blockblack

Any solution for my problem?

I have a BIG problem... I hate being bronze threat because it makes me feel bad about myself and it also makes everyone call me a "noob" or "ez player", My treat is currently High-end silver (one more win and then gold)

So the problem is that I get really mad and insult everyone when I am losing a mission because of my team because it is not my mistake... and because I want to keep my threat or upgrade it I really hate losing...

The actual problem: how can I chill and keep calm when losing? because I really really (keeps saying really for an hour) don't want to get a threat downgrade...

So do you have any solution for my problem?

Even if your mates did mistakes think about what you could have done different in the situation to win it.

Try to focus on yourself ... also look for similar minded/skilled premates.

Remember why you play the game .To have a good time and because you like it , not the threat . It's really a mindset thing, but I'm sure there are guides online in gaming in general about this issue (ranked etc)

• Thanks 1

If you feel angry or frustrated, just look at this

hqdefault.jpg

I try to remind myself not to care about the bullshoot that's happening as often as possible when playing... I mean look at this game and (most part of) this community... in the end it's all meaningless anyway - it's not like you're going pro and play in some sort of APB worldcup anyway LUL.
try to enjoy the gameplay / designing, immersion into the world and hanging out with some friends (if you have any to group with...) and remind yourself to not give a fuck before every mission you play...
as soon as you see yourself in a tilted position where you're about to go berserk - you should remind yourself that caring too much about a petty game hurts nothing but your own sanity.

it helped me cope with some tilting issues I had years ago... yea, I do complain about a few things still, but I never rage or smash my desk like I did when I was still a teenager.

as stupid and simple as this always sounds: snap back to reality... "it's just a game." - not worth wasting your energy for and making yourself feel bad.

moms spaghetti

• Like 1

Back in the day, I used to play a PvE game which had an intense PvP system integrated and most of the time it was fertile ground for all sorts of dramas, bring forth the community's toxicity. One of my closest male friends, who was an outstanding PvPer, told me his secret to stay calm yet always focused and in control of a situation is a quick onanism before having huge battles. I do not know if it would help to everyone, but it makes sense to try, given it reduces stress and releases feel-good hormones such as dopamine, endorphins, prolactin and oxytocin.

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

If you have problems to even get gold .. you are just a bad player lol
So gitgud

3 hours ago, blockblack said:

I have a BIG problem... I hate being bronze threat because it makes me feel bad about myself and it also makes everyone call me a "noob" or "ez player", My treat is currently High-end silver (one more win and then gold)

So the problem is that I get really mad and insult everyone when I am losing a mission because of my team because it is not my mistake... and because I want to keep my threat or upgrade it I really hate losing...

phasing

3 hours ago, blockblack said:

The actual problem: how can I chill and keep calm when losing? because I really really (keeps saying really for an hour) don't want to get a threat downgrade...

remind yourself its a game and to have fun and not give a care about winning and losing but to socialize and make friends more.

people who make themselves be competitive usually go over the top and people who come to make friends even with ops usually do not.

6 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

So gitgud

Someone's threat and skill level have nothing to do with the way they cope with losing matches and situations they perceive as personal failures.

If you have problems to even understand the subject of the topic .. you are just a bad forumer, lol.

So gitgud.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Back in the day, I used to play a PvE game which had an intense PvP system integrated and most of the time it was fertile ground for all sorts of dramas, bring forth the community's toxicity. One of my closest male friends, who was an outstanding PvPer, told me his secret to stay calm yet always focused and in control of a situation is a quick onanism before having huge battles. I do not know if it would help to everyone, but it makes sense to try, given it reduces stress and releases feel-good hormones such as dopamine, endorphins, prolactin and oxytocin.

Wait what? Masterbating before getting into huge battles? Are you kidding me?

28 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

So gitgud

eh I've been gold a-lot of times, But when APB gives you Bad teammates... You lose your gold...

5 hours ago, blockblack said:

Stop giving a shit.

Seriously. That is the one single way. Just stop caring.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you are young and I'd like to add my point of view here if it helps at all:

Whenever you feel you're going to get upset with your team just remember that they might be learning or having the same trouble you have to keep up with the game.

And what I do in these cases is stop caring about my personal satisfaction to try to approach them and help with anything I can, if I don't feel with the energy to do that I simply type /abandonmission before we get opp or I just play without caring at all or such.

Now, whenever you get upset about your opposition remember they are just players the same as you are and their goals are the same as yours which should be to have fun and enjoyment.

If I assume a player might be toxic or get upset at anything I do what I usually do is ignoring the whole opp for the duration of the match or just turning off the whole chat, this way I can avoid any personal interactions besides the game play till the match ends so I preserve myself from undesired whispers at the same time I refrain from doing it myself.

And the most important thing some people already said, do not care about a video game, it is a virtual environment that has 0 influence in your real life and what you actually are in real life. Just keep in mind that tomorrow when you wake up and go outside to the real world you don't have an OSMAW + OCA Nano, a box of ammo and a steel plated Nulander Pioneer truck with remote explosives and neither you are a video game character, so whatever you do in a video game should remain as a fantasy and it shouldn't affect your emotions in a negative way.

That said without considering the inherent toxicity of any online game nowadays and particularly in APB, but that my friend is another topic. gg ez.

Having been there before, I'd have to agree with those that say "try to care less about winning". It's honestly true. I changed my views for the most part to personal performance/getting that one kill on the annoying guy, and it turned out better lol. That is unless i'm getting trash missions in a row or some other annoying thing like 2v2s instead of 3v3/4s4s.

Play casually. 

Don't try. Just let your gameplay flow like water. Use the guns your bad at.

Check out that thread called "how to not get angry while playing Apb"

35 minutes ago, darok70 said:

Just let your gameplay flow like water

thanks bruce lee

• Like 1

This thread is pretty spot on. Care less about winning - care more about masturbation. The more you learn about yourself and your triggers/kinks, the better a teammate you can be. A more giving and considerate teammate.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blockblack said:

You need to consider the truth, it has nothing to do with threat.

Even if you were gold you would still lose, you would still be called a noob or fake gold and there are people that will trash talk no matter what.

Losing is the end result of others being better at that given time.

Realistically are you ever going to win every single time? - no

Are you the best player in the game? - no

Can other people out play you? - yes

You need to change your way of thinking, even the best team in the game can lose because they did the wrong thing at a given moment in time.

What would you do differently next time?

How can you improve?

Do you know why you are not a better player? (PC, internet, other factors?) Try to identify you weaknessees

Once you know yourself and understand what it is you need to change you will start to improve.

Excuses and blaming others is the first thing you need to shift away from.

"I want to get better"

"My efforts effect my team"

"Others are not as good as me, what can I do to help them"

The solution is clear, stop playing in a bronze district and push yourself to become better.

Play in a higher threat district and start training against higher skilled players, keep losing and eventually you will understand it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bambola said:

11 hours ago, blockblack said:

Wait what? Masterbating before getting into huge battles? Are you kidding me?

I can't believe you poo-pooed that great advice - dude seriously - take the advice. It is good advice. 

Don't play frustrated - APB is a terrible way to get dopamine - sort your brain out first then play to have fun and chill. 

11 hours ago, blockblack said:

eh I've been gold a-lot of times, But when APB gives you Bad teammates... You lose your gold...

Seems to me that you're the bad teammate, no offence. Y'all ignore the advice I gave you in the other thread - if you want good teammates, make them. Support your team and they'll support you - but you instead seem to be focused on ramboing the game and taking out that pent up frustration on your team. 

Seriously, try a few matches without a weapon, just unequip it. You gotta put that ego on hold and look after your team.

2 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

The solution is clear, stop playing in a bronze district and push yourself to become better.

Play in a higher threat district and start training against higher skilled players, keep losing and eventually you will understand it.

Yes. This. Stay out of bronze man, for reals. I hate players who jump in bronze and expect the poor nooblets to pull miracles out of their asses. It's BRONZE District. You hang out in there and you'll just get worse and worse - go to Silver/Gold if you want "good teammates" but I'm pretty sure when you do you'll soon realise what I said earlier - the issue with the team is you, but a dose of humility would do you good if you're not keen on spanking the monkey.

4 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

This thread is pretty spot on. Care less about winning - care more about masturbation. The more you learn about yourself and your triggers/kinks, the better a teammate you can be. A more giving and considerate teammate.

I love masturbating in teams.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

4 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

Although I agree with this I have to say also that goldies are always abandoning missions before opp joins when they get matched with lowies and silvers on their team. They even do it if it is with other golds they don't know or just don't like the loadout they have tbh...even I do it a couple of times here and then.

10 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Although I agree with this I have to say also that goldies are always abandoning missions before opp joins when they get matched with lowies and silvers on their team. They even do it if it is with other golds they don't know or just don't like the loadout they have tbh...even I do it a couple of times here and then.

i abandon every unopposed mission when playing solo, if the matchmaking couldnt find opp for my team then i'd rather be back in the pool

17 hours ago, blockblack said:

because it makes me feel bad about myself and it also makes everyone call me a "noob" or "ez player",

There are players that will whisper you n call u a noob after killing them, there are those that will kill you, then call you a hack, there are hacks that will come in and brag about times long past as if it matters today, about how they run shit n will talk trash all day n maybe do one mission.

The Threat Level means Not Shit. To me its only an indication of if you hack or if your friends hack, or if your Gold was Exploited by friends on the other side. I have no respect for Golds nor the current state of the anticheat. I simply do not believe Gold can be gotten without hacking. 

Now if they wanna call noob or ez, so be it. Sure im eazy for a hack

Now what you do is Own it. Go Be the Noob, Clown their mission if they wanna talk shit

17 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i abandon every unopposed mission when playing solo, if the matchmaking couldnt find opp for my team then i'd rather be back in the pool

Yeah pretty much that's why I do it too, I don't feel like waiting for opp too long knowing many times you don't get any till the end of the match so I rather search for another match. Specially in Jericho where you don't have many players and some times both factions are put on a PvE mission without getting opp till someone finish.