Sign in to follow this  
Gizzly

How effective is BattleEye

I'd just like to know how many players BattleEye has banned within the first couple of hours or maybe after the first 24 hours of implimenting it. I completely agree with Naming and Shaming being toxic so I'd just like a number and not a list

It is one of the more effective ones but don't get your hopes up. it isn't some miracle thing.

I doubt anyone will be banned for a while, they probably just logging and reviewing.

The people that cheated before can just go play without cheats now without being punished and enjoy their boosted characters...... On the other hand there will be less cheaters.....

• Like 2

It's no godsend (well in this game's current state it is) but it gets the job done.

It's a client sided anti-cheat, different compared to fairfight (checks for stats compared to checking your game)

Implementing FairFight again with it would yield to better results most likely.

Edited by 悲しい春

A lot of big cheat makers that make the "buy the sub and download and go" style cheats dont touch games with BE because of the way BE actually does it's detection and bans. It's not worth their time to constantly patch and update their cheats just to be able to support people getting banned and stuff.

Would say that BE is the best you can get, take that for what you will. Public bypasses and cheats get taken care of pretty quickly and private ones are less common. Crime always happens but at least we have something fighting it now.

• Like 1

Yea Battle eye works to good i cant play the game becouse the battle eye blocked this game. i cant START IT !!!!

2 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

It's a client sided anti-cheat, different compared to fairfight (checks for stats compared to checking your game)

Implementing FairFight again with it would yield to better results most likely.

IIRC, FairFight is still running in the background, while BattlEye has taken primary use as the anti-cheat.

Well right now its still pretty much a hackfest and a Dethreatfest.

14 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

I've only heard one person in /d say they were dethreating, and so far no hackers I've encountered...

Just now, Sergsininia said:

I've only heard one person in /d say they were dethreating, and so far no hackers I've encountered...

I can actually name the dethreaters as they were all level 255. But followed a wallhacker around today.

Effectiveness should be measured in terms of the number of people you see hacking, not how many people are banned.

I've only done a few FC rounds so far, but there's been a noticeable drop in "intensity". So it's definitely done something.

1 minute ago, Y2Venom said:

I can actually name the dethreaters as they were all level 255. But followed a wallhacker around today.

BattlEye has nothing to do with dethreating though, so I'm not sure why you're talking about it here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

BattlEye has nothing to do with dethreating though, so I'm not sure why you're talking about it here?

Battle Eye came in with TOS which also spoke about Dethreating. So i brought up dethreating. I have seen players use macro, wall and aimbot so far. My guess is they will be banned soon enough.

I'd like to beg to differ. I honestly think naming and shaming is not toxic, I'd like to know who, in my opposition, cheated. I don't believe shaming someone who consciously agreed to cheat even though that's against the EULA to be a bad thing since, you know, they took that decision themselves. But, then again, naming and shaming xxxkiller1337xxxx doesn't help much knowing the actual identity of the cheater

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xCROv said:

A lot of big cheat makers that make the "buy the sub and download and go" style cheats dont touch games with BE because of the way BE actually does it's detection and bans. It's not worth their time to constantly patch and update their cheats just to be able to support people getting banned and stuff.

I'm sorry to give a bad news, but having been in these kinds of "communities", the biggest providers of these maleficent tools are already working on how to get around the new anti-cheat. I therefore foresee a return of the cheaters in a few weeks, if not days.

This means that there is a constant need to complete BE to the maximum.

47 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

This is the reason to remove segregation, cheats and dethreaters do it for the same reason - It's more fun to feel like a God,..so let them kill the odd noob by pooling everyone of every skill together.....

4 hours ago, Birthlight said:

It's no godsend (well in this game's current state it is)...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Kast2 said:

I'm sorry to give a bad news, but having been in these kinds of "communities", the biggest providers of these maleficent tools are already working on how to get around the new anti-cheat. I therefore foresee a return of the cheaters in a few weeks, if not days.

I understand what you mean but I think you are missing my point. There are two notable pay and go style cheat makers out there and none of them have hacks for games that are running BE, pubg for example. There is a reason for it, and it's the way that BE operates and handles cheat detection. BE is a very good anti-cheat and I'm excited to see it come to the game.

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Battle Eye came in with TOS which also spoke about Dethreating. So i brought up dethreating. I have seen players use macro, wall and aimbot so far. My guess is they will be banned soon enough.

Matt did say that they put in some safeguards to keep BE from going off the rails until they were sure it was implemented properly, perhaps one of them is to manually approve every ban, but that's just speculation.

3 hours ago, Kast2 said:

There are no public pay cheat sites for any BE protected games (Fortnite, PUBG, etc) so I'm sure we'll see cheaters, but far less than before.

HOW EFFECTIVE IS BATTLEEYE

Uhm, first thing I noticed was no more Brazilians... if that's any standard of measure.

19 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Uhm, first thing I noticed was no more Brazilians... if that's any standard of measure.

What?

I played with Brazilians all day long.