Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

Demon/Demoness Color Change

Cause it looked like the red of enemy names. Can be confusing especially for new players.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Because of this:

D0xwSKD.png

...friend or foe?

Not sure if a whole new forum thread was needed but I'm glad you asked so I could bring this screenshot here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they had made it like blood red where its a darker red there wouldn't have been confusion, or as much. Tbh any shade would cause issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If they had made it like blood red where its a darker red there wouldn't have been confusion, or as much. Tbh any shade would cause issues.

Now I don't speak for everyone but I myself am a basic fuzzy bunny and will fire at anything within this colour range.

Y12IIsK.png

Doesn't matter if it's friend, foe, civilian, sign post, my own radar, or pop up window - if it's reddish it gets a spray and while I'm not basic enough to complain to LO about all the reddish things in APB - I sure do appreciate the effort to remove one less thing for me and my happy trigger to have a panic attack over. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Now I don't speak for everyone but I myself am a basic fuzzy bunny and will fire at anything within this colour range.

Doesn't matter if it's friend, foe, civilian, sign post, my own radar, or pop up window - if it's reddish it gets a spray and while I'm not basic enough to complain to LO about all the reddish things in APB - I sure do appreciate the effort to remove one less thing for me and my happy trigger to have a panic attack over. 

This is basically it.  While i had the title equipped i was wondering why i kept getting blasted by team mates when i would round a corner or pop up behind them.  Prime showcase of why we never got any red titles since its an instinctive reaction that red = dead in video games.  Not sure about other shades of red and im not sure why the Neutral titles were changed from green but oh well i guess.

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

While i had the title equipped i was wondering why i kept getting blasted by team mates when i would round a corner or pop up behind them.  

If any of those was a SHAW, I apologise - my bad.

I do agree though - anything that's beyond the normal colour title in APB does make me do a double-take, but the red shades it's a case of fire first, check later. 

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Cause it looked like the red of enemy names. Can be confusing especially for new players.

It was confusing to old players.  I was getting distracted by all the red titles.

Just now, illgot said:

It was confusing to old players.  I was getting distracted by all the red titles.

That was included in my statement

People are goofballs if Demon/Demoness being red confused them. Bring the red back please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zeals said:

People are goofballs if Demon/Demoness being red confused them. Bring the red back please.

because people shouldnt ever shoot at red names

In the end it was hurting split second decision making, killing an enemy and then flicking over in the heat of the moment as you saw something red on either side of your screen, accidentally blasting a team mate in the back because old players are just so focused on red text being an enemy. I personally had to disable titles as I found myself shooting team mates rather often if they were using that title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zeals said:

+

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

In the end it was hurting split second decision making, killing an enemy and then flicking over in the heat of the moment as you saw something red on either side of your screen, accidentally blasting a team mate in the back because old players are just so focused on red text being an enemy. I personally had to disable titles as I found myself shooting team mates rather often if they were using that title.

If you don't look at names but on titles (which are right below them) you guys need to visit a doctor, just, right now. Seems liek you got issues or you need glasses to see better.

I honestly never had that problem, i read the names before goign to shoot them and i don't look at titles.

1 hour ago, zeals said:

I never shot at red titles but seeing red floating above a character distracted me enough to be annoying.  That type of annoyance added nothing to the game and only added frustration when you see a red title jumping around out of the corner of your eye.

It was a good change.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

+

If you don't look at names but on titles (which are right below them) you guys need to visit a doctor, just, right now. Seems liek you got issues or you need glasses to see better.

I honestly never had that problem, i read the names before goign to shoot them and i don't look at titles.

it’s especially annoying during the halloween event where a lot of the time it’s a several vs 1 situation, because there’s so many names clumped together its impossible to “just read them” - hard to tell if you’re shooting at a friendly with a red title or a red enemy buried in teammates 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Aight, sorry for being used to connecting colors and crucial information, been doing that for 7 years now and I think its hard to turn back : ) My point is that at the end of the day, most vets are used to identifying things using colors instead of reading, Titles with the same color as enemy player names hurts this balance greatly.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 6

+

I'm guessing the topic of this thread went straight over your head.  This isn't a reading issue, it's about colors.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Aight, sorry for being used to connecting colors and crucial information, been doing that for 7 years now and I think its hard to turn back : ) My point is that at the end of the day, most vets are used to identifying things using colors instead of reading, Titles with the same color as enemy player names hurts this balance greatly.

39 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I'm guessing the topic of this thread went straight over your head.  This isn't a reading issue, it's about colors.

qiMRJiT.png These.

+

There are literally studies, articles, and videos that explain how the colour red has a deep effect on the human psyche. I call myself basic for falling for it but it is a basic response to red to react that way, overriding it is no simple task and LO shouldn't be blamed for accepting the bad design for putting red in the game that way.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1

Okay sure, Red is the enemy too so you can't have that, but then make it dark red? Or literally any other shade of red.

Not having red titles sparks the whole "Red is dead" argument for colour detecting T-Bots and that shit hurtie. 

Member when a GM used a colour based TBot on stream with a DMR? Ha that was a good time. I honestly hate that this game can be exploited in stupid ways like colour manipulation/detection.

As for the individuals who cannot restrain themselves from shooting anything red, jfc get glasses or something because you're a danger to yourself and everyone around you clearly. Like I'm dressed in red and black head to toe in game. I never get shot by teammates unless some stupid positioning is involved, and if you can't NOT HIT GREEN? just like you'd see RED? 

If that's the case, remove every green title. Just to be sure lol?

While you're at it please remove all the gold/yellow ones because I can't tell if their P5 or N5.

Holy shit if they do this I'll actually kms.

Edited by Trivirium
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Trivirium said:

Okay sure, Red is the enemy too so you can't have that, but then make it dark red? Or literally any other shade of red.

Not having red titles sparks the whole "Red is dead" argument for colour detecting T-Bots and that shit hurtie. 

Member when a GM used a colour based TBot on stream with a DMR? Ha that was a good time. I honestly hate that this game can be exploited in stupid ways like colour manipulation/detection.

As for the individuals who cannot restrain themselves from shooting anything red, jfc get glasses or something because you're a danger to yourself and everyone around you clearly. Like I'm dressed in red and black head to toe in game. I never get shot by teammates unless some stupid positioning is involved, and if you can't NOT HIT GREEN? just like you'd see RED? 

If that's the case, remove every green title. Just to be sure lol?

While you're at it please remove all the gold/yellow ones because I can't tell if their P5 or N5.

Holy shit if they do this I'll actually kms.

What do titles have to do with trigger bots?  I could be wrong but most of those are based on the reticle which only cycles between 3 specific colors.  Titles have no effect on that.

10 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

What do titles have to do with trigger bots?  I could be wrong but most of those are based on the reticle which only cycles between 3 specific colors.  Titles have no effect on that.

colorbots can ping on names (and name colored titles) as well since they can be the same color as the red crosshair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RCooper said:

Make the demon/demoness title black

this tbh

Sign in to follow this