TheMessiah

about last "tracking the engine upgrade"

We were successful in identifying 2 Game Loop sections (out of 35) where APB 2.1 ran a total of 4.5ms slower than APB 1.20.

so i was expecting news about that but nothing..how many out of 35 are done?

(sry for making another topic like this but cant ask otherwise)

Not sure what you're wondering about, but what he's referring to is that out of the 35 sections 2 were identified to be running slower on the newer engine. (in the older update)

I also believe that this is part of the update on that specific segment of the post: 

There are a million things that could render this benchmark invalid, and I know on the surface this looks like APB 2.1 is now running slightly faster than APB 1.20, but we'll need more performance tests off SPCT machines to really assess where we are.

My point was..this 2 game loop sections are the only slower they find or they gonna look in rest 33 from now on?All 35 are already checked and this 2 are the only bad or they gonna start searchin in rest from now on..thats what i mean

[This is just how I read it, not sure if correct]

First lets start by getting that full part of the text, not just that one sentence.

For the rest of the week, we iterated on this process to improve our stat collection system and dig deeper into specific chunks of the Game Loop so that we could directly compare the performance of those smaller sections between Live and the Engine Upgrade. We were successful in identifying 2 Game Loop sections (out of 35) where APB 2.1 ran a total of 4.5ms slower than APB 1.20.

To me this says that they spent the rest of that week doing similar tests over and over to improve the data they get and what they can read from that.

They got to a point where they could compare 1.20 and 2.1 section by section, which would mean that those 2 sections mentioned are the only ones of those 35 that were slower.

It could be that further improvements can be made in some sections, but I'm not sure if those would be worth the hassle they would likely be to sort out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

My point was..this 2 game loop sections are the only slower they find or they gonna look in rest 33 from now on?All 35 are already checked and this 2 are the only bad or they gonna start searchin in rest from now on..thats what i mean

All 35 are done. 2 showed issues. They're working towards fixing those issues now.

The only way the post could mean something other than this is if MattScott doesn't understand basic English grammar. Unlikely.

6 hours ago, Kevkof said:

They got to a point where they could compare 1.20 and 2.1 section by section, which would mean that those 2 sections mentioned are the only ones of those 35 that were slower.

told the same..ok thx