Sign in to follow this  
KolbeMoser

Golds in Bronze Servers?

Am I missing something, I thought Golds couldn't join Bronze servers.  I was just trying to have some casual matches with some bronze/silver players and it sucks going up against premium golds who have been playing for years who know every vantage point and meta.

They simply join as silvers, and they farm starters and they become gold, while they're still in the server.

Here we go again~
Just because they appear to be gold, doesn't mean they are really gold. I am ready for this post to be disliked so I will say it again, for the n-th time, there are no golds in bronze districts. Like 99% of "golds" you see there are just silvers at best, people stuck in a limbo between silver and gold, too good for bronze, too bad for the silver district. As Ketog has stated, they join as silvers and thanks to high scores, the silly threat system assigns them with the gold threat. Yes, some of them could be playing in silver districts, although not quite well, hence they chose not to.

Truth is, with thousands of hours in the game, game knowledge, R195 modifications and slotted weapons they surely have an advantage, but they lack the aim and tracking skills which gives you a good chance of beating them, just do not despair. 

• Like 3

If this is a Jericho thing, it's gotten worse the lower the pop.

So expect to see more of this, not less. 

Edited by CookiePuss

31 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Here we go again~
Just because they appear to be gold, doesn't mean they are really gold. I am ready for this post to be disliked so I will say it again, for the n-th time, there are no golds in bronze districts. Like 99% of "golds" you see there are just silvers at best, people stuck in a limbo between silver and gold, too good for bronze, too bad for the silver district. As Ketog has stated, they join as silvers and thanks to high scores, the silly threat system assigns them with the gold threat. Yes, some of them could be playing in silver districts, although not quite well, hence they chose not to.

Truth is, with thousands of hours in the game, game knowledge, R195 modifications and slotted weapons they surely have an advantage, but they lack the aim and tracking skills which gives you a good chance of beating them, just do not despair. 

99%? 

Not higher than 60% IMHO. Other part of them is just tryhards playing in bronze for fun. And dethreat "for fun" everyday, of course. One of them told me why..

"I'm bored of silver"

Edited by Nagletz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KolbeMoser said:

Am I missing something, I thought Golds couldn't join Bronze servers.  I was just trying to have some casual matches with some bronze/silver players and it sucks going up against premium golds who have been playing for years who know every vantage point and meta.

You have afew who were silver and won enough to get gold. Next time they play they cant join bronze.

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

They simply join as silvers, and they farm starters and they become gold, while they're still in the server.

Sounds like dethreaters

58 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Here we go again~

Id look again, about 90% of golds you see in bronze are dethreaters who dropped rank just to get in the bronze dist. They drop threat, stomp lower threats then when they get gold they dethreat again so they wont stay gold, afew even went as far as to drop to bronze so they can stay in longer. Then you have those few who actually legitly got gold and are still in the bronze dist. Those few will go to silver dist next time they need to join a dist and do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

Here we go again~

there's a few who are gold every single day in bronze who dethreat intentionally and have done so for years in some cases.

if you play enough its not hard to recognize names.

24 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

99%? 

Not higher than 60% IMHO. Other part of them is just tryhards playing in bronze for fun. And dethreat "for fun" everyday, of course. One of them told me why..

"I'm bored of silver"

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You have afew who were silver and won enough to get gold. Next time they play they cant join bronze.

Sounds like dethreaters

Id look again, about 90% of golds you see in bronze are dethreaters who dropped rank just to get in the bronze dist. They drop threat, stomp lower threats then when they get gold they dethreat again so they wont stay gold, afew even went as far as to drop to bronze so they can stay in longer. Then you have those few who actually legitly got gold and are still in the bronze dist. Those few will go to silver dist next time they need to join a dist and do the right thing.

Once you move to the silver district and start playing there exclusively, from time to time you get to see those familiar names, "op players" from the bronze districts, playing (not dethreating) and legitimately struggling to have a positive kdr. They usually end up being their team's deadweight, with some exceptions, when they are opposed low to mid gold opponents like themselves who aren't dethreating on a regular basis but play in silver instead.

That's why I can't be entirely convinced by those arguments for going back to the bronze district like "Too many cheaters in silver", "I am bored of tryharders", "I have a huge latency", etc; I believe skill-wise they belong more to the bronze than to the silver district. Now, when we speak of them stomping on new players in bronze, that's a completely other subject of personal moral code. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bambola said:

Once you move to the silver district and start playing there exclusively, from time to time you get to see those familiar names, "op players" from the bronze districts, playing (not dethreating) and legitimately struggling to have a positive kdr. They usually end up being their team's deadweight, with some exceptions, when they are opposed low to mid gold opponents like themselves who aren't dethreating on a regular basis but play in silver instead.

That's why I can't be entirely convinced by those arguments for going back to the bronze district like "Too many cheaters in silver", "I am bored of tryharders", "I have a huge latency", etc; I believe skill-wise they belong more to the bronze than to the silver district. Now, when we speak of them stomping on new players in bronze, that's a completely other subject of personal moral code. 

Well heres a news flash, there is no moral code within the APB community. If there was we wouldn't be having half the problems were having (and wed have a much bigger pop)

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

there's a few who are gold every single day in bronze who dethreat intentionally and have done so for years in some cases.

if you play enough its not hard to recognize names.

I admit I do not play enough to know them, especially if they are only playing in the bronze. Was talking based on my previous experiences, when I was way more active and complaining about the same thing until I realized things I am trying to explain now. I am aware I could be wrong, though.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Well heres a news flash, there is no moral code within the APB community. If there was we wouldn't be having half the problems were having (and wed have a much bigger pop)

Unfortunately true, I know.

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 3

Thank you all for the replies, just started getting really into APB after trying it a little years ago so I'm still relatively new.  This is in Jericho by the way, which unfortunately seems to be the lowest populated server but the other ones have high ping.

4 minutes ago, Bambola said:

I admit I do not play enough to know them, especially if they are only playing in the bronze. Was talking based on my previous experiences, when I was way more active and complaining about the same thing until I realized things I am trying to explain now. I am aware I could be wrong, though.

Play more, you will see. And ppl want the community to improve yet they refuse to change. Unless ppl step up and play right we will always have these problems and the reputation that goes with it.

Those aren't real gold threat players in the bronze districts.  Those are silver threat players who are only gold threat when they go against easier opponents such as bronze or low threat silvers.

Because our population is so small it is hard to have a balanced game in 2 districts so silvers often gain gold threat in the bronze district because they are facing easy opponents and drop back down to silver when faced with others silver and gold threat players.

Real gold players are never found in the bronze district because they don't lose their gold threat nor do they have to dethreat and join the bronze district to win games.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

Too many arguments, some of them are valid, but no one considering the extensive South American player base from countries of the region along Brs, which have latency values above 150ms to 180ms and some even more, these players stand almost no chance against 15ms-50ms players unless they find a way to surpass their latency issues, aka edgy practices.

There's plenty of gold players from SA, yet most of them either end up turning silver more often than gold or simply choose to stick to the bronze districts which sucks but is because they can't take a challenge.

That along with low population on Jericho which also forces players to dethreat in order to finish leveling contacts when there are no instances available. But the majority are already max rank so...

4 hours ago, Bambola said:

on a different thread a couple weeks ago one openly admitted to dthreating

then my post got removed for calling them a hypocrite

in my case i lay bronze as well as silver since i dont go gold normally.

I dont expect you to know any of what i posted on this thread , im just sharing what i , and others know

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Too many arguments, some of them are valid, but no one considering the extensive South American player base from countries of the region along Brs, which have latency values above 150ms to 180ms and some even more, these players stand almost no chance against 15ms-50ms players unless they find a way to surpass their latency issues, aka edgy practices.

There's plenty of gold players from SA, yet most of them either end up turning silver more often than gold or simply choose to stick to the bronze districts which sucks but is because they can't take a challenge.

That along with low population on Jericho which also forces players to dethreat in order to finish leveling contacts when there are no instances available. But the majority are already max rank so...

most br's i have witnessed in bronze are not gold daily.

if they were then they would not have any right to be in bronze at all

4 hours ago, illgot said:

Those aren't real gold threat players in the bronze districts.  Those are silver threat players who are only gold threat when they go against easier opponents such as bronze or low threat silvers.

Because our population is so small it is hard to have a balanced game in 2 districts so silvers often gain gold threat in the bronze district because they are facing easy opponents and drop back down to silver when faced with others silver and gold threat players.

Real gold players are never found in the bronze district because they don't lose their gold threat nor do they have to dethreat and join the bronze district to win games.

As stated bronze is really just filled with low tier golds and silvers. The golds in the silver districts are basically like the Global Elites from CS:GO.

1 hour ago, warside said:

As stated bronze is really just filled with low tier golds and silvers. The golds in the silver districts are basically like the Global Elites from CS:GO.

source.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, warside said:

ya mang i totally global leet status lmfaoooo aaahahahahAAHAHAHAHAhahahaHAHAa

no

58 minutes ago, Alani said:

ya mang i totally global leet status lmfaoooo aaahahahahAAHAHAHAHAhahahaHAHAa

no

Its okay, im gold on APB but silver on CSGO HAhahahahahahah .-.  yeah im pretty bad

13 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Then you have those few who actually legitly got gold and are still in the bronze dist. Those few will go to silver dist next time they need to join a dist and do the right thing.

Yea the right thing! like getting opposed to a full bitfenix group 3 times in a row, getting stomped hard, going silver threat again and rejoin bronce district...

Don't worry y'all. LO's gonna make the bad colours go away and let everyone verse everyone so we won't have this issue anymore.

How about implementing a double threat determined triggerbot?

Every bronze player in bronze district will automatically have triggerbot against gold players. That way the bronze players are rewarded for playing in bronze and the gold players are punished.

And just for the record - this is a very tongue in cheek suggestion! I know it will inflate the threat of bronze players and probably have loads of other negative consequences - as well as being difficult to code and implement (I assume).

... and it will off course be counter intuitive and over complicated for new players trying to learn the game. And I do not like counter intuitive and over complicated solutions to problems (ahem, weird heavy HVR mechanics).

Edited by AsgerLund

Oh, look, another thread about "golds" in bronze.

Must be a very difficult to wrap your heads around it that there are lots of players who are stuck between silver and gold. Too bad for silver district(over taken by golds), and too good for bronze district.

If you are going to complain about fake golds(silvers) in bronze, please also complain about golds in silver.

20 hours ago, Bambola said:

Here we go again~

That doesn't change the fact it's not fun for a new player to become opposed against somebody who has the skill to crush him.

Yet, i believe you have forgotten the people who intentionally dethreat even tho they can pretty much stand their ground in gold/silver districts just to farm quicker and easier roles (Cop surely being one of them). (Yes before you quote me on this, these kind of people are very few, but it still occurs) 

Everybody knows the matchmaking system is not good, the skill difference in a single threat can be huge (especially in gold). An elo system matchmaking could solve that, then again i believe the playerbase not being big enough to divide the population in such a way. 

tl:dr in any case there will be advantages and disadvantages, it's up to LO to decide what seems best for the game.

Edited by Outofmyway

I have nothing nice to say about any gold in any instance, even in the gold instance. 

There is such a distance, like millions of kills and obj's, from the point u turn from bronze to silver, to the point where u would turn gold from silver. I do not believe it can be done in a legit fashion. Period.

Theres also a difference in play. People like to clown n make things look funny or cool in bronze. in the other Bad Evil Silver instance. its all about Why U arent better than me, n arguments over 3 fkn meters in range. 

All the lag switching, health shields, aim bots. Far as I'm concerned Golds should be banned for doing what ever they did to get gold. Ya theres a whole pack of them in bronze right now, delaying and screwing the real players

There is no guide or list of things to accomplish to become gold, there is no meter as to how far up the silver threat u are. n Mack Aint paying shit till the golds dissappear 

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
because

Sign in to follow this