Sign in to follow this  
Jmonkey

framerate issue

My fps idles around 40 and hits 10-30 while driving or in combat. Going from high settings to low didn't make a difference. Even the game's main menu lags. I tried using the advanced launcher, but that didn't help either and actually caused more problems. Like before I get pick my initial spawn point, the screen is half dark with jibberish text, and a tutorial testing text message. Another time, Anti-cheat kicked me out even before that screen saying authentication timed out.  My latency is usually 15-30

Specs are,

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD FX 4100 3.6 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 750 ti

16gb ram

Just by looking at your specs, I'd suggest you to upgrade your CPU as it even bottlenecks your 750 Ti

Surprised APB is such a spec heavy game. I used to run it on a lot older hardware. Seems odd when my PC can handle a lot more intensive games too

It's hard to tell at the moment, just a week ago I averaged 90-110fps. After the recent changes, I don't even have constant 60+. (R7 1700 & 5700).

1 hour ago, Thanahr said:

It's hard to tell at the moment, just a week ago I averaged 90-110fps. After the recent changes, I don't even have constant 60+. (R7 1700 & 5700).

There are still some massive performance issues with DX9 on the RX 5700 series. Are you getting a lot of stutters or just low fps ?

Edited by heelruby
typo

1 hour ago, heelruby said:

There are still some massive performance issues with DX9 on the RX 5700 series. Are you getting a lot of stutters or just low fps ?

In the last few days, it's low fps, not many stutters at all. Previously, it was just stutters. I may switch out back to my 580 cause it's the same performance in APB.

1 minute ago, Thanahr said:

In the last few days, it's low fps, not many stutters at all. Previously, it was just stutters. I may switch out back to my 580 cause it's the same performance in APB.

Kinda hurts me to say that but yes you'd be better off using your 580 until AMD fixes DX9 performance (that's regarding the stutters and the alt tabbing issues). Though I'm not experiencing low fps myself, just massive stutters, ever since I got my 5700. 

1 hour ago, heelruby said:

Kinda hurts me to say that but yes you'd be better off using your 580 until AMD fixes DX9 performance (that's regarding the stutters and the alt tabbing issues). Though I'm not experiencing low fps myself, just massive stutters, ever since I got my 5700. 

Just closed MSI Afterburner and turned off Freesync, seems to have fixed it. Shame there are still issues with Navi, it's great in every other title.

Still lower fps than I'd like, but I'm attributing that to APB variance

Edited by Thanahr

14 hours ago, Jmonkey said:

Surprised APB is such a spec heavy game. I used to run it on a lot older hardware. Seems odd when my PC can handle a lot more intensive games too

APB is not optimized

the engine upgrade is needed to fix many problems including setting up proper optimization

11 hours ago, Thanahr said:

Just closed MSI Afterburner and turned off Freesync, seems to have fixed it. Shame there are still issues with Navi, it's great in every other title.

Still lower fps than I'd like, but I'm attributing that to APB variance

Hmmm now you got me curious as I'm using AB as well 🤔

10 minutes ago, heelruby said:

Hmmm now you got me curious as I'm using AB as well 🤔

Nevermind, didn't fix anything for me. 20-30 fps in Asylum. Haven't had these rates in 5/6 years

Just now, Thanahr said:

Nevermind, didn't fix anything for me. 20-30 fps in Asylum. Haven't had these rates in 5/6 years

Yikes that's indeed pretty bad :c

May I know what Adrenalin version you're running ?

2 hours ago, heelruby said:

Yikes that's indeed pretty bad :c

May I know what Adrenalin version you're running ?

The latest, though it was the same with the previous. Switched to my 580 and it's back to 100+. Looks like it was just down to Direct X 9 support on Navi

5 hours ago, Thanahr said:

The latest, though it was the same with the previous. Switched to my 580 and it's back to 100+. Looks like it was just down to Direct X 9 support on Navi

You could try using 19.9.1 with Navi since I found it to perform a bit better than the other ones. But yea, Dx9 is still meh on Navi :c

After reinstalling, just using normal launcher, medium settings, and smooth freerate and vsync off, I was getting good fps. This was also just after the Halloween event had ended, so that might have been a factor. Main menu was smooth and fps was 90 idle and 40-60 in combat for 2 nights in a row. Tonight was a little janky for some reason, but still playable

On 11/6/2019 at 7:34 PM, Thanahr said:

I was on vacation for about two weeks. Prior to it I had absolutely no FPS drops. I come back and my FPS drop from 62 to 42 every about 10-20 seconds. So I'm not the only one? Was there some patch or something?