Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

Request to Matt to Release the RTW/Early Version

Whether you agree or disagree, you can all stop acting so toxic (including the op). Seriously, why is it that everyone decides to just yell at each other every time there is even a suggestion on this game? You can all give your educated answers in a much more respectful format, maybe that, overall, would revive the player base.

• Like 3

The game looked better, but played worse. I hated weapon stats and its "gunplay" of RTW version. The game looked somewhat worse with every new update.

I say just wait for engine upgrade. It will look better again.

14 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Qwentle sabotaged the hell out of that test district because he didn't want to throw away all the work he already did in favor of old stats.

I don’t remember someone liked rtw stats

13 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

Whether you agree or disagree, you can all stop acting so toxic (including the op). Seriously, why is it that everyone decides to just yell at each other every time there is even a suggestion on this game? You can all give your educated answers in a much more respectful format, maybe that, overall, would revive the player base.

There will come a time when you have read the same braindead shit so many times knowing that trying to reason will just be met with shut eyes and ears - so why bother?

On 10/25/2019 at 8:27 PM, LAPDAlonso said:

No offense, but the game population is low, especially on NA. EU isn't so bad. 

Citadel population is low aswell. When a game dips below 1000 concurrent daily players its in a really bad position. Especially when those less then 1000 players are from multiple continents. :^) 

This game needs the engine upgrade so it can finally run decent and 5 years worth of content that has been late since waybackwhen. 

Edited by Fasalina

The RTW version had sooo many flaws and it would break the game a lot more than it would help it.

Yes, I do get where you're coming from, the weapons definitely sound nicer and the graphics partially look better. Except for the bloom drugs game developers were on in 2008. That's just way too much bloom.

Now that we have a competent team working on the game, it would be interesting to see another attempt at the old RTW balancing at some point, at the very least.

• Like 1

only thing i liked about rtw version over current version is the graphics

if we could have the rtw graphics and sounds (maybe sounds lmao idk), the game would probably feel a lot different than it does now and breath a little bit of life into it until engine upgrade. But that probably can't happen due to how fucked G1 was when it came to changing aspects of the game.

but the gameplay? thats a bruh moment. Most players dont look at forums or give a shit and suddenly changing everything regarding gameplay would confuse the fuck out of people. 

• Like 1

The end of RTW weapon sounds were great.  The ACT44 and RSA sounded so much more powerful than they do now.  Now they're just kinda muffled versions of the old sounds.  Used to have a nice crack to them with a lot of reverb from the environment.  What we don't need however is the old Ntec sound.  TEP TEP TEP TEP

I watched some old RTW gameplay footage, based on that i can say that the game was worse back then and unbalanced.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

God no. RTW version was trash compared to after.

I know you're delusional but people won't come back for an RTW version.

I disagree. People would could back, but only to realize how shit it is and leave a week later.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:23 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

There will come a time when you have read the same braindead shit so many times knowing that trying to reason will just be met with shut eyes and ears - so why bother?

I do, but I never resort to being toxic. If someone on a forum is making me angry/frustrated then I just exit out of the forums lol.

9 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

I do, but I never resort to being toxic. If someone on a forum is making me angry/frustrated then I just exit out of the forums lol.

If the wiser always gives in, the world would be ruled by idiots!

Sure, out of context this might seem unreasonably toxic. But context is key.

I hate both versions for various reasons. That said the RTW patches were just awful in so many more ways than the game we have now. 

IF the engine upgrade comes out I just hope they've learned lessons from past mistakes is all. Improving on things going forward is the best best if you ask me. Not reverting to a different problematic point in the games history.

You guys do realized i also said in the title RTW/Early version. Early version, i am talking about the (steam release) better visuals, and older threat system was in place. They could revert back to that version as well and just bring back the old gun sounds and tracers, etc. So i wasn't just talking about the rtw version, when the game was release on steam it was better as well. 

But if you guys don't agree, that's cool. Peace

Sign in to follow this