Lixil

Questions for LO

Hello

as some players mention before, there is Large community From Middle East with average 100-130 ms Latency

in Patriot servers we had  80 - 90 . would LO solve this problem for us in any way ? 

regards

Edited by Maureen

42 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Hello

as some players mention before, there is Large community From Middle East with average 100-130 ms Latency

in Patriot servers we had  80 - 90 . would LO solve this problem for us in any way ? 

regards

80-130 ms is fine though?

Q. You decided to remove the naming and shaming of cheaters but can you at least publish statistics such as the number of people banned per month?

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

80-130 ms is fine though?

There are people who happily play 200+

They are very hard to hit

Just now, Dexem said:

There are people who happily play 200+

They are very hard to hit

I play 220ms fine. shrug

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I play 220ms fine. shrug

Lag shield abuser!! That's why you're so good.

Just now, Dexem said:

Lag shield abuser!! That's why you're so good.

Naw Im fine. It is the Brs that are warpy cause their internet goes everywhere. At least I am consistent so I don't get warps.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Naw Im fine. It is the Brs that are warpy cause their internet goes everywhere. At least I am consistent so I don't get warps.

Oh okay thanks for clarifying

3 minutes ago, Dexem said:

Oh okay thanks for clarifying

No problem. Didn't want to spread false information around.

Are bullet traces going to be fixed? lul

• Thanks 1

oh another question

will the APB launcher ever stop installing DirectX?

(I know you can edit a config file to make it stop but somehow mine turned it self on again recently)

What about some weather settings ?

Rain/snow etc (with the new UE4) 

Getting vehicles some re-work (handling, physics etc ?)

What about sending on his own acc cash/joker tickets to different chars ? 

Able to mark more emails at the same time ingame ? (not only one everytime)

A bit more space for stuff (clothing slots etc) ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Uocjat said:

oh another question

will the APB launcher ever stop installing DirectX?

(I know you can edit a config file to make it stop but somehow mine turned it self on again recently)

^this

If this hasn't been asked yet: New and improved clan system, that gives us a reason to be in a clan other than an extended friends-list.

Perhaps new clan specific contacts to level up and unlock some clan exclusive items :^)

• Like 1

Hey! After dealing with all the vital stuff like the engine upgrades are there any plans to add more contacts/lore to the game? Are you planning to hire someone back from RTW to help understand the story of San Paro or are you planning to work with someone already on Little Orbit's team?

LO, you mentioned you're re-hiring some old APB developers.

How big is your dev team? Or, how big are you planning to grow?

Are Little Orbit intending to free up all the "taken" names from accounts that haven't been logged in to in for years?

LO will you be testing weapons before you release them on the ARMAS market place. The previous owners of this game was famous for releasing over powered weapons for 3-4 months to rake in $$$. Once the revenue stream started drying up, they would take the nerf stick to it. 

13 hours ago, Ken2 said:

You may wait for apb to get populated once again... if they fail, then implementing to these ideas wont be that bad.

If that ever happens. But even then having a unified playerbase instead of several split groups would benefit the game's longlivety. It's in everyone's best interest to keep this game alive, I reckon, and the server situation is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the key detriments.

14 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

I guess I don't really have a question, but I want to touch on something that you might be approaching from the wrong direction currently:

Concerning servers, server merges and character transfers, you seem inclined to keep the current state of regional servers with unique character databases. This is a flawed system to begin with and something which the original game was, iirc, supposed to handle differently.
Despite the difficulties Matt mentioned about merging character databases / transferring characters, your team should consider merging all characters onto one database and have districts hosted in different regions (e.g. Financial-EN1 (US), Financial-EN2 (UK), Financial-DE1 (GER), Financial-RU1 (RUS) and so forth).
This reduces the issue of a low playerbase in general, as well as low populations during off-time.
At the cost of lag, players could then chose districts/servers from a different region.

This would be nice after new network code and perhaps with new servers. Currently you can go play with 150ms on Jericho and dance around like a bullet sponge because hitboxes desync af with higher latency.

Not sure if mentioned, but, are mom jokes allowed Ingame? :classic_huh:

Just kidding, but any chance of getting proper working servers one day? the Softlayer server, not sure if the old engine is causing the trouble or the fact, that the Servers G1 added back in the day are just terrible in general.

Edited by SandyBitch

7 hours ago, Gro said:

Hi, i got my thread wanished with this forum thingy and i was pretty sure Matt did say no threads would be deleted.

And, due to the fact that support page is not loading at the moment, could you guys check backup of the old forums and move the thread to current ones?

It was at: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/381769-grobars-store-heavy-pictures-alert/

If not, it's going to be third time i have to make it start fresh.

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/381769-grobars-store-heavy-pictures-alert/

• Like 1

ffc702ed0e039f28c869e30227903c7a.png

I have once worked on a map for this game and did a sketch of some of it in Sketchup.

Do you think this can somehow be used for a reference for a new map or at least part of it? 🙂

This is Midtown btw

Will there be player enforcement, atleast further beyond typing /report "insert poorly thought name here"? As in, someone is being toxic (a commonplace in the community), yelling profanity, harassing and threatening another player with physical violence or threatening them in general, and the victim screenshots the conversation. Would there be a player enforcement area where victimized players can upload pictures of chat and in game victimization (excluding cheating unless its something way too obvious like flying around the map or instant kill from a pistol from 999999 yards away). that GMs or some form of a moderation team could sweep over on occasion and handle?

do you like my edgy profile picture?

na, seriously, can we expect the tracers back? they were a cool part of the game.