Ai-Zhú

How do people shoot precisely while moving?

Hi!

Coming back from other shooters, I have learned to either shoot in bursts or taps, whilst not moving when doing so and strafing while I am not. The problem is that the recoil or spread of the weapons is heavily RNG influenced. There is no pattern to memorize and to do training around.

That's why I am baffled when I encounter players that run or even jump while shooting and actually hit my noob a**. I have seen people jump with the sniper and sniped me while they were in mid-air. Also, veteran players seem to spray their whole mag at me and hit me with every bullet. How do they manage to do that? I mean isn't there recoil and spread for them? Additionally, the crosshair is bugging me up as it is dynamic and not static. I can't pinpoint where I am aiming at and it is making things really difficult for me.

Are there any tips to handle the weapon recoil and spread like they do?

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 6

its just experience for the most part - knowing what range a gun will reliably land shots at no matter what the crosshairs show, knowing when to push with riskier strategies (like using a gun when its inaccurate), how to manage spread and bloom in general, and how to effectively counter your opponents weapons

unfortunately that means there's no real shortcut, you just have to put the time in to learn the game

there are a few "pick up and play" weapons in apb that can be effective immediately, but they're generally balanced out by being worse (either statistically or through a lower skill ceiling) than more "skilled" weapons, so in the long run its better for you to rack up experience than cheese off guns with limited potential 

as for tips i think the biggest one would be to settle on a primary (i would suggest the ntec5 or the obeya cr762 so that you have more all-round capability, but really any gun will do) and really commit to mastering it, only then move on to another gun

keep the starting fbw - its easily tied as the best secondary in the game, its free, its permanent, and the need to fire it at a set speed to get maximum effectiveness will help you when it comes to other weapons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

Listen to everything he's saying, he's spot on. Also, buy Clotting Agent 3 and equipment from the marketplace when/if you have the funds (some people will insist on Happy Landing 1-3, but I think it's crap). Equipment especially is just a direct upgrade with no downside, but you only get a few slots so pick the ones that are most commonly used/most helpful.

It might look like they're spraying and dumping their whole magazine, but if you examine good player's actions, they're controlling their rate of fire. Some people in this community can do it so well that it's obscene and can look like a macro to an untrained eye. Not saying they don't exist, but some people really are just that good.

4 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Hi!

Coming back from other shooters, I have learned to either shoot in bursts or taps, whilst not moving when doing so and strafing while I am not. The problem is that the recoil or spread of the weapons is heavily RNG influenced. There is no pattern to memorize and to do training around.

That's why I am baffled when I encounter players that run or even jump while shooting and actually hit my noob a**. I have seen people jump with the sniper and sniped me while they were in mid-air. Also, veteran players seem to spray their whole mag at me and hit me with every bullet. How do they manage to do that? I mean isn't there recoil and spread for them? Additionally, the crosshair is bugging me up as it is dynamic and not static. I can't pinpoint where I am aiming at and it is making things really difficult for me.

Are there any tips to handle the weapon recoil and spread like they do?

100% cheat.

Also bear in mind that most of these players if not everyone of them usually have a custom crosshair that helps to center their aiming disregarding the crosshair bloom when moving or jumping. That's the only way to do effective jump-shots and keep a good tracking of aim while moving. Whoever says the contrary is either lying or just naive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Also bear in mind that most of these players if not everyone of them usually have a custom crosshair that helps to center their aiming disregarding the crosshair bloom when moving or jumping. That's the only way to do effective jump-shots and keep a good tracking of aim while moving. Whoever says the contrary is either lying or just naive.

I mean, the middle of your screen is the middle of your screen.

It's the same spot in almost any game.

So most of us should have thousands upon thousands of hours focusing on that same spot. 

Not to say a lot of players don't use overlays, because they certainly do, but I disagree on the "whoever says contrary is either lying ng or just naive". 

• Like 2

i think i am almost always moving when i shoot. or... stop-shoot-move as synchronous as possible.

and as cookie says, the center of your screen is the center of your screen. know that area well because no matter what, that is the general area of your shot. even with a snubnos. well, sorta 😉

i love the mobility sling and use it on most weapons. some people find it useless but for my play style it works well.

and lastly, some people are good and some people... well they cheat. just the way it is. in the halloween event for example there was a player with 30+ kills using an LMG that shot like a laser. everyone else (full server) was around 4-6 kills. he didn't need to crouch to shoot, etc.  i am pointing this out so you don't get too discouraged when you are experiencing it. just gut it out and play through it to get onto the next round/match.

3 hours ago, Salvick said:

Is it allowed by the rules to have such modifications to the crosshair?

50 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

nope

however, jump shooting can be done easily without a custom crosshair as the crosshair doesn't disappear while jumping. It only applies to going in and out of sprint and some of the people who have autosprint enabled may use it. Most play vanille so it's not an issue.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So most of us should have thousands upon thousands of hours focusing on that same spot. 

Not to say a lot of players don't use overlays, because they certainly do, but I disagree on the "whoever says contrary is either lying ng or just naive". 

Yeah well, I was being a bit extremist on purpose tbh, but after a while playing you learn to tell when a player is using a custom/overlay crosshair or not.

Some times I also enjoy turning off the whole HUD here and in other games and it is true that is not hard to aim without crosshair, it just requires a whole different play style and makes it way more intuitive imo.

3 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

It is not allowed at all to make any sort of file modifications or using third-party software that affects the game, so while it falls under the "third-party programs" category imo, there's this gray area where anybody could use an overlay program like the ones you use for streaming/video recording or these that even comes as a display feature in some monitors.

The most valid argument is that nothing stops you from taking a pen and drawing a dot in the center of your screen while I also agree that a fix dot as part of the game crosshair would solve the controversy.

Personally I used to get very upset at people using custom crosshairs in the past but was because I considered that custom shaders would allow to other shady modifications of the game graphics as no smoke and such, but since they forbid custom shaders I don't think a custom crosshair is a big deal.

Most are experience and muscle memory, people often jump, strafe and shoot people into corners with weapons, if you do that often you will learn how to do it often.

Before they nerfed scout people used the jump-shoot people from 80m behind walls easily

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Time to dust off the old videos that you dont even need a crosshair, having crosshairs is a serious crutch that helps people center their aiming disregarding the crosshair bloom when moving or jumping.
That's the only way to do effective jump-shots and keep a good tracking of aim while moving. Whoever says the contrary is either lying or just naive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You really think no one notices what you're doing there?

For anyone curious, "draw a dot" in the center of your screen and watch these videos in full screen to get a nice surprise. *wink-wink*

Edited by Salvick

13 minutes ago, Salvick said:

For anyone curious, "draw a dot" in the center of your screen and watch these videos in full screen to get a nice surprise. *wink-wink*

he missed some shots trying to find the center.

You can know where the center of your screen is just by using it a lot, do you look at your keyboard when typing?

I'm genuinely surprised this thread has been insightful for the most part instead of comments one might except

So the community can be nice. The more you know

2 hours ago, Salvick said:

but after a while playing you learn to tell when a player is using a custom/overlay crosshair or not.

after playing a while you learn that a center crosshair isn’t going to magically improve someone’s aim to the point where you can perceive it just by playing against them

49 minutes ago, Salvick said:

for someone who’s apparently a veteran expert you sure seem to have a poor grasp of the capabilities of different skill levels from your own

5 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

nope

2 hours ago, Salvick said:

It is not allowed at all to make any sort of file modifications or using third-party software that affects the game, so while it falls under the "third-party programs" category imo, there's this gray area where anybody could use an overlay program like the ones you use for streaming/video recording or these that even comes as a display feature in some monitors.

The most valid argument is that nothing stops you from taking a pen and drawing a dot in the center of your screen while I also agree that a fix dot as part of the game crosshair would solve the controversy.

“currently my stance is "We're not banning for crosshairoverlays, anything outside of the game. Don't go editing any of the images or any of the crosshairs ingame, don't start tweaking around with things. If you want to run something outside of the game, we can stop them but we are not going to police to that level of what's happening on your PC while you're playing the game. The trick is don't modify the files, but overlays can be used. “

thanks for playing

source: mattscott q&a #2

10 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I'm genuinely surprised this thread has been insightful for the most part instead of comments one might except

So the community can be nice. The more you know

op didn’t come in crying and raging, and unlike certain other idiot posters he also didn’t hackusate half the active population, it’s not really surprising to me that a constructive thread gets mostly constructive responses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Solamente said:

for someone who’s apparently a veteran expert you sure seem to have a poor grasp of the capabilities of different skill levels from your own

Same back at you since you're not getting it, I'm not talking about "centering aim" but there's something else, but while someone with way more experience than you is noticing it this seems to upsets you more than if you just try to figure out.

Anyways, I'm sorry if anything I said is bothering "half the active population of the game" disregarding who is more or less experienced, there's no harm bringing on different points of view, even if some of these might be wrong, though there's a difference on calling people idiot while you might be acting like one yourself. Let's everybody chill and let this thread serve its purpose.

Then they talk about toxicity on forums. *facepalm*

10 hours ago, Salvick said:

Thats actually bs.

6 hours ago, Salvick said:

Thank you for pointing out that actually doing this would make the whole point of making a video about it pointless.

Which is why i made a video while specifically not doing this.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

3 hours ago, ForeverCrooked said:

Much like csgo the crosshair in apb actually isn't located perfectly center of the screen.

It’s not located perfectly in center only on low res due to lack of pixels, in high res it’s perfectly located at the center of the screen

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salvick said:

Is the surprise that being able to aim at and track a target equals landing shots? 

In open field Using a shotgun the best advice you can have while shooting I guess  stay more possible in front of your opponent, dont play too much with your mouse focus with W-A-S-D.. and of course in a close range possible..

Sniping or slow fire rate weapons in general is a matter of predicting the next movement of your opponent, if he is moving right, for example fire a little more to the right of him, predicting where he is going.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:29 AM, Lign said:

It’s not located perfectly in center only on low res due to lack of pixels, in high res it’s perfectly located at the center of the screen

res doesn't matter its always off slightly. either take a screenshot and measure or just use some overlay software to put a dot in the middle of the screen and you'll see the in game crosshair isn't centered.

Edited by ForeverCrooked

duh, h4x for sure mate. no one can be skilled and precise at this game.