Delete884943468320878423

How comes osmaw rockets vanish?

First time i test this expensive 3 slots garbage, before i waste my jackoff tickets(already wasted my $/ on it), and besides that... wtf do you even put in those slots anyway, why would u give it 3 slots if there is absolutely nothing good to put in?(apb logic) i would assume its an handicap for it being so devastating apparently... not devastating at all if your 3 rockets simply vanishes every time you shoot at something.

I was hoping for an update from the legendary one, but its actually a downgrade.. its more devastating to find this shit out.!!

And to think most of you even complain about it.

ok.

So the OSMAW is clearly not the best explosive weapon. We all have known this ever since it's nerf way back when (cause it used to be overpowered). While I do agree that 3 slots is unnecessary on the OSMAW, I do think that 2 is useful, and that that having it permenant is even more useful. It's honestly very subjective whether or not you like the OSMAW or think its bad, cause I've seen many great OSMAW players.

As for the rocket vanishing, I have no idea what you're even talking about. Unless it's like the opgl vanishing shots bug, I can only assume you're referring to when you shoot it further than 110m... cause I'm pretty sure it explodes at 110m of travel distance (correct me if I'm wrong).

they "vanish" because the games render distance is set to 100 meters for most things.  The OSMAW rocket will continue traveling all the way up to 140 meters but you wont see or hear it past 100 due to the games design.  3 slots is more of an old school relic since there used to be more mods that worked on the OSMAW back in the day.

Best way to test this is spawn a car and drive it 115 let's out and shoot it.  I did this test years ago before the wind up time existed so not sure what it is currently like.

Just now, illgot said:

Best way to test this is spawn a car and drive it 115 let's out and shoot it.  I did this test years ago before the wind up time existed so not sure what it is currently like.

Still the same, unless you haven't tried it post radius nerf.

8 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

3 slots is more of an old school relic since there used to be more mods that worked on the OSMAW back in the day.

Like what?

1 minute ago, xHenryman90x said:

Like what?

Magpull, Savage, Extended Mag...  I dont remember the other RTW mods but that's just a few that worked.  I know a few people were contemplating if Improved Rifling increased rocket range as well back in the day.

Only mods that work on it now are Bando, 3PS, and Flaregun Ammo.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Magpull, Savage, Extended Mag...  I dont remember the other RTW mods but that's just a few that worked.  I know a few people were contemplating if Improved Rifling increased rocket range as well back in the day.

Only mods that work on it now are Bando, 3PS, and Flaregun Ammo.

It certainly needs something now, having 1 useless modification slot without any meaningful mod doesn't offer you anything compared to 2 slotted one, let's not forget that there's OPGL too. Flaregun ammo mod?

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

It certainly needs something now, having 1 useless modification slot without any meaningful mod doesn't offer you anything compared to 2 slotted one, let's not forget that there's OPGL too. Flaregun ammo mod?

Mod that the Flare Gun has, all it does is make physical projectiles tag people in a 60m radius.  Christmas gungame AAEPD uses it.    OPGL benefits from all 3 slots though, OSMAW is the only thing that doesn't and there's really nothing to add to the OSMAW as a 3rd option.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Christmas gungame AAEPD uses it.    OPGL benefits from all 3 slots though, OSMAW is the only thing that doesn't and there's really nothing to add to the OSMAW as a 3rd option.

I remember it having mobility sling instead? You mean that the red mods work with OPGL? I tried HB3 once and it was 1 shot kill anyway. 

2 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

I remember it having mobility sling instead? You mean that the red mods work with OPGL? I tried HB3 once and it was 1 shot kill anyway. 

Cooling Jacket does, HB3 i dont think does enough to be noticeable, not sure why you'd use it anyways.

9 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Cooling Jacket does, HB3 i dont think does enough to be noticeable, not sure why you'd use it anyways.

I tested it if it could work better than OPGL CD with TG-8 or Nano. 😂

Edited by xHenryman90x

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

to be stylish?

wish there was a mod to add music to the rocket flying  like nyan cat or our kill themes. id do it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Still the same, unless you haven't tried it post radius nerf.

what is the new radius.  I had to find out using my car as a marker years ago but can't remember any details.

It's nice that they explode at 140m so that you can airburst them and fuck up campers.

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

wish there was a mod to add music to the rocket flying  like nyan cat or our kill themes. id do it.

Farfletched did that back than 😂

Yea give us nyan cat weapon sound mod 😂

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Flaregun Ammo

Still wish they'd make this available to be used normally. Would need a downside when equipped of course, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to balance it.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's nice that they explode at 140m so that you can airburst them and fuck up campers.

Laughs in 110m Volcano. With a bit of practice you can airburst the EoLs too, although Kickback is the only one that can really do this effectively.

Rockets don't vanish, they explode at 143m. Give or take a meter or two.

2 Slots are useful, for Bandolier 2 and Three-Point-Sling 3/Mobility Sling. Third is just a leftover basically.

10 hours ago, illgot said:

what is the new radius.  I had to find out using my car as a marker years ago but can't remember any details.

I dont remember the specifics, i think it was originally like 5m radius for max damage and then it was nerfed to like 1m.  Its currently at 2.5m max damage radius.

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Laughs in 110m Volcano.

The AAEPD cant even reach 110m with its explosion radius.  Every rocket detonates at 100m and deals damage up to 107.5m.  Will barely blow up a Jericho at 102m.

8 hours ago, HighSociety said:

If this was an intended feature like themes and deaths, this needs a forum post of it's own. who cares about 3 slot OSMAWS, I want that s*** on my AAEPD! It sounds like a bottle rocket going off as it is.

WHY WAS THIS REMOVED? Even the annoying themes/songs that are just one tone really loud would be funny on a rocket, imagine hearing some inception deep horn as it flies by you. That would be funny as hell and would most certainly make getting blown up by them a lot less frustrating as at least it'd be funny.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

If this was an intended feature like themes and deaths, this needs a forum post of it's own. who cares about 3 slot OSMAWS, I want that s*** on my AAEPD! It sounds like a bottle rocket going off as it is.

WHY WAS THIS REMOVED? Even the annoying themes/songs that are just one tone really loud would be funny on a rocket, imagine hearing some inception deep horn as it flies by you. That would be funny as hell and would most certainly make getting blown up by them a lot less frustrating as at least it'd be funny.

It was never removed since it was never actually added, just an internal test.

56 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It was never removed since it was never actually added, just an internal test.

I mean, even though it didn't hit live, the coding was there. Would've just been nice to have more music beyond annoyingly loud cars.

Then again might just be me being tired of the same sounds we've been hearing for the past 6+ years. I still think RTW sounded better for a lot of the weapons we have today. 

9 hours ago, HighSociety said:

exactly why i said a mod lol glad you remembered that too

a simple mod for its own  kill theme would avoid any copyright issues at the same time and let us have two different themes so that its not a sound mess

Edited by Fortune Runner

15 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The AAEPD cant even reach 110m with its explosion radius.  Every rocket detonates at 100m and deals damage up to 107.5m.  Will barely blow up a Jericho at 102m.

My literal hundreds of hours of rooftop airbursting disagrees. Trying to airburst someone at 100m will result in overshooting them, every time... unless they pull a Prometheus School of Running Away From Things moment and walk right into the center of the blast, of course.

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

My literal hundreds of hours of rooftop airbursting disagrees. Trying to airburst someone at 100m will result in overshooting them, every time... unless they pull a Prometheus School of Running Away From Things moment and walk right into the center of the blast, of course.

Doesn't matter at all really, i tested it prior to even making my post.  The AAEPD rockets explode at 100m.  They do 0 damage to anything beyond 107.5m and deal max damage up to 102m.

Edited by SkittyM