IFujera

Can I get ban because of long themes (10-15s)?

Greetings! 

I've seen anyone who sales long themes nd I wanna buy it. Can I get ban because of long themes (10-15s)? Or it's not illegal if I don't create it?

I'd say... No u can't cuz only u can hear the part that is longer than 0:05.

Ur enemy won't even realise u got one of the "long themes" 

Disclaimer: I am not a developer nor am I involved with Little Orbit or APB:R in any way. This is not an official stance.

As far as I'm aware, there are no repercussions for creating themes longer than the default 5 second limit. They don't really impact gameplay in any way either, since the game only ever plays the first 5 seconds, with only the theme's user being able to hear things beyond the 5 second mark. Long themes improve the experience of their users and don't ruin anyone else's experience... so I think they're pretty safe.

The developers are aware of the long theme exploit and have been asked by at least one community member not to fix it — and thankfully they haven't fixed it so far!

No one else but you can hear past the 5 secs...

But you could go ask in the "unofficial" Discord where the undercover-yet-known-players volunteer GMs are and all the LO staff hangs with them. They know everything even before anyone posts on forums though.

The worst thing that can happen, in case your theme annoy others, is people to add you in their ignore list.

If you end up in many ignore lists, you are the only one taking damage. It's some kind of ban sort of speak!

No, no one can hear more than 5 seconds anyway, unless they inspect you and manually click it.

a theme longer than 5 seconds?!?!?!? oh my god we live in such a cruel world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

No one else but you can hear past the 5 secs...

But you could go ask in the "unofficial" Discord where the undercover-yet-known-players volunteer GMs are and all the LO staff hangs with them. They know everything even before anyone posts on forums though.

Its very rare for LO staff to talk in that discord anymore.

Occasionally we see one GM, the same GM everyone sees... Comfeyer.

The discord gets its news from a bot that tells the discord when a forum post has been made.

GMs are under strict rules preventing them from revealing their identity to anyone. Being caught even once telling someone you are a GM gets you immediately removed from the program.

Salvick man, why don't you just join and see for yourself?

Lemme know if you are interested and I can DM you an invite.

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Lemme know if you are interested and I can DM you an invite.

Yeah, let's join a Discord filled with socially awkward ego trippers.

What a time to be alive!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Yeah, let's join a Discord filled with socially awkward ego trippers.

What a time to be alive!

Don't forget the circle jerking... we are nothing without it.

Honestly, they should just figure out what is causing/allowing the exploit to exist and then "fix" it by integrating it as an actual feature. This would of course require them to add a toggle in the options menu that allows each player to individually decide whether or not they want to hear other player's full themes, which by default should be set to the vanilla of only the first five seconds. Could even go a step further and instead of a toggle, make it a drop-down that lets the player decide how much of another player's theme they hear (e.g., disable themes, first five seconds, full themes).