IP2X

Old nicknames

Matt wrote this in the recent blog post:

Effective October 2nd, we will be releasing any character or clan name that hasn't been logged into for a year or more.

Anyone know if this really went into effect already?

it was DELAYED

because a few people were crying about the guys who sit on names or something

or its just an excuse because it cant be done as easily as they thought lmao

3 minutes ago, Alani said:

it was DELAYED

because a few people were crying about the guys who sit on names or something

or its just an excuse because it cant be done as easily as they thought lmao

lol you saved me some time. I sat for about ten minutes trying to make a player with an OG name and I didn't understand how people had already caught so many names.

Thanks!

Sucks when you bought G1C for a name change like 2 days before it happened only for it to be mega delayed.

imo it’s likely that they’re going to do the server unification before we get any more news on the name wipe, otherwise there’s too much potential for conflicts 

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

imo it’s likely that they’re going to do the server unification before we get any more news on the name wipe, otherwise there’s too much potential for conflicts 

I would just make it able to take wiped names only on citadel. Anyway the servers will be merged in the future and most NA players chose to play on citadel due to a population problem

Just now, Lign said:

I would just make it able to take wiped names only on citadel. Anyway the servers will be merged in the future and most NA players chose to play on citadel due to a population problem

well then its a good thing you aren't in charge then

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

well then its a good thing you aren't in charge then

What are you going to do when two different persons took the same nickname on citadel and on jericho when it’s time to merge them for the new system? Give it to the one who has the highest time played on that name? Then it’s going to be unfair for other. Server unification? Why do we need it when we gonna have one big server

1 minute ago, Lign said:

What are you going to do when two different persons took the same nickname on citadel and on jericho when it’s time to merge them for the new system? Give it to the one who has the highest time played on that name? Then it’s going to be unfair for other. Server unification? Why do we need it when we gonna have one big server

that's literally what i just said wtf

6 hours ago, Lign said:

yes we need server unification because that is what one big server is. And the name as usual would go to the one who had it first.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

yes we need server unification because that is what one big server is. And the name as usual would go to the one who had it first.

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

that's literally what i just said wtf

It seems I've mistaken unification to the thing where you'll have the server name upon the character like in WoW

10 hours ago, Lign said:

Hah. Nice joke. NA thinking it's important here.

NA population might be at steady but steady low. No new players and eroding veteran base. You will see it crumble very soon.

(Unless I understood it wrongly and it's other way around?)

Edited by Mitne