Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

nfas?!

Excuse me ? There is nothing wrong with my beloved favourite weapon...i will fight u right now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vantiks said:

So when is NFAS being changed?

when it is time? they are already doing other tasks for gun balancing plus holiday events

" i only have two hands people " ~ any worker being told to hurry

but yes i own nfas and it seems to be needing adjustments

Why should nfas be changed? Its easily countered as any other weapon.  This cryings for nerf wont pass...you ruined ntec...u ruined oca...u ruined yukon... every wep got ruined because hand full of people couldnt handle training with that weapon so tehy have to go cry spam to ruin it for all others.

Learn to play with it..end of discussion.

• Thanks 1

Or you know... you could learn how to play without relying on cheap crutches and then get all whiny when deserved balance changes are applied. 🙃

• Like 3

Nerfing weapons is fine, if they are too powerful. Unfortunately the weapon balancing from LO hasn't impressed me much so far. But the NFAS seems to be a bit too strong at the moment. The NTEC was definitely too strong before and needed a nerf, probably still needs a bit of fine tuning. The Yukon was bugged and fixed, which was much needed as the bugged version appeared to be almost as P2W as the Troublemaker used to be.

I just don't like balancing done by rinky-dink and/or counter intuitive mechanics eg. like the NHVR.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I just don't like balancing done by rinky-dink and/or counter intuitive mechanics eg. like the NHVR.

they changed the hvr in a really dumb way. they couldve just lowered the hvr's damage enough to where you cant 2 tap players with RSA/Act 44 at 85+m or even 2 tap players with FBW and it wouldve been a better solution to how they decided to change the hvr.

It's not the NFAS that needs a change, it's all shotguns. They all should be reverted to the pre-LO-shotgunning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Why should nfas be changed? Its easily countered as any other weapon.  This cryings for nerf wont pass...you ruined ntec...u ruined oca...u ruined yukon... every wep got ruined because hand full of people couldnt handle training with that weapon so tehy have to go cry spam to ruin it for all others.

I have to disagree. the N FAS is not as easily countered as you believe.

In silver district i am normally lucky to go 3 and 10 against a gold , but with it i can do 10 and 10

that large gap just from a different gun shows an adjustment is needed to me.

just an opinion but I'm sure others agree.

*** not a nerf just a proper adjustment ***

15 hours ago, GhosT said:

It's not the NFAS that needs a change, it's all shotguns. They all should be reverted to the pre-LO-shotgunning.

i have to disagree with pre Little Orbit , since it wasn't balanced back then either. some adjustments though should do the trick

some other thread discussed this but its been a while so i forgot what thread sorry

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

because lower skilled players can't counter the NFAS even though it has an effective range of 10 meters and can be countered with explosives, grenades, staying 10 meters from the enemy, a secondary weapon, even an LTL Stabba.

The NFAS has one advantage, if you use cover it is great to pop out and kill people that get with in 10 meters of you.  Other than that you are SOL if caught out in the open or more than 10 meters from the objective or targets.

I counter the NFAS with my FBW or even Colby Commander (favorite secondary).  I also toss grenades then charge the person after they get hit and take them out in CQC with my FBW.  I consider myself medium skilled so the people asking for the NFAS nerf have to be lower silvers to bronze skilled.

Edited by illgot

2 hours ago, illgot said:

because lower skilled players can't counter the NFAS even though it has an effective range of 10 meters and can be countered with explosives, grenades, staying 10 meters from the enemy, a secondary weapon, even an LTL Stabba.

The NFAS has one advantage, if you use cover it is great to pop out and kill people that get with in 10 meters of you.  Other than that you are SOL if caught out in the open or more than 10 meters from the objective or targets.

I counter the NFAS with my FBW or even Colby Commander (favorite secondary).  I also toss grenades then charge the person after they get hit and take them out in CQC with my FBW.  I consider myself medium skilled so the people asking for the NFAS nerf have to be lower silvers to bronze skilled.

I like how some people suggest to stay away from effective range of nfas, and they don’t realize that most cqc situations happen below 10m and each popular cqc weapon has a problem fighting 0.56ttk nfas. It’s the same if I would say to stay away from the ntec effective range and take long range weapon if you can’t win it in its niche because it can’t beat long range guns

Edited by Lign

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

since it wasn't balanced back then either

How would you say it was out of balance pre-LO?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

How would you say it was out of balance pre-LO?

none of the guns were balanced pre LO

shotguns were owned by certain other guns most of the time so its hard to point out specifics for me. a lot of people did discuss this in detail though.

but all i personally remember is even n fas got owned a lot of the time back then to where i just didn't use it because of it. unfortunately now n fas is the opposite and too powerful.

to balance what we have now things have to change or we can not have anything new in the future.

tldr im sleepy....3 hours sleep is not good so i cant remember details sorry

10 hours ago, Lign said:

I like how some people suggest to stay away from effective range of nfas, and they don’t realize that most cqc situations happen below 10m and each popular cqc weapon has a problem fighting 0.56ttk nfas. It’s the same if I would say to stay away from the ntec effective range and take long range weapon if you can’t win it in its niche because it can’t beat long range guns

I like how some people refuse to use any tools other than their primary then complain that a weapon with a limit of 10 meters is OP.

Do you flare a hallway and toss grenades?

Do you use radar, do you block off an exit with your car and use rockets or OPGLs?

You have all been here long enough to max out multiple characters but refuse to use basic anti-camper tactics and think rushing the point from the same direction solo is the reason the NFAS is killing you.

I'm a horrible player when it comes to out shooting players, but I can out play others because I use more than just my primary.

Edited by illgot

In real life though, auto shotguns aren't balanced with pump action. So the NFAS is honestly fine tbh, perfectly crafted from the Fail Factory™

I like how some people refuse to use any tools other than their primary then complain that a weapon with a limit of 10 meters is OP.

Do you use radar, do you block off an exit with your car and use rockets or OPGLs?

You have all been here long enough to max out multiple characters but refuse to use basic anti-camper tactics and think rushing the point from the same direction solo is the reason the NFAS is killing you.

I'm a horrible player when it comes to out shooting players, but I can out play others because I use more than just my primary.

How does the option in being able to tactically outplay others transfer to the direct performance of a weapon?
Sure you can outplay some potatoes... but we shouldn't balance weapons around potatoes should we? What if you meet someone who has an actual brain and uses the nfas?

Otherwise the answer to every weapon complain would be to just not get hit - would solve all the issues.

Not saying that the things you mentioned shouldn't be considered in the broader scope but before all that you need to take a look at the weapons raw performance.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

By your logic hvr shouldn’t get nerfed and qs was just fine. Just hide when the opponent attempts to qs you

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

How does the option in being able to tactically outplay others transfer to the direct performance of a weapon?
Sure you can outplay some potatoes... but we shouldn't balance weapons around potatoes should we? What if you meet someone who has an actual brain and uses the nfas?

Otherwise the answer to every weapon complain would be to just not get hit - would solve all the issues.

Not saying that the things you mentioned shouldn't be considered in the broader scope but before all that you need to take a look at the weapons raw performance.

Raw performance with in 10 meters, with in a niche environment and only against people who refuse to change their tactics.  There are plenty of tools available at max rank (and they should be available to lower ranks) to counter an NFAS and if it is impossible then you may want to look more inward.

The NFAS is fine for a shotgun with a range of 10 meters.

1 hour ago, Lign said:

By your logic hvr shouldn’t get nerfed and qs was just fine. Just hide when the opponent attempts to qs you

HVR is not a shotgun limited to 10 meters.

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

i have to disagree with pre Little Orbit , since it wasn't balanced back then either. some adjustments though should do the trick

some other thread discussed this but its been a while so i forgot what thread sorry

Although the Pre-LO shotguns needed to be changed, they were still factually better than what we currently have.  Shotgun pellets should not gain the damage of the pellets that missed the target, that's just plain dumb.

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Although the Pre-LO shotguns needed to be changed, they were still factually better than what we currently have.  Shotgun pellets should not gain the damage of the pellets that missed the target, that's just plain dumb.

exactly why some adjustments are needed until  we find our groove

7 hours ago, illgot said:

It doesn’t matter, if it was possible to outplay like you said then it shouldn’t get nerfed

8 hours ago, illgot said:

Raw performance with in 10 meters, with in a niche environment and only against people who refuse to change their tactics.  There are plenty of tools available at max rank (and they should be available to lower ranks) to counter an NFAS and if it is impossible then you may want to look more inward.

The NFAS is fine for a shotgun with a range of 10 meters.

Yukon was just as much of a facehugging weapon yet would you say it was totally balanced since it was arguably even easier to "outplay"?

The range argument isn't a get free card when the game is based around objectives that force you to engage.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

2 hours ago, Lign said:

It doesn’t matter, if it was possible to outplay like you said then it shouldn’t get nerfed

Thinking that a 10 meter limit on range is equivalent to a 100 meter range displays how simplistic your thought process is and explains how it is impossible for you to counter an nfas.

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yukon was just as much of a facehugging weapon yet would you say it was totally balanced since it was arguably even easier to "outplay"?

The range argument isn't a get free card when the game is based around objectives that force you to engage.

So you think a broken secondary should be equal to a cqc primary...

1 hour ago, illgot said:

[...]

So you think a broken secondary should be equal to a cqc primary...

I'm saying a broken weapon is a broken weapon no matter what category it is (didn't say they should be equal?)!

In return could you answer my question? Why did the Yukon need a nerf? Secondary or not - just don't get close, right?

Sign in to follow this