Sign in to follow this  
Azhwrayth

Engine upgrade.

Hi guys

Ita been years since i stopped playing or browsing forums... just wanted to ask if the engine is here and how much you are enjoying it.

I am sorry if this offends mods, i heard you get banned if you say something they dont like... feel free to remove this thread, thanks you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azhwrayth said:

Ita been years since i stopped playing or browsing forums... just wanted to ask if the engine is here and how much you are enjoying it.

Unfortunately, the engine upgrade is not here yet. It is still being delayed from the original 2014 release, lol. The company that bought out G1 is working very hard on finishing what G1 started, though. If I were to predict, it will come out in Q2 of 2020; if not Q2 then maybe Q3.

To somewhat answer your question, the current game is not very enjoyable, as the game is still facing many issues with the matchmaking system, threat system, gunplay (lack of balance) and so on.

If you want to learn more about the progress of the engine upgrade, you can view this post here:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11333-tracking-the-engine-upgrade/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also,

9 minutes ago, Azhwrayth said:

I am sorry if this offends mods, i heard you get banned if you say something they dont like... feel free to remove this thread, thanks you.

This isn't really true. You'll get verbally assaulted or simply shamed by some members of the community for posting things the community doesn't like, but the mods themselves do their job in a very fair way.

Edited by Goldtiger
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

Unfortunately, the engine upgrade is not here yet. It is still being delayed from the original 2014 release, lol. The company that bought out G1 is working very hard on finishing what G1 started, though. If I were to predict, it will come out in Q2 of 2020; if not Q2 then maybe Q3.

To somewhat answer your question, the current game is not very enjoyable, as the game is still facing many issues with the matchmaking system, threat system, gunplay (lack of balance) and so on.

If you want to learn more about the progress of the engine upgrade, you can view this post here:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11333-tracking-the-engine-upgrade/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also,

This isn't really true. You'll get verbally assaulted for posting things the community doesn't like, but the mods themselves do their job in a very fair way.

Thanks, kind forum member.

In short we need to comeback in 2020 for new engine.

What kind of balance issues is the game currently facing?

1 hour ago, Azhwrayth said:

What kind of balance issues is the game currently facing?

Every person you ask will give varying answers, but since you're asking me, it's mainly problems with the following:

1. Shotguns (most prominently, the NFAS and JG)
  2. NTEC-5 (although I think the NTEC-7 is also too powerful as well, which is apparently an unpopular opinion, but most of the community agrees that the NTEC-5 is too powerful)
  3. Percussion Grenades
  4. Showstopper (the thunder is especially disgustingly powerful)
  5. Cars (Literally no reason to use any car other than vegas 4x4, pioneer, and espacio)
  6. Hitboxes (this isn't weaponry but it has to do with the gunplay... The hitboxes in this game are far from perfect).
  7. FBW and maybe .45 AP (unpopular opinion but I thought I'd include it)

There's definitely more issues but these are some that I can pull from the top of my head. I tried to rank these with the most urgent ones at the top but I know some people will definitely disagree with me.

DISCLAIMER: this is just my opinion, but I tried to also factor in popular community opinions as well.

Edited by Goldtiger
  • Thanks 1

At this point I lost all my hopes in this engine upgrade, if it ever goes live, it'll be already old enough to need another engine upgrade.
I don't understand how can something take so long to make.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

At this point I lost all my hopes in this engine upgrade, if it ever goes live, it'll be already old enough to need another engine upgrade.
I don't understand how can something take so long to make.

Commitment, if there was some, and I mean by G1 since they had the team and the resources to expand that team, then they could achieve something in regards of  the engine upgrade.

I remember playing games were the community gathered some players skilled enough in programming and such and they migrated a whole game to a new version of Unreal Engine by themselves. An example of it is "Command & Conquer Renegade" now known as "Renegade X" ...besides it took like many years for them to accomplish they did something great over there.

My thought is that there's some extremist secretive policy or something like that behind APB that stops the management from expanding the development team by recruiting outsiders or such. Now LO seems to be doing way better anyways, and they are even hiring players as volunteers GMs so not sure if they can find something else around, idk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldtiger said:

1. Percussion Grenades
  2. Showstopper (the thunder is especially disgustingly powerful)
  3. FBW and maybe .45 AP (unpopular opinion but I thought I'd include it)

tenor.gif?itemid=13700763

I hope it will be released soon, even if is in beta version.

Edited by Guest

Even spct have said and lied that engine is real.

My opinion is that this was yet another g1 lie to retain players with hope.

Matt probably is the guy in charge to clean g1 headquarters toilettes and been promised some money to say sorry and lie.

5 minutes ago, Azhwrayth said:

My opinion is that this was yet another g1 lie to retain players with hope.

Matt probably is the guy in charge to clean g1 headquarters toilettes and been promised some money to say sorry and lie.

at the very least consoles are running on the engine upgrade, so idk how anyone can think the engine upgrade doesn't exist at this point lol

2 hours ago, Azhwrayth said:

Don't expose me bro. 

Sign in to follow this