Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

Request to Matt to Release the RTW/Early Version

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION EVERYONE, IF YOU DON'T AGREE, THAT'S COOL. JUST VOICING MY VIEWS ON WHAT I THINK SHOULD HAPPEN.

No offense, but the game population is low, especially on NA. EU isn't so bad. Let's be real ok, the RTW looks better, the textures are better, the skies look better, the bloom is better -----------> ( in the current version, night time looks muddy and you can barely see anything because there's no bloom/street lights ) <-------------continue......

The RTW version has a better threat system, the threat system is more fun, made the game more fun due to the fact that it felt like we are trying to achieve something, it made the game overall more fun to play.

The sound effects are better especially on the guns. Blue tracers, etc.

I guarantee  you if you re-release this game/version on steam and elsewhere with a patch ( that only fixes certain performance issues ), you will have over 5000 players back in the game on NA. But you have to promote it a certain way with new features, but with the RTW version intact, 50% sales, 30 days of free premium.  Just my opinion, but the current version of APB is not only boring, but the game looks ugly as hell. So ugly and muddy looking its hard to enjoy the game lol. Not only that, without that old threat system, game is pointless to play, its like we are playing it with no purpose.

I don't share your opinion on this particular matter.

It would be a fun nostalgia trip and yeah it does look a hell of a lot better, but as much as I hate to admit it, G1 has actually made a lot of changes for the better, like the jump height for instance.  Personally I don't think the good they did outweighs the bad by a long shot, but they did fix some crucial parts of the game.  It'd be cool though if a version before recoil were released as a WoW Classic kinda deal.  Not replacing the main game, but just an alternate old version with specific QoL improvements.  Also changes for copyrights would need to be made, like removing certain songs from the soundtrack.  But man I'd love to have those old driving physics again...

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

History lesson on the matter:

We were given two high ttk test district in a patch - around Aug 15 2015

One was G1's own High TTK design, which sat inbetween RTW TTK and the current TTK

The other was a half-assed implementation of RTW weapon stats, lifted from the ~1.4.0 build

So bad to the point where I fear it's not insane to think it was almost sabotaged.

RTW had patched in weapon recoil and meaty sounds in 1.4.2 , which had at best a few days of uptime before the final server shutdown - EDIT : and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even ever made available outside of NA

G1 however used a early 1.4 build, which meant no recoil system implemented (you had crosshair bloom the likes of Fortnite, but your point of aim would NEVER move), weapons with varying *max range* (so the ACT could not deal damage past 50m), and to top it all off they didn't bother adjusting car health vs explosive damage --> meant you had percs 1shotting most vehicles

RTW APB was legitimately half baked in some parts. Plus some other design decisions (like character mods being literal upgrades) don't really help with the competitive side of things.

But that said, I'd love to have the opportunity to see  RTW 1.4.2 run for a week!

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 4

What, the 74 days or whatever it was before RTW closed down due to bankruptcy wasn't enough time?

• Like 1

God no. RTW version was trash compared to after.

I know you're delusional but people won't come back for an RTW version.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

God no. RTW version was trash compared to after.

I know you're delusional but people won't come back for an RTW version.

Not delusional at all. I told you guys what would happen after Blackbeard was fired, and i also said by removing the older more fun threat system what would happen and i kept telling them the old staff what to do and they didn't listen and look at where we are now. You can disagree all you want, i know what i am talking about. I'm sure that more players will be in the RTW version if it twas release and this is a fact. Sorry if you don't agree.

7 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Everyone wants the 2013-2014 TTK back.

not everyone.

3 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Not delusional at all. I told you guys what would happen after Blackbeard was fired, and i also said by removing the older more fun threat system what would happen and i kept telling them the old staff what to do and they didn't listen and look at where we are now. You can disagree all you want, i know what i am talking about. I'm sure that more players will be in the RTW version if it twas release and this is a fact. Sorry if you don't agree.

if its on a test district or otw so that people can see and test the diffrence then ok , but i personally dont want it back just like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

over 5000 players

your repeated suggestions on this (among other things) were always annoying, but i didn’t think you were this insane tbh

peak apb concurrent players was something like 6500 - iirc that was back when we had early g1 gfx, the old g1 threat system (which was far superior to rtw’s 1-15 garbage), and performance issues were just starting to really wear on the community

thinking rtw apb will draw in 80% of the highest population we’ve ever had is quite frankly, pure stupidity, because at this point no one is coming back to apb for (very debatably) pretty graphics, exploitable threat systems, and the same decade old performance issues

7 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I guarantee  you if you re-release this game/version on steam and elsewhere with a patch ( that only fixes certain performance issues )

you also don’t seem to even slightly understand why apb has the problems that it does

it’s not just a matter of “fixing certain performance issues”, from rtw day 1 the entire game has been a performance issue - it’s taken 2 separate companies almost 7 years to get anywhere near a fixed apb and you want to throw it all away for what, blue muzzle flashes? 

how oblivious can you be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

your repeated suggestions on this (among other things) were always annoying, but i didn’t think you were this insane tbh

peak apb concurrent players was something like 6500 - iirc that was back when we had early g1 gfx, the old g1 threat system (which was far superior to rtw’s 1-15 garbage), and performance issues were just starting to really wear on the community

thinking rtw apb will draw in 80% of the highest population we’ve ever had is quite frankly, pure stupidity, because at this point no one is coming back to apb for (very debatably) pretty graphics, exploitable threat systems, and the same decade old performance issues

you also don’t seem to even slightly understand why apb has the problems that it does

it’s not just a matter of “fixing certain performance issues”, from rtw day 1 the entire game has been a performance issue - it’s taken 2 separate companies almost 7 years to get anywhere near a fixed apb and you want to throw it all away for what, blue muzzle flashes? 

how oblivious can you be?

Sounds like you need to upgrade your computer, because i never had any performance framerate problems playing All points bulletin or APB Reloaded. The only issues were the lag which was really crazy slightly after the steam release on Colby West and Joker. I always find it to be funny honestly, had me in tears sometimes when the lag started to show up when everyone was moving in slow motion. But as for framerate issues, never had any issues.

Nothing i said was insane, you just don't agree. I completely understand why the numbers are low , i warned them years ago it would happen after they removed the threat system and firing all the best GM's who were in the game around that time. And don't even get me started on monte removing / changing whatever he did to make the game look a million times worse.  Those are just some of the issues that cause the numbers to drop. RTW was the better version, if you don't agree, that's your opinion.

Like i said though, I'm pretty sure more people will be playing the RTW/early apb reloaded version over the current version if it was release, and that's a fact.

2 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

~snip~

The more you post, the more I honestly worry about your mental state.

Delusions of grandeur are a very big red flag when it comes to behavioral health.

You might benefit from consulting a professional.

This is not a troll post, I am just being honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The more you post, the more I honestly worry about your mental state.

Delusions of grandeur are a very big red flag when it comes to behavioral health.

You might benefit from consulting a professional.

This is not a troll post, I am just being honest.

Numbers don't lie, laugh all you want, make jokes, talk sh** all you like, look at the current game and the numbers and how bad it looks. You guys are the ones who are delusional. But that's cool, carry on. 

1 minute ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Numbers don't lie, laugh all you want, make jokes, talk sh** all you like, look at the current game and the numbers and how bad it looks. You guys are the ones who are delusional. But that's cool, carry on. 

Perhaps you do not understand that correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

Honestly maybe just sleep on it. Stop responding for now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Sounds like you need to upgrade your computer, because i never had any performance framerate problems playing All points bulletin or APB Reloaded. The only issues were the lag which was really crazy slightly after the steam release on Colby West and Joker. I always find it to be funny honestly, had me in tears sometimes when the lag started to show up when everyone was moving in slow motion. But as for framerate issues, never had any issues.

performance issues have always been a widespread problem, from rtw apb having to turn off punkbuster just to function correctly all the way up to current day with rtx cards not being able to run the game

your anecdotal personal experience (which i highly doubt is truthful tbh) doesn't outweigh the thousands upon thousands of reviews and feedback threads that cite poor performance as a major negative factor

Nothing i said was insane

throwing away thousands of hours of dev work and probably millions of dollars just to go back to a product that was proven to be unsuccessful is insane, yes

something about doing same thing but expecting different results

more people will be playing the RTW/early apb reloaded version over the current version if it was release, and that's a fact.

you dont seem to understand what the word fact means

Numbers don't lie

you're right numbers don't lie

and rtw has 0 active players

that's a fact

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't we have a test patch with districts based on RTW stats and it was a total disaster, so g1 decided to stay with the current ttk?

• Like 1

I think you need to have a look from outside yourself and stop projecting your reasons onto others, assuming that everyone quit because of exactly the same reasons. I would like to elaborate, but I only have so much free-time these days and I won't write more than two rows for a reply you won't even attempt to consider.

Edited by VanilleKeks

On 10/25/2019 at 9:33 PM, Gateron said:

Everyone wants the 2013-2014 TTK back.

So.... the TTK we have now?

Snipped Off-Topic ~@mayii

21 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

The RTW version has a better threat system, the threat system is more fun, made the game more fun due to the fact that it felt like we are trying to achieve something, it made the game overall more fun to play.

Fucking what.  There's absolutely nothing fun about a threat system based on Win/Loss.  That's literally asking to make people try even harder at missions for a dinky icon next to their name.

Literal bruh moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Yea it is funny that barely nobody is playing and the game looks like crap. You're right, it is funny.

the game always looked like crap. its a 10 year old game.

from reading your posts more on this thread , it feels like you only want to live in the past and that can never take care of apbs future.

look at borderlands 3 its well beyond anything  any of the previous versions were.

while not the same type of game since APB is unique , they made sure to up their game rather than reliving the past on out dated works.

so far it looks like it surpassed any other game of its type because of moving forward.

If APB does not do the same , even those of us who stayed would get tired of playing with fossil bones for all the reasons we have now like optimization , lag , crashes and so on.

Fallen Earth had to be taken down because the game had so many bad crashes that data was being destroyed.

we can not live in APB with old rtw programming , but would have to update everything , including the engine ALL OVER AGAIN.

And wouldnt  we still be where we are now to fix those old bugs?

I said this and I meant it

22 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

if its on a test district or otw so that people can see and test the diffrence then ok , but i personally dont want it back just like that.

and for damn good reasons that you are ignoring.

that cant save APB the way you are pushing for the old programming like this.

If you think the game looks crap even at maximum settings, use advanced launcher and push all the sliders to dead right. You may also use ReShade ( some folks are already using it ). 

regarding match making, quit all the hopes. This game is just not noob friendly. and i know it sucks. 

Edited by fragmeister

On 10/26/2019 at 4:51 AM, Lign said:

Didn't we have a test patch with districts based on RTW stats and it was a total disaster, so g1 decided to stay with the current ttk?

Qwentle sabotaged the hell out of that test district because he didn't want to throw away all the work he already did in favor of old stats.

• Like 1

What is even 32 bit limitations, amirite. Yeah, I'm sure it'll run great on RTX cards and 6 core processors

Edited by Acornie

Sign in to follow this