Sign in to follow this  
PonuryZniwiarz

Strife dont need a nerf!

10 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

i dont play with ogre, i cant tell... and i can be completely wrong, but considering how hard is to survive against ogre and how many ppl. using this gun - there is something not right.

why even bother suggesting nerfs for guns you don’t have any idea about?

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

why even bother suggesting nerfs for guns you don’t have any idea about?

cuz i play against it ... i see how i die by it and how it was easy to kill me .. when compare to similar situations with other but same type of weapons and i make conclusion.

And i feel like i have to tell my opinion even if i can be wrong ... i want to understand and be understood.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

cuz i play against it ... i see how i die by it and how it was easy to kill me .. when compare to similar situations with other but same type of weapons and i make conclusion.

And i feel like i have to tell my opinion even if i can be wrong ... i want to understand and be understood.

581196868701257729.png

Yeah maybe don't talk about weapon balance if you never used said gun.

Are you perhaps mistaking it for the regular nfas which is indeed a little over the top right now?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Solamente said:

technically it will be a nerf but considering every other shotgun will be 3stk (or more) at that point it will almost be a buff, since it will be the only pump shotgun worth using

But that honestly doesn't make sense, I mean, 3 stk for shotguns... even corner popping won't help you if any SMG charges you, while at best case scenario you need 3 shots for them..

7 hours ago, N66 said:

But that honestly doesn't make sense, I mean, 3 stk for shotguns... even corner popping won't help you if any SMG charges you, while at best case scenario you need 3 shots for them..

you see, shotguns are super accurate and have long range so allowing them to be superior when corner popping against SMG users is unfair...

I don't know why LO has such hate against a weapon class barely anyone uses outside of new players who run around with the NFAS.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:49 AM, GhosT said:

The whole LO shotgunning makes no sense, especially jg/csg becoming 3STKs.

Just revert back to what it was before you guys touched them.

this, i still don't understand why they kept those weird mechanics, they literally just fucked up shotguns

Ogre went from okay to trash tier

Nfas when from okay to OP

Dow stayed somewhat the same

JG when from top tier to trash tier

Same goes for CSG

Shredder is just uh, yeah, i don't know.

Strife was changed while it definitely didn't need any tweaks.

Also im sorry, but everyone should stop comparing the oblivion to ISSR series, it's not oblivion that's too weak(though,i'd say it needs the mobility penalty removed) , it's ISSR that's too strong.

Don't use a weapon that's overly strong as a baseline, that's how you achieve power creep, ISSR is fine as it is for anti personal use, but it's just way too versatile, it can kill fast, at any range, it's light, destroy cars, ammo efficient, and can be used from a car window, maybe it's a hard gun to learn, sure, but it doesn't change that it just does too much.

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

Also im sorry, but everyone should stop comparing the oblivion to ISSR series

a 4stk sniper rifle with perfect accuracy seems like the most sensible thing to compare another 4stk sniper rifle with perfect accuracy with

i agree that we shouldnt be buffing the oblivious so it goes toe-to-toe with the issr-b (at that point why not just make it a reskin and be done) but its a valid comparison

14 hours ago, illgot said:

you see, shotguns are super accurate and have long range so allowing them to be superior when corner popping against SMG users is unfair...

Besides, it's not like it's their intended design, specifically made to be good behind cover and weaker than SMGs in the open.

Used this gun many times, it's very balanced gun like damage > ttk. Why LO ever think about nerfing guns like this instead buffing some others? Like previously said, oblivion. 

On 10/26/2019 at 11:15 PM, Solamente said:

no more dumb reverse dropoffs please

just give the oblivion more mobility to make use of its pixel accuracy

Oblivion gains accuracy to pixel accuracy when you move, and it can already be sprinted though its 0.5m/s slower, and i believe is fairly accurate while jump shot. Imo it's fine mobility wise, as it is supposed to be "heavier" than lets say, the scout and issr series. But that's just a guess. But what more mobility do you mean? Sprint? walk? Marksman movement? Why not use mobility sling then?

3 hours ago, N66 said:

Besides, it's not like it's their intended design, specifically made to be good behind cover and weaker than SMGs in the open.

except that you'd think that is true if they'd have higher ttk's than SMGS to counteract that and actually make them weaker than smgs in the open, but the TTKS are generally the same, which leads to that not really being the case. Shotguns easily compete in the open as long as it's within the shotguns "niche" without walls (except strife, because that's the only one that follows, good behind cover, sucks in the open rule).

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

as it is supposed to be "heavier" than lets say, the scout and issr series

there’s no real reason for it to not have full mobility, it seems like it’s supposed to be “heavier” because g1 introduced it as the clunkiest gun ever designed - orbit has already removed the insane equip time and the bolt timer, might as well give it enough mobility to actually compare to its competitors 

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Why not use mobility sling then?

i do use mob sling but i think it would be better balance if it wasn’t required just to put the oblivion on par with other similar weapons, and pushing the oblivion even more towards its fairly unique mobile sniper niche also allows it to distance itself from “just a shittier issr-b”

On 10/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, N66 said:

It will have the same ttk, means they gonna buff the firerate. If you still doubt, look at the non legendary version of the 2ndary shotgun and how good it performs 

Merged.

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

except that you'd think that is true if they'd have higher ttk's than SMGS to counteract that and actually make them weaker than smgs in the open, but the TTKS are generally the same, which leads to that not really being the case. Shotguns easily compete in the open as long as it's within the shotguns "niche" without walls (except strife, because that's the only one that follows, good behind cover, sucks in the open rule)

Exactly, if someone faced decent player in open place, they gonna notice how hard it is to track the opponent who randomly strafes, even if you practiced your aim for years. But jg doesn’t need to track the target, you just need to wait when your opponent strafes to your crosshair. 

I also experienced situations when the guy just cornerpoping me and I can’t do anything because of the bad place or unlucky timing. Some people say to just stay away from the shotgun range. But it’s so stupid and doesn’t make sense. It’s the same if someone will say ‘if you can’t beat ntec, just stay far enough’

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lign said:

It will have the same ttk, means they gonna buff the firerate. If you still doubt, look at the non legendary version of the 2ndary shotgun and how good it performs 

the showstopper is good because it’s a secondary weapon, as a primary weapon it would be outranged by basically every other weapon and yet the 3stk still forces it to be used similarly to an smg in most encounters

a truer representation of how 3stk pump shotguns will be received would be the near-zero number of players who used the nfas before it got the new stupid pellet system (and an indirect range buff) - and that was with a .58s ttk, which i hope you’re not advocating pump shotguns should get 

if pump shotguns largest cqc advantage is going to be neutralized, what’s the point of using them over an smg that has more range, a faster ttk, and is more forgiving?

27 minutes ago, Lign said:

and I can’t do anything because of the bad place or unlucky timing. Some people say to just stay away from the shotgun range. But it’s so stupid and doesn’t make sense. It’s the same if someone will say ‘if you can’t beat ntec, just stay far enough’

this is how the game is intended to be, encountering a weapon within its optimal range is supposed to put you at a disadvantage and every class has its own optimal range

no one spergs out when you need a cqc weapon to flank a sniper but the other way around and suddenly it’s broken lol

14 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this is how the game is intended to be, encountering a weapon within its optimal range is supposed to put you at a disadvantage and every class has its own optimal range

no one spergs out when you need a cqc weapon to flank a sniper but the other way around and suddenly it’s broken lol

Then I suppose Ntec doesn't need nerf, it's good in its own range. OCA didn't need nerf as well, it was good in its niche in open place, now shotguns own it in every situation, so everyone switched to pmg

Edited by Lign

6 minutes ago, Lign said:

Then I suppose Ntec doesn't need nerf, it's good in its own range

a false equivalence, to compare the widespread use of the ntec to any shotgun you’d have to go back to 2012 csg meta days and we both know shotguns aren’t even close to that level of usage or effectiveness

even then it makes no sense because the “ntec op” claim stems from players feeling the ntec is too effective outside of its intended optimal range, unless you’re suggesting that pump shotguns with a 10m (or less) range are somehow too effective outside of that range?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

a false equivalence, to compare the widespread use of the ntec to any shotgun you’d have to go back to 2012 csg meta days and we both know shotguns aren’t even close to that level of usage or effectiveness

even then it makes no sense because the “ntec op” claim stems from players feeling the ntec is too effective outside of its intended optimal range, unless you’re suggesting that pump shotguns with a 10m (or less) range are somehow too effective outside of that range?

I don’t mind shotguns get extra meters when they become 3stk, but not now. I don’t main shotguns but when I play jg I feel so sad for those who puts a lot effort to beat me when I’m at the corner and I leave the situation as winner with nearly full hp. It shouldn’t be like that. Imagine if they buff range for the current jg. It just will not possible to get to the opponent’s corner

Edited by Lign

12 minutes ago, Lign said:

I feel so sad for those who puts a lot effort to beat me when I’m at the corner and I leave the situation as winner with nearly full hp.

you’re just going in circles, i’ve already explained my opinion that weapons excelling within their optimal conditions is not broken

15 minutes ago, Lign said:

Imagine if they buff range for the current jg. It just will not possible to get to the opponent’s corner

which is why they aren’t buffing the range of the current jg

?????

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

you’re just going in circles, i’ve already explained my opinion that weapons excelling within their optimal conditions is not broken

which is why they aren’t buffing the range of the current jg

?????

why should there be a cqc gun that takes a lot effort to beat then, you didn't explain this

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

why should there be a cqc gun that takes a lot effort to beat then, you didn't explain this

i honestly don’t know how to reply to this, you’re asking me why a weapon excels when using it’s optimal playstyle within its optimal range

it’s just basic weapon balance - if pump shotguns didn’t have an area they excel at over other options then no one would use them, the same goes for every other gun in apb

Just now, Solamente said:

i honestly don’t know how to reply to this, you’re asking me why a weapon excels when using it’s optimal playstyle within its optimal range

it’s just basic weapon balance - if pump shotguns didn’t have an area they excel at over other options then no one would use them, the same goes for every other gun in apb

I mean, for example when you face pmg/oca it doesn't take a lot of effort, you just strafe and aim, but when you face the guy who's sitting at the corner with jg, you have to predict when he peaks and makes a shot on you, which angle he chose, how to make him miss etc.

1 minute ago, Lign said:

I mean, for example when you face pmg/oca it doesn't take a lot of effort, you just strafe and aim, but when you face the guy who's sitting at the corner with jg, you have to predict when he peaks and makes a shot on you, which angle he chose, how to make him miss etc.

i’d rather face a jg on a corner than a pmg tbh but regardless - just don’t play the corner? 

would you run out into the open against an hvr?

Just now, Solamente said:

i’d rather face a jg on a corner than a pmg tbh but regardless - just don’t play the corner? 

would you run out into the open against an hvr?

Your comparison is also a false equivalence, again oca didn't need a ttk nerf, just play safety against it by using corners then

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Your comparison is also a false equivalence, again oca didn't need a ttk nerf, just play safety against it by using corners then

where is the false equivalence?

knowing a jg is holding a corner and still rushing him is no different than knowing an hvr is watching and still leaving cover, intentionally giving your opponent an advantage is just dumb any way you spin it

idk why the oca nerf came up, but it required a “nerf” (more like a revert really) because it invalidated every other smg except the pmg and maybe the manic, by being both easier to use and having a lower ttk 

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

where is the false equivalence?

knowing a jg is holding a corner and still rushing him is no different than knowing an hvr is watching and still leaving cover, intentionally giving your opponent an advantage is just dumb any way you spin it

idk why the oca nerf came up, but it required a “nerf” (more like a revert really) because it invalidated every other smg except the pmg and maybe the manic, by being both easier to use and having a lower ttk 

Because there's situation when you need to push the corner because there's a point, or because you're in close inside building and no matter which corner you choose, jg user will camp it because he sees which corner you're going to push

1 minute ago, Lign said:

Because there's situation when you need to push the corner because there's a point, or because you're in close inside building and no matter which corner you choose, jg user will camp it because he sees which corner you're going to push

and there’s inevitably a point out in the open or a location with 360 degree visibility, we can all come up with “impossible” hypotheticals if we try hard enough

Sign in to follow this