Sign in to follow this  
Alani

Running with End-Mission Item Holds needs a fix or change

Sure sure, its 'tAcTiCs'

But it needs a legitimate balance instead of 'gIt GuD' or changing your load out. With LO changing how ammo boxes work it just increases the time it takes to adapt to people nabbing the item and running. My only idea for fixing this issue would be to either increase the time you have for these objective holds or force the item to respawn if it leaves a specific radius of where the item is spawned. The latter could help decrease teams placing the item in an 'ez spot' along with preventing running with the item.

Hell, why not just remove the timer and require them to hold the item until it's gotten the required points. It would still be a lot better than how it is now.

I get people will fuzzy bunny about any form of change, but unless the end mission time is increased, there is no real reason to chase after people who run away with items when you have held the item for say 4 minutes of the 6 and suddenly the enemy kills you and is running away with the item in a vehicle. You have 2 minutes to change your weapon or find a vehicle to hunt down the enemy that is now 600 meters away and you have a 1:30 minutes left depending on if you find a vehicle in time or change your weapons.

Some mission end stages have a decent amount of time, however a lot of them don't and there currently is no real way to fight against those who will nab the item in the last minute or two and run away.

• Like 3

Unless you're a low level that lacks equipment, there isn't any issue chasing them down and killing them.

4x4 vegas could use some additional speed decrease though as it doesn't give a damn if there's a mission item or VIP in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Unless you're a low level that lacks equipment, there isn't any issue chasing them down and killing them.

4x4 vegas could use some additional speed decrease though as it doesn't give a damn if there's a mission item or VIP in it.

That is extremely debatable.

I was just in a mission where the enemy got lucky, killed my teammate and I and nabbed the item and by the time we caught up to them it was 30 seconds left and their item hold pointer was higher than ours.

The amount of time it takes to find a car if you're lucky on respawn and changing your weapons wastes enough time for them to get away and continue to run. Then you need to spend majority of the time going after them. 4x4 or not, it isn't hard to run away and its quiet time consuming to catch up.

There simply is no point in running after the people who run with items.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

That logic is so bad when you have 3 minutes to chase them down. They can just as easily pull a volcano/LOLSMAW and sit on their car roof with the item in the trunk.

The game's actual timers need to be adjusted tbh. A lot of the missions end simply because the clock runs out, rarely do they end because one side got 100% of the points and fill the gauge to win; especially with how stupid some of the drops are and prone to imbalance. For instance, enemy drop is a an alleyway 10 meters from the road with just a chain link fence in between, but ours is a fence, 2 ladders and 25 meters of walking and it's a heavy item. Should also be mentioned that last stage items that are dropped by the final objective are also idiotic.

Needs to be more back-and-forth in the missions. As it stands, I can only recall one (maybe two) missions where the offense/defense roles are swapped throughout the mission. Most of the time, if you're on defense, you're staying on defense the entire match unless it hits the final stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things that could be done in a item hold mission to make it less exploitable in my opinion are,

- either further decrease the speed of cars which are being used to held the item, especially Vegas OR decrease the health of car automatically as it gets the item in its trunk or seat OR both.

- increase the timer for item hold missions tasks. Most of the time the timer runs out even if you chase them with good strategy.

And I agree with above poster that missions needs to offensive and defensive roles should be swapped in a single mission for both parties back and forth.

Edited by foscor77

4 hours ago, Alani said:

There simply is no point in running after the people who run with items.

thats your choice to not give chase and cut them off.

alig can kill most cars quickly enough before they run you over.

even then if you are off to the side and can aim you could follow while they drive past and kill them.

theres already a speed debuff for vip and mission item for this very reason.

When you are fighting against a team who are using 2 vehicle. The big one with item in it is Nulander Pioneer and the one pushing it Vegas 4x4. On top of the Pioneer a player with OSMAW\Volcano (or any other good weapon against cars) and one inside with a blowtorch ready to repair the damage -> the chances of you catching them and winning is very slim

• Like 2

I support increasing mission timers to give less able players a chance at regaining items/objectives. Seriously some of them are barely 5 minutes so irregardless of the end objective - item hold or not - it basically boils down to whoever gets there first. 

And then you have VIP where it's like "Yeah sure, here's 30 minutes to get those 5 kills". (ban 1v1 and 2v2 VIPs please).

Hi there,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

I dunno. If anything I have noticed the better the player the less likely they are to run with the item. Most good players just pick it up and drop it where it spawned. Average players will take it to a camp spot. And trash players will drive around with it.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I dunno. If anything I have noticed the better the player the less likely they are to run with the item. Most good players just pick it up and drop it where it spawned. Average players will take it to a camp spot. And trash players will drive around with it.

I just leave the item in the street to have more flanking openings