Lixil

Questions for LO

Heya guys,

if there are any questions that Q&A did not cover, please post them here and we will reply to them as soon as we can.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of the dethreating policy, will there be any updates to threat and matchmaking? They're in a dire state.

• Like 1

Does support work over weekend to cope with the amount of tickets or do they follow normal work days of US?

• Like 1

Is there an estimate on when the development roadmap will be released?

Edited by Bornstellar

I am wondering what a club is for, and why nobody can join mine 😢

• Like 1

Will you guys ever partner with Twitch to do a Twitch Prime free loot kinda deal? I feel this is a major way to bring in a lot of players who sub to twitch and it would be a nice little reward for vets. 

• Like 2

•  Can we expect to see better server performance whether it would be a netcode or hardware improvement?
  •  While you've stated that you don't want to fundamentally change APB's gameplay, would you consider making changes to core APB mechanics in the name of quality of life updates? One thing that definitely springs to mind is having account wide friend lists and inventories.
  •   Do you have any plans on marketing the game at some point, and if so when do you think that would be the case?
  • Like 6

will there be a wipe for inactive names?

4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I am wondering what a club is for, and why nobody can join mine 😢

Gotta get approved first

Matt talked about increasing the friends and ignore list, but in my opinion the friends system doesnt work really well, you can add friends to your list withouth them accepting your request, have you guys tought about a request nad accept/refuse option?

• Like 1

1. Will there be a sale on Armas in the near future? Willing to blow some cash (like many others im pretty sure)

2. Is there a light theme for the new forum? I would appreciate that !

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Gotta get approved first

I am approved, there is no join button 😞

Oh well.

1 minute ago, PHM said:

1. Will there be a sale on Armas in the near future? Willing to blow some cash (like many others im pretty sure)

2. Is there a light theme for the new forum? I would appreciate that !

would love a sale and please bring the silverado back 😄

So if legendaries are becoming nontradeable will we still be able to mail them between our own characters on one account?

• Thanks 1

can i get a question highlights before i ask anything stupid

Is there an aproximative %increase in the performence (FPS) of APB Reloaded after the engine upgrade work will be done ? APB is a great game but performance has always been a problem for many players wanting to play APB , it doesn't seem normal for a 10 year old game to run this bad on recent computers .

• Like 1

It is a pet peeve of mine and I'm sorry, but while the old Refer a Friend system was touched on briefly in the Q&A. It didn't really elaborate about if anything was intended to be done with the rewards which became discontinued.

It was exploited and GamersFirst staff admitted it but no punishment was given out and it seems on the surface that they hoped people would forget about that poorly implemented concept.

how do you change title on forums

1 minute ago, NopeTooFast said:

how do you change title on forums

Go to your profile and click the Edit Profile on the right hand side of the screen

Edit: it's right next to the Cover Photo button

Edited by IROCkiller

7 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

Go to your profile and click the Edit Profile on the right hand side of the screen

Edit: it's right next to the Cover Photo button

uh

and snipped

Edited by Guest
snipped large image, taking up lots of space

1 minute ago, NopeTooFast said:

uh

-snip-

will snip later

don't want to take up a large amount of space like this

Ur0PIjM.png

Odd, we have different things.

Hey, LO.
Great stream, and thank you for communicating with the community in this way.

I was just wondering, as you mentioned in the stream that many of the previous bans would be reversed. Does this mean that I should wait a bit and see before I contact support about reviewing my ban?

So after watching kemp's stream I still am a bit confused if these things are or are not allowed (untill LO implements it in APB themselves):

-'Config files': I'm talking about custom mission names, removed fog or changed colors for kills / killfeed (not removed explosions and that jazz)
-Removing blood/muzzle/effects: Things like blood and bullets can create huge fps drops and the game is alot smoother without them.
-'Movement files': I'm talking about hold to crouch, toggle sprint and mouse fix (these are really crucial)
-Overlays: Mumble, overwolf or whatever overlay where you can make your own crosshair (apb's crosshair is just so awful)
-Removed loading screens / sounds: You can remove the loading screens to make the game load a bit faster and you can remove the music cars can play and the random sounds in the world (reall unnecessary and annoying sounds/music).
-Advanced Launcher: I made my own graphic config which (for me) has the best balance between frames and quality. Not being allowed to use my own APBCompat file would suck. hard.

I hope someone can clear up my confusion.

Edited by EmptyPillow
  • Like 3

Maybe we need a more detailed list of what is allowed and what is bannable at this point, In game that is.

Teamspeak, Overwolf, mumble ect what is allowed basically. I know per Steam and battle eye what they rule but this is a new ruler we are addressing after all.

Is taking a trash truck around town being an idiot ok?

More clarity on what level of nudity is ok vs not. Above the waist fine? or should we all get full body suits just in case? 🙂

What about the issue of having people continually spam accusations of cheating? Per the forum rules that seems to be a form of harassment.

• Like 1