frustrating watching PC get talked about week after week and have pretty much dead silence about console.

Both builds should be getting worked on, they have differrent issues between them.

There are several reasons why I think the PC version gets more words about it on the forums.

- More PC players on the forums

- More PC players in general

- PC has it's own way of updating, independant from any 3rd party. This means much more frequent pushes of builds to get checked on. Console builds need to get fully checked by a number of teams before it can get pushed out. PC can just get pushed (even in a semi broken state)

37 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Both builds should be getting worked on, they have differrent issues between them.

There are several reasons why I think the PC version gets more words about it on the forums.

- More PC players on the forums

- More PC players in general

- PC has it's own way of updating, independant from any 3rd party. This means much more frequent pushes of builds to get checked on. Console builds need to get fully checked by a number of teams before it can get pushed out. PC can just get pushed (even in a semi broken state)

I  do know that both are getting worked on, and I also know PC updates are easier to do because they dont require any third party to verify/allow an update...but still. It would be nice to even have one or two sentences just dedicated to how things are going. Even if it's just to say they're still working on the previous bugs. Something is better than nothing. Also there are many console users who check the forums, even if not as much as pc. Although none are really active posters...

How many people do play on console?

Is it possible to get a decent match?

I'm just curious since I don't own one

5 hours ago, Erisedd said:

That would be all fine and dandy, except we arent supposed to be waiting for a PC update to come to fix console. Our updates are supposedly almost done and we havent really had any news other than the first post about them. Do you know that on console currently all people have to do is type certain things in chat to bring the whole game down? Or that you cant change weapons 90% of the time without having to reset? 99% of our halloween event was botched because of pleasant fellow players abusing an exploit and crashing the servers repeatedly. I honestly could care less about content for console at this point, but we really need this update to be pushed out just so we can play the game normally period.

and thats why i hope its updated soon

9 hours ago, JWar said:

Erised!!!!! 😮❤️

JWar!!! Its been a while dude! Hows it going?! 😛

Merged.

8 hours ago, Ellix said:

How many people do play on console?

Is it possible to get a decent match?

I'm just curious since I don't own one

On the weekend the population is usually better, it's usually 150-200 total. I know that isnt great but during the week we are lucky if we break 100. Theres usually one Financial with less than 25 players, and a Waterfront that's empty...baylan always seems to have a healthy population though. Most people that used to play said they are just waiting on the update to be released before they come back. Most of who I play with now are old PC players who have been playing forever and are stubborn and won't give up on APB.