Sign in to follow this  
NatTurner

Battle Eye Blocked Content

Hello APB community and moderation team, 

I have a question regarding blocked processes and battle eye messages. I'm sure many of us will also have similar questions. What is the best way to address them? Personally, I use an application called Prio 

Found here

It's a small application that fixes a minor annoyance in the Windows OS that came about with the advent of Windows 7. It basically automatically sets the CPU priority for an application. 

From the website: 

Prio will save the applied changes and each time you start this process from now on, it will set the saved priority for it. You will not have to change the priority manually any more.

When I upgraded my PC and added a new graphics card and faster processor APB was subjected to constant crashes. I found that for whatever reason the OS was not lending the appropriate resources to APBprogram so I have to manually set the CPU priority to High or Realtime in order to prevent crashes. 

I am one case and I'm sure there are many others that have done what it takes to continue to play the game we love. I am a clean player and have never been banned for anything across my MANY, MANY, MANY accounts. I love this game. I don't want to login and get beat on for using an application that made APB playable for me 😞 

Please advise!

i don't see how this would trigger BE. but if you really are that worried, just set priority in taskmanager.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NatTurner said:

Hello APB community and moderation team, 

I have a question regarding blocked processes and battle eye messages. I'm sure many of us will also have similar questions. What is the best way to address them? Personally, I use an application called Prio 

Found here

It's a small application that fixes a minor annoyance in the Windows OS that came about with the advent of Windows 7. It basically automatically sets the CPU priority for an application. 

From the website: 

When I upgraded my PC and added a new graphics card and faster processor APB was subjected to constant crashes. I found that for whatever reason the OS was not lending the appropriate resources to APBprogram so I have to manually set the CPU priority to High or Realtime in order to prevent crashes. 

I am one case and I'm sure there are many others that have done what it takes to continue to play the game we love. I am a clean player and have never been banned for anything across my MANY, MANY, MANY accounts. I love this game. I don't want to login and get beat on for using an application that made APB playable for me 😞 

Please advise!

Email BattlEye support and ask them. They will get back to you and let you know if their anti cheat will detect it or not. Best to hear it straight from them. 

39 minutes ago, neophobia said:

i don't see how this would trigger BE. but if you really are that worried, just set priority in taskmanager.

It gets blocked by BE and doesn't allow the application to do it's job. Setting priority for the 2 applications that need it (PnkbstrAprogram, APBprogram) isn't a huge deal, but it's a minor annoyance. I'm sure I'm not the only person with a situation like this. My application and purpose might be unique but I'm sure there are many others that have done something or another to deal with this game being poorly optimized. For them, they might not be so lucky to have such a simple resolution. 

Edited by NatTurner

So if something could cause a  ban it won't even let you start APB while running it? I'm tempted to use my sound equalizer since it seemed fine on OTW but I was there only for 5 minutes tho

46 minutes ago, NatTurner said:

It gets blocked by BE and doesn't allow the application to do it's job. Setting priority for the 2 applications that need it (PnkbstrAprogram, APBprogram) isn't a huge deal, but it's a minor annoyance. I'm sure I'm not the only person with a situation like this. My application and purpose might be unique but I'm sure there are many others that have done something or another to deal with this game being poorly optimized. For them, they might not be so lucky to have such a simple resolution. 

Oh, while your title reflected that, your text didn't, I thought you were just being afraid of getting a ban (as stated in the text) and chose a poor title (sorry :P).

Okay, one note here: G1 even stated you can uninstall Punkbuster. It has been removed from the game for a long time and isn't needed anymore - it's just a relic of the past on your PC.

Others than that, sorry, don't have a solution at hand.

It doesn't really sound an issue on the side of APB though. (Except for BE blocking your solution to the original problem...)

Edited by neophobia

using a similar, but better program called ProcessLasso.

i'm very sure it won't cause any issues, as long as it doesn't inject itself into the game.

17 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

using a similar, but better program called ProcessLasso.

i'm very sure it won't cause any issues, as long as it doesn't inject itself into the game.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Have you tested with BE yet? Currently BE just blocks my app and prevents it from changing the priority. Are you able to set priority and affinity with this app? 

40 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

So if something could cause a  ban it won't even let you start APB while running it? I'm tempted to use my sound equalizer since it seemed fine on OTW but I was there only for 5 minutes tho

Oh no my friend, BE has a warning message saying the app is disabled and it’s intended functionality doesn’t impact APB. So in my case APB opens and loads but my app can’t set the CPU priority. In your case I would imagine it just won’t allow you to use your equalizer controls. 

i dont understand how i fix the Battle eye blocked thing, i cant play apb becouse this shit. need support for my language.

17 minutes ago, NatTurner said:

Have you tested with BE yet? Currently BE just blocks my app and prevents it from changing the priority. Are you able to set priority and affinity with this app?

Oh no my friend, BE has a warning message saying the app is disabled and it’s intended functionality doesn’t impact APB. So in my case APB opens and loads but my app can’t set the CPU priority. In your case I would imagine it just won’t allow you to use your equalizer controls.

not only does it change priority and affinity, you can change your power plan and theres a thing called 'probalance' that lowers the usage of other programs in the background, while keeping all the power on focus on the game (especially if you buy the program, it's free and most of the features can be used free.)

well, chilled in social for a while browsing the market, didn't encounter any issues thus far.

oh, and messing around with cpu priority is unnecessary. you can put it at above normal (better than high iirc) if you really want to. windows asserts priorities properly on it's own, so no need to fiddle with it.

Edited by 悲しい春
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NatTurner said:

Have you tested with BE yet? Currently BE just blocks my app and prevents it from changing the priority. Are you able to set priority and affinity with this app? 

oh ok

8 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

i dont understand how i fix the Battle eye blocked thing

1 hour ago, Shiggi said:

me irl

You can edit the registry to have APB run in high priority automatically.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\APB.e xe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

Save that as a .reg file in notepad and run it. Delete the space in "e xe".

GZAACfN.jpg

Edited by MOAB
e x e
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this