Lixil

Questions for LO

People say "change the gun meta" a lot and yeah but....

How about change the car meta too? Currently you have little to no reason to use anything else other than a Vegas 4x4 or a Pioneer/Espacio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will there ever be a queue system for joining districts?  We have all been there - getting on to play with friends, you want to play in a populated district and the only way to do that is to spam join until someone leaves the district.  Perhaps this is a moot point with a different matchmaking system but currently (and for years) it's not a fun part of the game.

Edited by orangesherbet

So first of all i want to thank LO for their very good communication,

I'm quite sure this question has been asked before but i'll just ask it regardless.

- Clan's will we see any changes towards the clan system because currently it's just a name and nothing more to achieve it would be cool to see more features.

- Weapon Balance Suggestion: Honestly i think G1 made a mess of the entire balancing of weapons. In the old days i felt like everything was more balanced. Almost every gun got nerfed in the current version which i think if it would all be redone as in back to how it started it would be more balanced and you can work your balancing from there. (For example the Scout Sniper u could jump shoot with it accuratly previously) Currently there is almost no reason to use the scout in comparison the NHVR. or you'd rather use an Obir for 49.5 dmg a burst instead of 55 with a scout.

Also could you please remove a few features from the game since i do think they should not be in APB.

Vehicle Mods:

Radio Tower - Wallhack around your car

Car spawner - Even tho it's nerfed it can cause unbalanced spawns in missions

Those should in my opinion be removed or adjusted.

Green character mods:

And maybe adjust the mods as Fragile and Flackjacket(If spelled correctly) (Kevlar)  There is almost no reason to use those over clothing agent.

Those should in my opinion be removed or adjusted.

Blue Character mods:

As for the blue character mods i do think those are pretty well balanced.

Remove Car surfer it creates things that should not be in the game as in surfing with an OSMAW VOLCANO ALIGS and running with items...

As a veteran of the game i loved the old game and with the updates it kept getting worse maybe i just have to accept the changes but i feel it's not done properly.

If your working on rebalancing the game i'd recommend asking people that have played the game for a very long time to ask their opinion about it.

In regards to the unban wave that Matt mentioned. He said he plans on undoing a large majority of the bans, does this include bans for other reasons besides cheating though? Specifically manual bans that fall under the category of, harassment, exploiting, or scamming. Will those bans also be undone? He did mention that the only bans that should stay put included those who committed credit card fraud, or any other illegal activities, but it seems that the other forms of bans besides cheating were not mentioned, or it was not clear to me.

Secondly, this has been asked many times already but I will ask again. Can you free up unused names from characters who have not played in multiple years?

Will there be new driving mechanics? We all are currently driving on ice. I would assume the driving mechanics will come in the engine upgrade.

As you guys probably know, Aimbots, triggerbots, and wallhacks aren't the only cheats. There are also macros. I'm not talking about macros that people write themselves, I'm talking about macros tied to hardware, like Logitech mice for example. Macros clearly give those using them an advantage. Even if your opponent knows how to shoot every semi auto gun in the game, they can still mess up, a macro can't. I've asked GMs about this in the past and I was told it was a "grey area". I was hoping that you could clear this up for the community. Do you see macros, tied to hardware, as cheating or do you see them as fair game?

• Like 1

Will there be improvements to the HUD of the game, especially related to health and stamina?

As it is now the game gives a very poor understanding of those two stats, which puts new players often in a difficult situation (and doesn't contribute at all about the infamy of cheaters who don't die or kill you too fast). 

41 minutes ago, APBZombication said:

Will there be new driving mechanics? We all are currently driving on ice. I would assume the driving mechanics will come in the engine upgrade.

TBH if you ignore the bad servers rubberbanding the game has some of the best "realistic" driving mechanics still today. Many games are a lot worse when it comes to vehicles...

Are there any plans to improve the current theme and song creator?

I would love to see new Instruments, new ways to modify sound and extended themes.

Will you put back translations to other languages than English and Russian?

Are there any plans to overhaul the current Tutorial?

Actually I only see a brick wall of text which isn’t appealing in general.

There are plenty of retired ARMAS weapons, which are normally not available, what will happen to these ones, will they permanently return or even retire forever?

Is there a chance that APB Reloaded Special Edition Boxes or any other kind of Starter Packs will be released on ARMAS or even as retail Codes or boxes?

Is Tiggs still employed? This has probably been answered a ton, but I haven't seen any clear answer around.

will you be adding new hairstyles?

will the new engine allow you to make clothes that were previously impossible to make? 

will you be adding more realistic features to the game such as being able to shoot a character through the car window?

will you be adding rain, snow, fog, night and day systems to the game? 

27 minutes ago, notMateo said:

Is Tiggs still employed? This has probably been answered a ton, but I haven't seen any clear answer around.

Yes she is. She now trains people over there at Little Orbit because she stepped down from community manager.

• Thanks 1

Can we expect new midi instruments in the music studio ex. Oboe,Flute,Trumpet,Chimes,etc. I know they wouldn't be in at the forefront, but in the later future.

6 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Yes she is. She now trains people over there at Little Orbit because she stepped down from community manager.

Oh that's good. 

Her work here was really appreciated so I'm glad she wasn't.... let go.

So i've read here ( https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/116-questions-for-lo/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-1603 ) that the new GMs are volunteers, which i kinda read as theres players that volunteered with GM powers now. Considering apb is well known for being a game with a rather toxic community this seems like a rather bad idea and makes me want to ask the following questions..

- are those volunteers players themself ?
- what tasks do those gms have exactly ?
- what special powers do those gms have exactly ?
- assuming they are players.. what is your selection process for those people ?
- assuming they are players.. how you prevent them from using their powers (if they have any) to take revenge on people that beat em before ?

• Thanks 1

Hello there!

I have a few questions... English is not my first language so i do apologize if some of it doesnt quit make sense.

- Do you have anything planned for the future of armas? something more cosmetic maybe, since i feel like there is already alot of weapons and i fear that it might end up with an amount that makes it very hard to comprehend and differentiate between, especially for new players.

- Are there any plans to bring back the old system of ranks, kinda like you have in csgo, where you could see your gold match making rank between 1-10?

- Spawning points seem abit chaotic atm, any plans to change this?

- With the port to 3.5, will there be any changes to the visuals or will it just be easier to implement stuff? I am not a programmer so i litterally have no idea how this will affect the game

Thank you for your time, Wethouse 🙂

What is stance on using this to play APB as it gives people with shatty pc chance to play APB with a better PC in the cloud which can increase FPS and decrease  lag quite a bit , Gamersfirst told me the famous "up to you but dont blame us if ban happens"

https://gaming.liquidsky.com

Edited by SixxstagesofMajik
fix error

any plans on ever doing private servers? i would assume probably not but i know some of the community definitely would like them. or alternatively a replay system so people can get some cool shots for videos

8 hours ago, Instrill said:

In regards to the unban wave that Matt mentioned. He said he plans on undoing a large majority of the bans, does this include bans for other reasons besides cheating though? Specifically manual bans that fall under the category of, harassment, exploiting, or scamming. Will those bans also be undone? He did mention that the only bans that should stay put included those who committed credit card fraud, or any other illegal activities, but it seems that the other forms of bans besides cheating were not mentioned, or it was not clear to me.

Secondly, this has been asked many times already but I will ask again. Can you free up unused names from characters who have not played in multiple years?

He said specifically that a lot of bans would stay, and implied they would largely be non-cheat related.

Is it possible to add "remove formatting" and "show code" buttons to this forum text box thingy's toolbar like the old forum had?

• Like 3

When can we expect the new anti-cheat system?

3 hours ago, Chinook said:

Is it possible to add "remove formatting" and "show code" buttons to this forum text box thingy's toolbar like the old forum had?

I'm missing that button too.

11 hours ago, Harley Quinn said:

will you be adding new hairstyles?

will the new engine allow you to make clothes that were previously impossible to make? 

will you be adding more realistic features to the game such as being able to shoot a character through the car window?

will you be adding rain, snow, fog, night and day systems to the game? 

Night and day cycles are already in game though