Sign in to follow this  
Gizzly

How effective is BattleEye

36 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

That video made me feel much better about my own play, thank you. Now i can see how someone can play in bronze district and stay silver threat. It is not a problem of threat system being unfair to me, but my own play being a tiny bit better than that of an average silver player.

P.S. yes, I meant to be a little harsh. Stop hip-firing N-TEC while running. It is not how you use that gun.

Edited by holyTyu
P.S.

1 hour ago, TheTankBal said:

im not saying names. im just thinking BE isnt really doing its job.

So,

1 – You keep running in open field to the same area;

2 – You keep running into an enemy with an ALIG, from mid quarter pov: you're either brave or a fool;

3 – You miss a hundred shots at the enemy with the Joker CR-5;

4 – To be honest, by watching the video you didn't seem to be trying to engage in the mission for reals, or that's your playstyle for now. If the last option is the case, i'd suggest to train a little harder.

The secret of alig is shooting twice each mouse click. He could have killed him in about one second at that short distance.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

OMG everyone I think is cheating isnt banned right away, battle eye sucks! ;doasf;lknjdsafl;knfdsanklglkn;aeroiewoirgo'lkn

Ya so ignoring your video and assuming you were facing cheaters, this is gonna take time.  The best hope is that they fine tune the system, catch teh cheats so that they need to go down and be reworked, and closets cant get away with it forever and feel safe.  But its not gonna be an instant thing.

How many more of your moronic threads which are always timely removed do we have to see until your posting privileges on this board are finally removed!

• Like 1

Are there any rewards for reporting hackers or hacker websites?

Just now, JellyBOY said:

Are there any rewards for reporting hackers or hacker websites?

It's appreciated if the person is actually hacking, but no, you don't get anything.

2 hours ago, TheTankBal said:

im not saying names. im just thinking BE isnt really doing its job.

Nice, typical silver tactics - running into the same place 3 times in row. Believe me, they expect you from there.

Pro tip: Next time... try to attack other sides?

Edited by MitneAlt

On the off chance you are being genuine here, I respect that you took the time to record this and that you're "letting LO have the final say", but there are simply a few things wrong with this:

1. This shows nothing that remotely resembles cheating in APB. Most weapons can be reliable at that range and you're too in the open, plus you're barely ever fighting back.
2. LO has stated that they don't believe in the public name and shame and have removed videos of "blatant hackers" in the past, so videos like there are pointless to upload as they'll likely be removed. If you believe someone is cheating, take your evidence privately and contact a GM. 
3. It's very easy to mistake a lot of uncommon movement and aiming styles as "hacking" in APB:R, because the way the shooter works makes certain things seem "suspicious" (people who are running away but do a sudden turn to aim at you because their camera was aiming behind, etc). You should let yourself get to a higher rank before you're quick to call hacks.

Name and shame... though there is no one to shame except the OP. Great job Ray! :classic_rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I respect the OP for their effort in taking video, and I think there was some good discussion here. 

Unfortunately I have to agree that there isn't a lot of conclusive evidence here.

I'm going to lock this thread and leave it up, but in the future please submit these videos to a GM or someone at LO.

Our policy is to typically remove these videos, so let's not post them to the forums in the future.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2